Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Charles Remy - engineercharlesremy@gmx.fr

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Charles Remy - engineercharlesremy@gmx.fr

Unread postby firefly » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:18 pm

A year ago, we exposed few fake couriers websites here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... 17&t=70927. On October 3, this year, another victim reported a fake bank used in a romance scam case: sco-ukgroup.com.

Researching that fake bank impersonating Standard Chartered Bank, we identified an entire nest of fake websites created and maintained by the same party: https://db.aa419.org/fakebankslist.php? ... jarollover.

One of these fake websites is lcbankfr.com, pretending to be LC Bank France Online.

From the fake website:

Lc Bankfr was established 100 years ago, to offer commercial banking services across the Globe. The bank commenced services on the same day, having purchased the assets and assumed certain liabilities of the defunct Banks.

Contact details:

Phone: +33 75 790 6279
22 Avenue
George V, 75009 Paris
support@lcbankfr.com

+33757906279
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination France
City or exchange location Métropole
Original network provider* Legos

Entry in the aa419 Database of fraudulent websites: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=140058.

This is what the fake website looks like:

lcl.JPG

Few days later, someone else contacted us:

Regarding your report on website www. lcbankfr.com:

Thank you so much for reporting this! I was almost scammed by these
people.

There is another website being used in conjunction with this banking
site by the same group of scammers: iyisteels.com
Please report this one as well, as it is being used in conjunction
with the fake bank site to scam people out of money.

This is a romance scam that started out for me on OK Cupid. The guy, who calls himself Engineer Charles Remy, talks with you for a while...a month or so...to develop a relationship and build trust. Right before you are due to meet the first time, he has to go to California to teach a safety course for two weeks, then of course right when he's due to fly back so you can meet, he gets an email about this job with BP Oil that he's been trying to get forever that takes him to Alaska. While there doing this supposed job, he has supposedly bad internet, and so eventually suggests that you send the wire transfer for him out of his own bank account to pay for the materials he needs for this job. At first glance, it all looks very legit, but it comes apart very quickly once you start investigating. The bank account is what really locks you into believing it's real though. Of course, the first transaction goes through without a hitch. It's the second one where they get you to help with the shipping payment, which will not go through and ends up "freezing" his bank account so he now has to come up with these funds a different way. It is a very clever set up, as there is not much info out there yet on this one, so any press you can give it will help.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Charles Remy - engineercharlesremy@gmx.fr

Unread postby firefly » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:20 pm

Emails received:

From: "engineercharlesremy@gmx.fr" <engineercharlesremy@gmx.fr>
To:
Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019
Subject: About me
Hey beautiful..

Up and couldn't go back to bed, been here thinking about you so I decided to use this opportunity to write you and let you know more about me.. I'm the child of a gentleman called Engr Alexandra Remy and mother by the name of Jane Remy. I was born into this world September 16th 1957 as Charles Remy. I never had any siblings. I was born in the American Hospital of Paris, France. I'm a Catholic. My parents took their religion very seriously at that time so i inherited that from them..therefore i was a good child who everybody loved and wanted to keep close.
My parents finally divorced when I was 5 and my dad relocated to San Jose, CA where he died years ago. Father drove out that fateful Tuesday morning of 2006 and never came home. He had a fatal accident on his way coming home from a business trip. It was a rainy day and he couldn't drive clearly.. Alas he drove into a tree trunk and that was how my fathers story came to an instant end. He was buried and me and mum tried to move on. I miss him but cant question God. My dad used to run a small business of his own where various articles for low scale construction work were sold..i guess that was where my interest for construction started growing because i used to play with a lot of scrap in his shed. My mother was a Nurse who was up to the task.. A home keeper whom my father met in one of his trips to overseas(Madrid,Spain) and they fell in love. She was originally from (Madrid,Spain) He married her within a short period because father in himself was a very handsome and suave man.. Mother is very hardworking,loving and too kind. We lived in a small house of ours and i lacked nothing. I was spoiled as an only child. I played a lot of soccer during my childhood because my neighbourhood was full of soccer lovers who played soccer morning afternoon and night. It was and always will be a pretty interesting experience.
I attended International School of Paris for High school just a few kilometers from my fathers house and just like every other kid around the block. And attended San Jose State University..I tried my best to make my parents proud with my grades.I didn't like school initially but my mother forced me to love school. I loved her and she was the only reason why i accepted to go to school..but with time i fell in love with the values that education posed therefore became almost the best in my class.
more to come later.......

Have to go now have a busy day ahead I wish I can write more but promise to do that soon, so you can get to know and understand this man you're about to take a walk with that will last forever.. Here are some pictures for you, 1st is Dad, Mum and me.. 2nd picture is me and Brittany and the last is the very man you charmed with your beautiful smile..

Engr Charles

Stolen pictures received with the message:

Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:22 pm

To:
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2019
Subject: My feelings
Hi babe!

I have waited so long to be able to wake up every day to your beautiful face. I'm so thankful to God that we met and we will never have to be apart. We will be together soon.

I have such a strong feeling for you that I could cry all day long.You take my breath away with some of the things you say, those words are the magical words I ever wished to listen.

I have realized that its just too hard to stay away from you. Normally I am ok but at night times just becomes too much to bear. I sleep and wake up thinking of you.

You are an amazing person that I have truly loved getting to know. You have always meant so much to me, whether you realized it or not. You truly are my best friend. But you are more than that, you’re my best friend, my girlfriend, my everything – all rolled into one.

I don’t know what I would do without you. You truly do mean the world to me. Baby, I am head over heels for you. You stole my heart and you never really gave it back.

You are my dream girl. You are so perfect to me in everyway. I look at your beautiful face in your picture and I just can’t stop smiling.

It’s such an amazing feeling to see the lady I love smiling back at me with the same feelings in her heart. Before you, I thought I knew what love was. Now I realized I never did.

I am so proud of you.You are so smart,even if you don’t give yourself enough credit. You really are very intelligent. In all honesty, there are so many things that I love about you.

Love is like an earthquake, a little unpredictable and scary. But when the hard part is over, you realize how truly lucky you are. Well, the hard part is over babe, and we are incredibly lucky.

I love you with all of my heart. You mean the world to me. This feeling of love that I hold within my heart for you runs deeper than any ocean or sea; I just wish you could see how much you mean to me.

If only you could hold me, then maybe you would feel my love for you that burns with a flame high enough to last.If only you could hear my heart beat, then maybe you would understand the language of love with which it speaks.

If only you could kiss me then maybe you would taste my love for you that's so sweet, and if only you could look into my eyes, the window to my soul, then you would know that this is no lie!

Have to go now, need to continue with my work, got few hours to go in for the presentation. Just felt I should tell you a little of what I feel for you and us. Have a great day kisses kisses..

Engr Charles
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:02 pm

For adding credibility to his fraud, the scammer usually forwards to the targeted victims messages allegedly received from others.

To:
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Subject: Fwd: INVOICE

Engr Charles

Forwarded email

Date: September 13, 2019 at 7:57 PM
To: engineercharlesremy@gmx.fr
Subject: INVOICE

Engr. Charles.
We are very sorry for the delay in sending you the invoice for the order you made, we had to make sure PI corresponds with your order.
Kindly download attachment for PI and account information.

To:
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Subject: Fwd: Account Registration

Engr Charles

Forwarded email

Date: September 13, 2019 at 11:28 PM
To: engineercharlesremy@gmx.fr
Subject: Account Registration

Dear Customer,

This is to inform you that your Account # 835895xxxx is registered successfully with Lc Bankfr and currently in Inactive state. We will soon contact you once it get activated.

Click here to login: https: // www. lcbankfr.com
In case you need any further clarification for the same, please do get in touch with your Home Branch.

Regards,
Lc Bankfr
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:06 pm

The same alleged forward style is used to convince the victim that the scammer paid himself, before asking for financial help - the victim is CC'd in every message:

From: engineercharlesremy@gmx.fr <engineercharlesremy@gmx.fr>
To: Iyi <info@iyisteels.com>
Cc:
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2019
Subject: Payment slip

Dear sales manager,

Good day! Please see attachment for payment confirmation of Invoice Number: YZ14-4000302. Payment was made yesterday. I await your response when you receive wire transfer in your account. Thanks

Engr. Charles Remy
For: British Petroleum Industry Company

To: "engineercharlesremy@gmx.fr" <engineercharlesremy@gmx.fr>
Cc:
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2019
Subject: Re: Payment slip

Engr. Charles Remy
Thank you for the proof of payment, we will let you know soon as money drops in our account.

Sales Manager Iyi Steels Production Company.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:13 pm

Since the ground is set up properly, the scammer can now push the responsibility for the payment onto the victim. After all, he got locked out of his bank account after the victim made a payment from his account, as he requested...

To: engineercharlesremy@gmx.fr <engineercharlesremy@gmx.fr>
Cc:
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Subject: Payment confirmation

Engr. Charles
We have received your payment and your materials has been arranged at the shipment department for shipping. An additional payment of $216,000.00 was generated at the shipment department for shipping of your order, invoice number YZ14-4000302.
The payment is to be made to our shipping department. See bank details below.

Bank Name: Turkiye Finans Katilim Bankasi A.S.
Account Name: Mayor international lojistik Dis ticaret limited sirketi
Account Number: 377132x-xxxIBAN
Number: TR7900206002450377132xxxxx
Swift Code: AFKBTRIS
Bank Address: 245 Nisantasi Subesi Istanbul Turkey

Send us payment confirmation or T/T copy.
Thanks Sales Manager Iyi Steels Production Company.

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019, <engineercharlesremy@gmx.fr> wrote:

Dear sales manager,

Attached is a payment confirmation of $52,000.00 from my WELLS FARGO account. Another payment of $31,000 will come today or tomorrow. I'm sorry shipment fee will come in part payments until completed. I was locked out of my account yesterday. Please bear with me. Thanks

Best Regards,

Enger Charles

Cc:
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2019
Subject: Re: Prove of payment

Engr. Charles
Thank you for the proof of payment, we will let you know soon as money drops in our account.

Cc:
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2019,
Subject: Re: Confirmation Receipt For $22,000

Engr. Charles Remy

Thank you for another proof of payment, we will let you know soon as money drops in our account.

On Sat, Sep 28, 2019, <engineercharlesremy@gmx.fr> wrote:

Dear sales manager

Here is another payment confirmation of $22,000 thanks
Enger Charles

Forwarded email

Date: September 27, 2018
To: "engineercharlesremy@gmx.fr"
Subject: Confirmation Receipt For $22,000

Hello Charles,
Download attachment to view confirmation receipt for $22,000. I was able to raise more money. Let me know when the steel company receives the money. Thanks
Good Luck,Engineer Charles Cole

Cc:
Sent: Thursday, October 3, 2019
Subject: PAYMENT CONFIRMATION

Engr. Charles
We have received your payments in our account, and we await the balance payment from you fiancée to proceed with your shipment.

Cc:
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2019
Subject: PAYMENT CONFIRMATION

Engr. Charles
We have received another part payment of $20,000.00 for the shipment of your order. Please pay up the balance payment so we can proceed with shipment.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Iyi Steels - iyisteels.com

Unread postby firefly » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:23 pm

The content is stolen from the real Turkish company website.

From the fake website:

Iyi Steels, established in year 2001, is one of the leading steel trading and manufacturing companies of Turkey and is also one of the top 100 exporters of Turkey. Our company is exporting steel products from Turkey to 75 countries located in different continents such as South America, Africa, Asia, Europe and Oceanic Islands.
We are regularly supplying steel products to different international projects.
As of December 2004, our company had been certified under ISO 9001 by TÜV SUD and SWISS TS.

Contact details:

Omer Avni Mh., Inebolu Sk., 34427 Beyoglu/Istanbul, Turkey.
info@iyisteels.com

"established in year 2001" is a lie - the fake website was registered in February.

Entry in the aa419 Database of fraudulent websites: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=140511.

From the domain name registration:

Domain name: iyisteels.com
Updated Date: 2019-02-15
Creation Date: 2019-02-15
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-02-15
Registrar: NAMECHEAP INC
Reseller: NAMECHEAP INC

Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: WhoisGuard Protected

This is what the fake website looks like:

ivysteels.JPG
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Romance scams.