Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Mason Chao - instagram

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Mason Chao - instagram

Unread postby Wayne » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:44 pm

Form received 2018-09-02 18:23:45

What name did the scammer use?: Mason Chao
How old did the scammer say they were?: 37
What site/app did you first meet the scammer on? Please provide a link if possible.: Instagram
Who made the first contact?: They contacted me first.
If they asked you to leave the site/app and go elsewhere, where did they take you?: 3 months
Any other social media profile links used by the scammer.: none
Scammer's email address if you have it.: masonchao9080@gmail.com

If they gave you a phone number, please add it here.: 1(206)8230398
Scammer's Skype name.: None
Scammer's Skype username .: None
How much money did they demand?: $1500
Name you were told to send the money to.: Josemaria Oteze
What country/city were you told to send the money to?: USA
How were you to send the money ?: Bank Transfer
What steps, if any, have you already taken to block the scammer?: Not block yet, still on process.
Are there any other details you wish to share? Anything you say may help prevent someone else from being scammed.: He said he is architect, working at chao constructions in Manchester, UK. in 1st month asking money for charity usd1.000 and in same month asking money usd500 to pay internet connection, phone call often everyday, but have so many reason to do video call (faulty camera) sending sweet message copy paste from internet. In 3 months sending flowers from abroad used Interflora. After receiving flowers he sending married certificate, after 3 days asking money to pay the lawyer he got charged because his project for accident and will send to jail VS government. When searching on Google nothing happened the accident.

Phone:
+12068230398
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location Bainbridge Island, WA

Type: Non-Fixed VoIP (e.g. Skype or Google Voice)
Original carrier: New Cingular Wireless Pcs, Llc
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

David Chao - Tinder

Unread postby Apartment404 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:49 pm

Thanks for posting this. I met his "brother", David Chao on Tinder and spoke for a day. I've got a very strong hunch that it was a scam so my due diligence check brought me here.

The type of scam used was "Offshore Scam" which he claimed that his construction company, Chao Constructions in Manchester won a rig building project with Eno SPA in Cyprus. He also claimed to be a Catholic (used plenty of reference to God in his sentences) and a Cambridge graduate.

Red flag came in when I told him I'm agnostic and that didn't deter him from continue talking to me. Ando for a Cambridge grad,he seems to have very mediocre English.

Long story short, I managed to find the rightful owner of the photos that they used (also a David, but not an engineer)and verified directly that his personal data and photos were used by the scammer. We both reported the fake David Chao profile in Facebook.

The modus operandi used is exactly the same as described, in fact they started using the love quotes from Internet on the 2nd day on me.
However I got bored and busy so I stopped replying and that caused them anxiety.

The phone number used is +447423462277 registered with Vodafone UK.

+447423462277
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination United Kingdom
City or exchange location
Original network provider* Vodafone Uk Ltd
Apartment404
New survivor

David Chao - Davidchao001@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:43 pm

I met his "brother", David Chao on Tinder and spoke for a day.

Someone else met this "brother" as well...

Submitted On: 2019-06-21 04:57:54

What site/app did you first meet the scammer on?: Coffee Meets Bagel
What email address(es) did the scammer use?: Davidchao001@gmail.com
What phone number(s) did the scammer use?: 447459088032 (new number) OR 447466874948 (he claimed this number no longer works)
Briefly explain what happened during the scam. : This is actually a potential scam that I suspected. I did not pay any money to this man yet. He will be coming to xxx to visit me next week.

Background information which may be useful:
1) He claimed he is the boss of CHAO construction (see the name card on one of the photos), which is also the company name reported above.

He claims himself to be an architect. His degree is Maths and Master degree is architecture. He told me he lost his parents in a plan crash in 2004 and afterwards he took up his dad's construction company. He recently told me he won a lawsuit case from a client who delayed his construction and the court awarded 5 million pounds to be paid to him in 30 days. Now he is planning to visit xxx and use the compensation to buy property here. First, i doubt if there is such a lawsuit case, even yes, i also doubt his nature of business and source of income.

For your information, I also attached some photos (The man next to him is called "FELIX", which is his best friend; the container is the construction project he just completed; the name card is his company ID)

+447459088032 / +447466874948
Number billable as mobile number(s)
Country or destination United Kingdom
Original network provider* Lycamobile UK Limited

The real owner of the stolen pictures used in scam is David Khoo, Senior Medical Liaison Officer for The National Rural Health Student’s Network (NRHSN). The pictures are stolen from the real owner Twitter account.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: David Chao - Davidchao001@gmail.com

Unread postby churro123 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:00 am

What site/app did you first meet the scammer on?: Instagram
What email address(es) did the scammer use?: david_chao155
What phone number(s) did the scammer use?:
Briefly explain what happened during the scam. : I didn't send any money, but send me text every morning. Pictures seems like same person as previous post.

Background information which may be useful:
1) He also claimed he is the owner of a company, he was divorced, 41 years old.
He claims himself to be an architect. He also told me he lost his parents, he would love to find a lifelong partner and kid. i also see same picture as previous post
churro123
New survivor

Re: David Chao - instagram

Unread postby churro123 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:10 am

churro123
New survivor

Re: David Chao - instagram

Unread postby firefly » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:43 pm

Thank you for the update, churro123.

Yes, same stolen pictures in this case.

You have here few steps to take into consideration for protecting yourself after being targeted by a scammer: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504.

Feel free to add here all the relevant details you have: his contact details - email address, phone number, website he uses, if any; money request - if he asked for. Please remove your name and other personal details about yourself if mentioned in the messages before posting.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: New Scammer Profile - Mark Cheung Morgan

Unread postby sylviaila » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:37 am

This 'Oscar Chao' has transformed to 'Mark Cheung Morgan' in August 2019.
Happens to me in Hong Kong, from an online dating app Paktor 3 weeks ago. Same profile as a civil engineer in Manchester.
sylviaila
New survivor

Re: Mason Chao - instagram

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:32 pm

sylviaila

Please post all the information you have on him.
Email address.
Pictures sent to you.
Chat names.
Phone numbers.
Some of the messages sent to you, especially the first few where he describes himself, and any money requests.

Stop talking to him now, and do not tell him you know he is a scammer or that you found him here.
Wait for an email from the staff asking for more details.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

David Kong - davidkong752@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:25 pm

In the meantime, a fraudster abusing stolen pictures of the same innocent person is actively defrauding victims online while pretending to be a doctor...

Submitted On: 2019-09-16 04:15:01

What name did the scammer use?: David Kong
What site/app did you first meet the scammer on?: Coffee Meets Bagel
What email address(es) did the scammer use?: davidkong752@gmail.com. The scammer also has an LINE account, ID: davidkong752
Briefly explain what happened during the scam. : What he told me; He’s graduated from Ottawa University, and used to work at Northwestern Memorial hospital in Chicago. He has his own registered company that supplies hospital equipment to hospitals and care homes but he has a dream of making his company global so he signed the contract with the WHO in partnership with USAID and he’s based in Cyprus. He also told me that his father passed away when he was 4, and his mother also passed away. He also told me he’s “the only child of my parents”.
He tried to fly and visit me and he told me that he needed to pay money to travel department. He told me that he had a problem with the online banking system and shared with me his bank account and password to see if I can make the payment on his behalf. I tried but it didn’t go through and the account was blocked due to an access from unusual location. He gave me another cash recipient information which works in the country where I live and asked me to pay from my bank account. I regrettably paid. After that he also asked me to pay for DTA daily travel allowance which is required by the travel department.
Did you send any money to the scammer? If so, how much?: About $20,000 (paid by local currency)

Type of messages used:

Hi my name is David Kong. I’m single and not married. Are you single and do you have kids?

I’m working with WHO in partnership with U.S. Navy
I’m stationed in Dhekelia base
i used to work at Northwestern Memorial hospital in Chicago but I stopped because i have my own registered company that supplies hospital equipment to hospitals and care homes but I have a dream of making my company global so i need to work on it and do things that will give me more experince that’s why I signed the contract with the WHO 3months ago.
I have supplied few hospitals around the world both in europe and africa and especially in Asia. Also in Turkey

Stolen pictures used (aside the ones already reported here):

Fake bank used in fraud: http: // www. gonline-sb.com/b/

Fake bank account shown to the victim:

kongbank.JPG

Bank accounts the victim was asked to send money to:

Beneficiary Name : R. A. S.
bank name: Bank of America
bank branch: Medford, Oregon
branch address: 222 West Main Street, Medford, Oregon USA 97501. USA
Bank Routing/Swift Code: 323070380
Accunt number: 48501007xxxx
currency: USD
amount: 10000

Bank name: Jp post office
Account holder: M. L.
Account number: 880xxxx
Branch code: 10350
Branch: Ichinowari

Bank: Japan post
Bank code:14460
Acc number:4494xxxx
Holder name:G. V. C.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: gonline-sb.com

Unread postby firefly » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:31 pm

The fake website used in fraud claims to be Goldman Sachs Bank.

The real bank with that name was founded in 1869 and is headquartered in New York City.

The fake one was created in January.

From the fake website:

GS Bank is a New York State-chartered bank and is supervised by the New York State Department of Financial Services, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. GS Bank is a member of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (”FDIC”), which insures deposits up to certain limits.

Contact details on the fake website::

Official Email Address
Customer Services: customerservice@gonline-sb.com
Bank Transfer : goldmansachs.banktransfer@gonline-sb.com
For check deposits
Goldman Sachs Bank USA
PO Box 4571
Carol Stream, IL 60197-4571
For general correspondence
related to your deposit account at GS Bank
Goldman Sachs Bank USA
PO Box 1978
Cranberry Twp, PA 16066

Entry in the aa419 Database of fraudulent websites: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=139869.

From the domain name registration:

Domain name: gonline-sb.com
Updated Date: 2019-01-13
Creation Date: 2019-01-13
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-01-13
Registrar: NAMECHEAP INC
Reseller: NAMECHEAP INC

Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: WhoisGuard Protected
Registrant Organization: WhoisGuard, Inc.

This is what the fake website looks like:

gsbank.JPG
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Next

Return to Romance scams.