Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammers abusing stolen photos of Keith C.Rooker

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Romance scam - Tommybelle2010@gmail.com

Unread postby Doona » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:40 pm

I am new here so I am not sure how to do this properly. I fell for a romance scam. I guessed from the beginning that it was a scam but I kidded myself. Lonely I guess. I have his passport name (?) number, a couple of other names, a lot of photos, a valid email address as I sent him some money -fortunately very little and through Amazon NOT my bank. I am feeling gutted but Wayne´s remarks have helped a lot. I have to get over it. But there is an empty feeling inside.
I hope I have posted to the right place.
Doona
New survivor

Re: Tommybelle2010@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Doona,

You are in the right place. Being scammed is a bad experience and you need time to recover after it.

Here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/vie ... 11&t=26504 and here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/vie ... 11&t=37058 are two topics that might help you right now.

Can you please try to forward all the messages / pictures / documents you received from the scammer to my email address? You have it below, under every post I make on the forum. Your identity will be entirely protected - the details you have about the scammer could save someone else soon.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby Doona » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi!
I have sent all the details I have plus fotos and will answer any questions. Will there be any feedback? I mean, will anyone comment on what I have sent or tell me if they know who this person is? I hope I have helped to stop anyone else getting hurt.
Thank you!
Doona
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:17 pm

We're looking into what you sent right now. Keep an eye on this thread, as any updates will be posted here.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby Doona » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:44 pm

Thank you very much. I also have a video of his little girl singing Happy Birthday to me but I hope you don´t need this.
Doona
New survivor

Re: Romance scam

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:10 pm

Doona,

No, we do not post videos here, nor any photos or videos of innocent children whose identity has been stolen by scammers. Thanks for asking.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby firefly » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:58 pm

Posted on behalf of the victim.

I made a crazy mistake in believing in a man on internet. I don´t even know how he accessed my facebook as it is private. Anyway, I felt strange about him from the beginning. Some things didn´t add up. He sent me loads of photos and videos and I believe these were genuine as he would say am sleepy and send me a photo, or my daughter wants to say "Hi" and would send me a video. She even sang me happy birthday and called my name. I guessed what would happen. Sure enough a a month later he got a contract in Latin America. Again photos of meetings, the flight" etc. During this time he was flattering me, "wooing" me you could say.

So he gave me his daughters email address and asked me to keep in touch with her which I did. But I always had the feeling it wasn´t her replying.

Then comes the crunch. He asked to borrow money as the bank wouldn´t release his. 2.500 dollars. I said no way. I didn´t have that money. He said he would lose the contract. He asked me to please try. So I blocked him on whatsapp. I then got a call from his personal phone and he was horrible. Calling me a wicked woman and many other things. (He is supposedly a very religious man and he always said God meant us to be together. These were the sort of remarks that deep down I knew were phoney). He put the phone down on me. I was crying so much I unblocked him and sent him a message saying I couldn´t help but I wasn´t a bad person...you can imagine. I am going to cut this short but he managed to reassure me and in the end I sent 300 dollars (NOT from my bank account. From Amazon) I thought that is it. 300 dollars lost but maybe he is genuine. Idiot :) So he is all affectionate again and then asks me for money again. I said I had 100 left and he asked me to send that and he would return it that day. I was working and was very short with him and then felt bad. Why does he make me feel so guilty? So I sent my last 100 euros. Thank God something happened and Amazon blocked my account. They said that there had been some suspicious movements (or words to that effect) and that my account was blocked and all transactions cancelled. I knew that that either it was this man himself or someone out there was trying to protect me, so I changed my password, accessed Amazon and made sure the transaction was cancelled which it was. He texted me twice in the night simply saying the money hadn´t arrived. Then again in the morning. Then he phoned and asked what had happened. He STILL wanted me to send him the money. I said no, I couldn´t. (...) He said "Bye", then texted me to say something about the way God works and thank you for being so "cool". I think he meant cold. His English is not perfect. He said "what is 200 dollars you are complaining about?" (I think he meant the 100 euros). Basically that is it.

"Ok". End of story. But I don´t know why I feel so upset, so lonely, so empty.

Anyway, that was why I wanted to talk to someone because there are so many details and I know I have been really stupid. I know I have to have self-compassion but why do I still miss him? Scary that in such a short time I started to rely on someone.

I also realise you do not give advice. You listen. And I am grateful for that.

So that is basically my story. Very stupid. When I first started to message him he was on facebook. When I asked him what language it was he said he had been hacked a year before and didn´t really use facebook. First lie. There was a picture of him and his daughter and loads of message which I think are in a language from the philippines. And they were recent. I challenged him and he was very rude. If I didn´t believe him to block him etc. But no answer to my questions. He never really answered any questions. The photos are supposedly in Brazil with his work´s team, at the hotel. with his taxi driver...

Some of the stolen pictures received:

Message received from the so called scammer's daughter:

Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018
To:

Hello mama waooo am very happy you write to me , I love the picture of the dogs ,
I have just one dog hope you will get one for me
Am doing fine I told the nanny a lot about you and show the nanny your picture ,dad send your picture to my email
When am I going to meet you
My Dad told me very soon we going to meet
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:14 pm

There are few fake profiles used on dating sites with stolen pictures from the same gallery.

On talkgator.com as:

Thompson Merchant
Male
BD: 1964/04/09
Working at Freight management logistics Inc
Studying at Brooklyn college
Living in United States
Located in Texas

I am kind, caring and considerate. I am a good listener, know about the heart of others. After one divorced, I have better understanding about how to love a woman. Everybody has a past. It makes ourselves better from the experiences. Let's memorize all the good things, cherish what we have right now, and create a cozy home together

On livedatematch.com as:

Craig22, 58 Texas, United States
Marital Status:
Single / Never married
Have Kids:
No
Education:
Some High School
Employment Status:
- - -
Artistic / Musical / Writer
Lovely caring and nice.looking for someone who I will spend the rest of my life with.

On ilikeyou.com as:

Peter
56 , Georgia

On wamba.com as:

Carter Christopher
55 years old, Libra. United States, Dearing

firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby Doona » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:10 pm

Thank you all for helping me. I am truly shocked at how many different messages, ages, professions etc. that he used. I am sorry for all of you out there who believed him. Those of you who think they have been scammed please do as I did. You have my story. How stupid I was. But also you can see how clever these people are. The guys on Scam Survivors have been brillant. At least I now know for cetain that I was scammed, and have to put it down to experience. And learn from it!
I still have a couple of questions in my head. Where was he from? He was definitely not American. And what happens to the poor people who have their photos stolen?
Anyway, I wanted to add a few things: his facebook is now deleted but it was John Michael Tommy. His email address is Tommybelle2010@gmail.com He said his real name was John Hush, Whatsapp 545989412 Phone (brazil) +55 7931423007.

Phone:
+557931423007
Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination Brazil
City or exchange location Sergipe, SE
Doona
New survivor

Franklin Walters franklinwalters4422@gmail.com

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:52 pm

Form received 2019-02-25 16:21:01

What name did the scammer use?:
Franklin Walters

How old did the scammer say they were?:

What site/app did you first meet the scammer on? Please provide a link if
possible.:
Facebook

Who made the first contact?:
They contacted me first.

If they asked you to leave the site/app and go elsewhere, where did they
take you?:
To the mail address franklinwalters4422@gmail.com and hangout

Any other social media profile links used by the scammer.:
Hangout

Scammer's email address if you have it.:
franklinwalters4422@gmail.com

If they gave you a phone number, please add it here.:
No

Scammer's Skype name.:
No

Scammer's Skype username (right click their photo/avatar and click "view
profile")
No

How much money did they demand?:
R8000

Name you were told to send the money to.:
Western union

What country/city were you told to send the money to?:
Nigeria

How were you to send the money ?:
Western union

What steps, if any, have you already taken to block the scammer?:
No

Are there any other details you wish to share? Anything you say may help
prevent someone else from being scammed.:
He used helenaadrianalouw@gmail.com address and she was his agent. She also
contacted me for money and passports.
=
Attachments
image.._uhbabv.jpg
Screenshot_20190114-191803_2f58d1.png
IMG_20181021_030740_507_3nljtx.jpg
IMG_20181021_030740_507_3nljtx.jpg (24.24 KiB) Viewed 5792 times
filled certificate._kmfk91.jpg
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

PreviousNext

Return to Romance scams.