Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

military romance scam from zoosk

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

military romance scam from zoosk

Unread postby ginger » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:21 pm

Hi i have recently been a victim of scammer luckily i kept my wits about me whilst chatting with this person and scrutinzed everything he said here is my story -
i started chatting with him on zoosk i cannot remember is username on there but think it was lonely something anyhow after a week we moved on to Whatsapp chatting all hours after he told me his name was Metin Garden and that he was 55 yrs old he was half turkish and half scottish but was in the Royal Regiment of Scotland and that he was based in Libya now his name did raise a red flag lol - after about another week he sent me flowers and a teddy i tried to contact the e florist for information re: the purchaser but they wouldnt give me the details then a few days later another bunch arrived very expensive as well by the looks anyhow weeks have gone by and ive been throwing into the conversation british sayings and slang and he has understood these however he did mention about wanting to buy his self out of service again this raised a red flag so i googled it but the answers were not straight forward - then he asked for a uk appl iTunes card of which i flipped my lid and called him a scammer he soon started talking me round i searched all about itunes cards even got in touch with apple who did say that the uk itunes card could not be bought where he was so again i backed down - everything he had told me was plausable i even have a cousin in the army and kept asking him questions and he replied that things were plausible - i even contacted the Royal Rgiment of Scotland fb page and messaged them but unfortunatley they were not very helpful until today he mentioned again that he wished he had the means to buy his self out so i aksed out of curiosity how much he replied that his superior wanted £2000 this would cover his flight and replacent and he would be home within a week got him - i immediatly contact regiment of scotland fb page and got and instant reply that no one in the british army can buy their selfs out and havent for decades ... and guess what not heard from him for at least 5 hours now.
ginger
New survivor

Re: military romance scam from zoosk

Unread postby firefly » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:26 pm

Ginger,

Glad you are not a victim.

Can you add some elements to your story, please? The email address he was using with you, the phone number, few elements from his online profile, the stolen pictures he is using - all those may help other victims talking with the same scammer.

IT would be great if you can post some of the messages he sent. Don't forget, please, to remove your name or location from those messages before posting.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby ginger » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:38 pm

hi his telephone number was 07478623104 i will need to do the photos later once i have help lol not very techy - i cfhecked the number and it is registered in Britain - his english is very good i have been informed by the regiment to report to the police in both scotland and england.
ginger
New survivor

Unread postby ginger » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:39 pm

he also said he was a widower of 7 years.
ginger
New survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:27 pm

Please post sample E-mails too. The first 4 - 5 are the most important ones and the ones where the scammer asks for money. Please be sure to remove any reference to your real name.

E-mail addresses, Photographs, Phone Numbers, Are all helpful.
Thank you,
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:47 pm

+447478623104
Number billable as mobile
Country or destination United Kingdom
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby KazzaKazza1970 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:43 pm

I am currently talking to this guy via WhatsApp after meeting through zoosk, any further info on him before I delete & report?
KazzaKazza1970
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:28 pm

No, we have nothing further from ginger. I wish she had posted the emails she got from him, as they are very important to help save others.
Please post everything you have. Delete or XXX your name and other personal information from the posts.

Do not tell the scammer you know he is one, or tell him you are posting him here.
Also, do not report him to dating site, facebook, skype, and profile host as this this hurts other victims and ruins warnings.

Please read this as well,
What to do if you are a victim of a scam
http://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/view ... =3&t=26504
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby firefly » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:29 pm

KazzaKazza1970,

Can you please post here the email address he is using, some of the stolen pictures he sent you and messages you received from him? There are a lot of scammers online posing as military and it might help if someone else targeted by this scammer will be able to find here identifiable details.

Please remove your name from those messages (if mentioned) before posting.

If you don't know how to post, you can use my email address (you can find it under every post I made on the forum) and forward those details to me for posting.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby KazzaKazza1970 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi, He’s still messaging me via WhatsApp but has never mentioned money or anything that would make me suspicious yet, only the same fact his wife died 7 years ago & he is retiring from Army.
KazzaKazza1970
New survivor

Next

Return to Romance scams.