Site logo

Advert.
Switch to full style
This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.
Post a reply

paulinemariedouillet@gmail.com

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:56 am

Form received 2017-12-12 19:26:33

What name did the scammer use?: Pauline Marie Douillet
Scammer's email address if you have it.: paulinemariedouillet@gmail.com
How old did the scammer say they were?: 32
Scammer's Skype name.: n/a they used Google Hangouts - Pauline Marie Douillet
Scammer's Skype username .: Pauline Marie Douillet - They wanted to use skype, but I wouldn't let them, so they used Google Hangouts
Address of the scammer's FaceBook, Google+ or other social media site page.: Pauline Douillet ‏ @Paulinedouille1 on twitter
What site/app did you first meet the scammer on? .: Pauline Douillet ‏ @Paulinedouille1 on twitter
If they asked you to leave the site/app , where did they take you to?: First they asked me to go on skype, but I said no. Then they directed me to Google Hangouts
How much money did they demand?: 1225 euros
Name you were told to send the money to.: Pauline Douille
What country/city were you told to send the money to?: Abidjan, Ivory Coast
If they gave you a phone number, please add it here.: n/a
If they posted your video on a website, please include the link.: Have not received any attempted blackmail video. There was no sexually explicit activity on video, only romantic chat via text.
How were you to send the money ?: Western Union at: NOM : Douillet PRÉNOM : Pauline PAYS : Côte d'ivoire VILLE : Abidjan CODE POSTAL: 00225 QUESTION: Oui Réponse: Oui Montant : 1225 €
What steps, if any, have you already taken to block the scammer?: So far I've blocked the accounts on Twitter and Google Hangouts. However, they still have my email address.
Are there any other details you wish to share? Anything you say may help prevent someone else from being scammed.: First she (or he, the scammer) contacted me via private message on Twitter. I was caught off guard as I had a quarrel with my wife. It was impossible for me to resist. She was / is an extremely beautiful young French model (apparently a beautician). She was / is absolutely gorgeous. Over the course of almost a month of chat that followed, i literally fell head over heels in love with what I thought was this gorgeous young French woman. She told me she was based in Strasbourg, France and had her own Beauty salon. Her husband had left her and her 3 year old daughter. It was all very believable because she sent me pictures, lots of pictures of her, her with her mother and her friends, and her and her daughter. She convinced me that she wanted to come and be with me in Scotland. She was fed up of France and wanted to come and live with me. The first alarm bells started ringing for me when she told me she wanted to go an a trip to Africa in order to visit a notary with a view to unlocking her Father's estate. Her father had died apparently when she was only 10. But this added weight to the whole story, as she wanted an older man as a partner, as she had no brother, had lost her father at the age of 10 and had now lost her husband. I told her i knew it was a scam. But she was very hurt by this and managed to make up with me. Then she took the trip to Africa and was apparently doing the business with the bank and the notary (who knew her father). She then said she had to extend her stay in Africa for another 4 days to do the business. I knew for sure at that point that, if she asked me to send her money within that 4 day period, that it would certainly be an attempted scam. This is exactly what happened she slipped into the conversation that she needed me to send her 1225 euros in order to unlock the account of her father's estate. Of course, I never sent the money, despite her pleas. Then I blocked her. This was clearly a very sophisticated attempted scam. The conversation became very highly charged romantically and extremely convincing. I've been around a while and been scammed many times. I've been in business, but this was really something. I have quite a high profile on social media, and so I seem to attract these types. But i knew I was never intending to send money to Africa. My only concern now is for the woman in the pictures. Is she in danger? Or is she part of this elaborate scam? Maybe her pictures have been stolen? I've kept her pictures just in case they be of some help. I am of course heart broken at the same time.
Please upload a photo of the scammer if they sent you one.: Panda6_x1ns5n.jpg
=
skype name: Pauline Marie Douillet
skype profile ID: pauline.marie.douillet
strasbourg, France
Attachments
Panda6_x1ns5n.jpg

Re: paulinemariedouillet@gmail.com

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Thank you so much ... I am in the middle of a conversation with her right now. You have saved me a lot of money and heartache. I feel extremely foolish now, especially as a married man with a young family. Best wishes, JimB.

Started with a Twitter follow, then a direct message. I gave her my email - we moved to Google Hangouts. We conversed in French via email. Pah!
Attachments
1972543_355632694595773_4520653302181987569_n.jpg
1972543_355632694595773_4520653302181987569_n.jpg (13.99 KiB) Viewed 1729 times

Re: paulinemariedouillet@gmail.com

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:13 pm

jimbard,

First of all Stop all communication with the scammer. Do not reply to one more message, nor tell her you know "she" is a scammer or that you found her posted online here.

Please give us all the DETAILED information you have on her.
Email address(s) used.
Sample emails she sent which include her description of her fake details.
Sample emails asking for money.
Twitter account link.
Google Hangout email address/link.
Phone numbers used.
Documents sent, if any.
Any more pictures sent.

Any other email addresses or fake identity used in scam. (Lawyers, Couriers, Bankers, websites used, etc.)
The same type of details about them as the love interest.

Read and follow all of the advice in this topic as well:
What to do if you are a victim of a scam
http://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/view ... =3&t=26504
Post a reply