Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Something disturbing, and a lesson in spotting a fake ID.

Blog posts and news about the site.

Something disturbing, and a lesson in spotting a fake ID.

Unread postby Wayne » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:36 pm

Next month I'm giving a talk about how everything can be faked to a group of individuals connected to law enforcement. It's basically an almost complete rewrite of the one I gave for BSides in Bristol a while back. For this one I started digging into fake passports as a way to show how easy it is for scammers to get a hold of them. Looking in our gallery I found a perfect example:

The idea is to show how easy it is to identify the original with some simple image searches, and while doing said image searches I found a disturbing story:

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/10/11/7371510/

The original was taken by someone in Russia, Photoshopped and used in war misinformation! This is the image of the faked passport in the story:

c13f40c-passport-hydenko--detektor-media-.jpg

Disturbing fact it was used this way aside, that's actually a pretty good fake all things considered. Let's get a positive out of this and use it as an example on how to spot a fake ID. In this case, look at the date of birth. Notice how the 5 is in a different font to the 5 below it. It's also slightly darker and slightly larger. Now move across to the document number. It has nine zeros, which is not a genuine document number. You usually see numbers like that or 1234567890 on sample documents. It's the little things like this that we're constantly looking for when people ask us if a document is fake. Now you know too, and can hopefully spot fakes more easily in the future.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Return to Blog.