Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Death threats and DDoS attacks.

Blog posts and news about the site.

Death threats and DDoS attacks.

Unread postby Wayne » Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:46 pm

Yesterday on Twitter I joked that "Death threats and DDoS attacks" should be the title of my autobiography. The fact of the matter is however that it's a very serious subject. For those unaware, a DDoS attack is a way that people try to disable a website by overloading it with requests, often done using computers that have been hacked using a virus. Overload the site with too many data requests, the site falls over and no one can access it. When we first started the site it was on a shared host, and we were hit with an attack so big it took down over 100 other sites that were on the same system. Ever since we've had to pay a lot more to host our site on its own server with DDoS protection. The last particularly bad attack we had was on July 1st, when our traffic went up to over 400x what we usually get before the system we use caught it and diverted all the bad traffic elsewhere. A DDoS attack is a sign someone's not very happy with you. Another is a scammer telling you they're going to kill you.

We all use fake names, only have social media accounts linked to the site work we do and almost never show our true faces, except me, who has to be the "face of the site" for media purposes. The numbers the media have for me are essentially fake numbers too. One shows me as being in Cardiff, Wales while the other makes it appear as if I'm Toledo, Ohio, USA. I'm not in either. Even if you know what I look like, the odds of you finding me are miniscule. It's only by taking these precautions that we can feel safe when dealing with scammers, and know that any death threats made toward us are nothing more than threats. They're nothing more than words from a scammer who's angry and frustrated by our ruining his "job" by telling the world about his scams. But again, we can only feel that way because we've spent all this time making sure we're safe. If you're not, do NOT mess with scammers. It's not worth the risk. We - as they liked to say in Mythbusters - are what they call "experts".
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Return to Blog.