Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Sextortion help - AI style.

Blog posts and news about the site.

Sextortion help - AI style.

Unread postby Wayne » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:45 pm

This site started in 2012, and just a few weeks later we had our first request for sextortion help. Since then we have dealt with tens of thousands of cases and pretty quickly came up with what we feel is the best advice. Those steps have barely changed in all these years, and some of them are quoted word for word by various law enforcement agencies. Today I decided to check out what AI says about it if I claim I've been scammed. Here are the results, which are oddly enough almost exactly what we were telling people to do over a decade ago.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through this difficult situation. Dealing with sextortion can be distressing, but it's important to take immediate action to protect yourself. Here are some steps you can take:

Stay calm and prioritize your safety: It's crucial to remain calm and composed throughout the process. Remember that you're not alone, and there are resources available to help you.

Cease all communication: Stop any further interaction with the extortionist. Do not respond to their messages or engage with them in any way. This helps prevent them from gaining more leverage or control over the situation.

Preserve evidence: Take screenshots or capture any evidence related to the sextortion attempt, including messages, emails, or any other form of communication. This evidence may be useful when reporting the incident to the authorities.

Report to the police: Contact your local law enforcement agency and file a report about the sextortion incident. Provide them with all the evidence you have gathered. Be honest and give them a detailed account of what happened.

Inform trusted individuals: Reach out to someone you trust, such as a close friend or family member, and let them know what you're going through. Their support can provide emotional strength during this challenging time.

Protect your online presence: Increase your privacy and security settings on your social media accounts. Consider temporarily deactivating or suspending your accounts to minimize further exposure.

Block the extortionist: Block the individual's phone number, email address, and any other means they may use to contact you. This helps cut off their access to you and reduces the likelihood of further harassment.

Secure your accounts: Change your passwords for all your online accounts, including email, social media, and banking accounts. Enable two-factor authentication (2FA) whenever possible to add an extra layer of security.

Seek professional support: Reach out to a counselor, therapist, or a support organization specializing in online harassment and victim assistance. They can provide guidance, emotional support, and help you navigate the process.

Avoid paying or giving in to demands: It's important not to give in to the extortionist's demands or pay them any money. Doing so may encourage further attempts at extortion or blackmail.

Remember, every situation is unique, and it's essential to consult with legal professionals who can provide tailored advice based on your specific circumstances.

Just goes to show how accurate what we were saying all those years ago, and continue saying to this day turned out to be.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Return to Blog.