Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Thinking about actually calling a scammer?

If you want to bait, we want to keep you safe.

Thinking about actually calling a scammer?

Unread postby Big Al » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:31 am

Making this topic to advise about the safe way to do it. I'm not going into any of the finer details.

First of all, we never advise any scam victim to call their scammer to try and bait them.
You are better off to go and recover your life both emotionally and financially.
Keeping in touch with your scammer can only lead into worse things.
Scammers who get confronted by their victims as being scammers sometimes admit they are scammers and then lie and say they really did fall in love with the victim and then turn it into a marriage / green card scam.

Please leave calling scammers to people who have no personal investment in the call(s).

All of the Admins here at ScamSurvivors have years of experience in calling scammers and there are a lot of examples in our podcast section here:
viewforum.php?f=76

Most of the phone calls I make to scammers now are because I really want to get them to believe I am a real person so I can get them to continue the scam and hopefully send me banking details. So they are straight forward calls and nothing funny about them. To do it safely, I use Skype and I am sure to turn off the caller ID before I do the call.

So some tips about doing scammer phone calls for fun?
Be good at improv.
The call you plan to make will almost never go the way you plan.
The first few calls you make might be hard because you are aware that you are talking to a hardened criminal.
I somehow can make the connection that I'm talking to another human being and although I might say "Have a great day.", I'm doing the call for my own purpose.
Plus I know there is no way the scammer can find me in real life.

Beyond that, the calls are left to your imagination and the scammer's willingness to buy into the call.

It does help by doing it as a group call with other baiters in skype so they can type possible responses, directions, and possibly join the call as other characters to help out.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Return to Baiting help/advice/FAQs