Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Make it 5 times now I have been the object of scammers.

Stories we feel worth sharing with others are moved here.

Make it 5 times now I have been the object of scammers.

Unread postby Hennyjenny » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:47 pm

I befriended a few nicely dressed and polite men only to be asked for money or help for their kids by accepting packages at my home for them. I will not go into a lot of detail unless it is necessery.
Hennyjenny
New survivor

Re: Make it 5 times now I have been the object of scammers.

Unread postby Big Al » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi HennyJenny,
Sorry you have been put through so many messed up try's to scam you or use you as their mule. Anyone who you have never met face to face but only on the internet and asks you for money is a scammer, 100% of the time. As for receiving packages for them. Don't do it. The packages could contain anything (Drugs, Stolen Checks, Stolen Credit Cards, ETC.....). Any of these things you would be liable for if you receive and/or forward to another person.

Second, post the scammer's details in the proper forum. Delete any of your personal details from your posts. Don't take any actions to shut down any of the scammers Facebook accounts or E-mail addresses. They usually have many of them are only mildly inconvienced by having one closed.

Post E-mail addresses and if possible an E-mail from the scammer to you. Post the header from the E-mail. If you don't know how to get a header there is info available. Photos sent by the scammer to you, Links to Facebook, skype, or other profiles are helpful too.

Also, if your scammer has asked you to send money to a bank account, contact SlapHappy or Wayne. If you can send them a copy of the E-mail and the Header from that E-mail they can report it for being used for scamming and get it closed.

I'm sure I have forgotten something but you can get started with the above until the others come along.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:10 pm

I will not go into a lot of detail unless it is necessery.

It is. The details about the scammers can save other victims, if posted.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Please post each scammer in a separate topic, using their email address as the "Subject:" of the post.
Post as many details as you have on all of them. Scammers have dozens of victims at a time, and even if you were not fooled by them, others will. They all need to be warned. Accepting packages as a "favor" or as part of a job scam could land them in jail.

If your scammers sent you any packages, they were bought with stolen credit cards or another victim's money.
The scammers will get off scott-free, but the police will be knocking on your door as soon as the victim files a complaint. If you have accepted packages or cashed any checks, you must go to the police and the bank and report the scam as a victim, or you could be charged with a crime. The same could happen to one or more of the dozens of other victims, so please, post all of the details.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Tell your story here.