Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Apartment Scam nastaadronald@yahoo.com

Post up any 419 emails you received. All persons/companies depicted in these emails are either fictitious or have had their identities copied/stolen by the scammers. Emails posted by staff are received unsolicited to their "catcher" accounts.

Apartment Scam nastaadronald@yahoo.com

Unread postby peterwilliams2 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:08 pm

I was interested in an apartment on RentFeeder and came to realize that it was most likely a scam. Indicators were the extremely low price, upfront payment plans and the amount of amenities included. All of these things didn't add up. I decided to Google the seller's name and found some very negative reviews about the person and all phone numbers associated with the name had been shut off.

The seller's name is Ronald Nastaad and the email address is nastaadronald@yahoo.com.

Email correspondance with the seller:

ME -

Hi Ronald Nastaad,

You have received an inquiry about one of your RentFeeeder property listings. You can respond directly to this prospect by Replying to this email. Please see the message below:

Property: 485B POTRERO AVE, SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Property URL:http://2ll.r.mailjet.com/redirect/f0wvh6315cp5qhpdr5g1df/www.rentfeeder.com/properties/00AWZ
Email: XXX
Phone: XXX
Looking to Move: XXX
Click here view this message in the RentFeeder Leads Manager.

Thank you for using RentFeeder!

SELLER -

Hello,

Thanks for contacting me. The 2 bedrooms unit is available for lease located at 485 B Potrero Ave , San Francisco CA 94107 .The unit is within walking distance to shopping, dining and Shaws supermarket. The unit is equip with complete utilities some of which are, great closet space, open concept kitchens with breakfast bar, all appliances including, dishwasher, disposal, refrigerator with icemaker and self-cleaning electric oven.

Two Bedrooms unit Lease Plan

-Monthly rent is $1800 with a refundable security deposit of $1200.

-Upfront payment of 3 months lease attract 10% discount of the total rent with a refundable security deposit of $1200

-Upfront payment of 6 months lease attract discount of 15% of the total rent with a refundable security deposit of $1200.

-Upfront payment of a year lease attract 20% discount of the total rent with a refundable security deposit of $1200.

Property Amenities

Patio/Deck

Security Patrol

Exercise Room

Security Patrol

Assigned Parking

Covered Parking

Water included in rent included

in rent

Sewer included in rent included

in rent

Trash included in rent included

in rent

Gas included in rent included

in rent

Electricity included in rent included

in rent

Cable or Satellite TV included

Unit Amenities

Washer/Dryer

High-Speed Internet Ready

Fully Furnished

Pets allowed.

Pets allowed.

Keep in mind that rent includes all of the utilities, heat, hot water, electricity, AC, parking and the use of all of the facilities in the building with internet access & printers.

I need to know you and your present location.

Thank You,

Ronald Nastaad.
peterwilliams2
New survivor

Re: Apartment Scam

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:27 am

We need more information to say for sure. Can you find and post the email headers here for us?
Please remove your Email Address and Real Name from the headers. :idea:

Great sites for finding & checking email headers and IPs
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby brokensoul » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:22 am

Hello,

Thanks for showing interest in my apartment..It is still available and has the following amenities.

Amenities:
Dishwasher, Dryer, Electric Stove, Freezer/Deep Freeze, Fridge,Microwave, Washer, Washer/Dryer Hookups, Water/Sewer,Security Alarm/Door,,TV cable - Internet WIFI , DVD reader, central heating.flat screen TV

The price is 450 including utilities while 600 is for security deposit which will be refunded after the end of your stay in my apartment if no damage.

Address:616 E St NW
Washington, DC 20004, USA

0h!I almost forget to introduce my self..Am Errol ryan,in my 20's.I'm the only child of my parent .I used to stay in the flat not until i left for London for a construction job (I'm a construction engineer).Have been staying alone in the apartment for two years after my father and mom passed..This apartment is one of the valuable asset my late father left behind and that is why i am handling this and taking adequate measures to make sure i did admit a responsible person as a tenant while am in London(England).i could have handover this to an agent but had bad experience doing that so i decided to handle this my self while am london. .I was occupying one of the two bedrooms,so i am renting one out while the second room will be locked should in case i come down for inspection ...I am with the keys here in London England and will have to send it to you as soon as we finalize the rental procedure

I will like to know how many month you wish to stay in my apartment and also how many month you wish to pay upfront.Also,i will be appreciate you telling me more about your self to know who am giving out my room so that we can move forward on the lease agreement contract and sending of keys

Thanks
brokensoul
New survivor

Unread postby duckhunter » Tue May 21, 2013 2:50 am

Good catch brokensoul. This one has a number of clues that indicate scam, the most flagrant of which I will highlight:

0h!I almost forget to introduce my self..Am Errol ryan,in my 20's.I'm the only child of my parent .I used to stay in the flat not until i left for London for a construction job (I'm a construction engineer).Have been staying alone in the apartment for two years after my father and mom passed..This apartment is one of the valuable asset my late father left behind and that is why i am handling this and taking adequate measures to make sure i did admit a responsible person as a tenant while am in London(England).i could have handover this to an agent but had bad experience doing that so i decided to handle this my self while am london. .I was occupying one of the two bedrooms,so i am renting one out while the second room will be locked should in case i come down for inspection ...I am with the keys here in London England and will have to send it to you as soon as we finalize the rental procedure

I will like to know how many month you wish to stay in my apartment and also how many month you wish to pay upfront.Also,i will be appreciate you telling me more about your self to know who am giving out my room so that we can move forward on the lease agreement contract and sending of keys (this sentence had so many issues I had to highlight the whole thing :mrgreen: )

Also, have a look at the basic grammar and punctuation. These errors can be telling as well. When in doubt, check ip addresses, use google (and of course, paste em up here for a second opinion). Often the listing itself will be written very well -- because the scammer stole it from a legitimate agent -- but the second email (or additions to the first one) don't seem to match in grammar and punctuation. In this instance, when you google the 'good' parts of the ad, you might find a number of different listings. This is not a good sign.

In all cases, DO NOT make a deal with someone you don't know or haven't met, whether offering or looking for goods and services. If they're 'out of town', especially if they ask you to deal with them via Western Union or Moneygram, beware. This is a huge red flag.

I'm going to guess that the reason you didn't get a response here in the forum is that either you already knew or your situation was handled on a more personal basis? Whatever the case, as I said ... good scam spotting.
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter
Insert funny custom rank here.

Return to Scammer 419 emails.