Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

PayPal Scam

Post up any 419 emails you received. All persons/companies depicted in these emails are either fictitious or have had their identities copied/stolen by the scammers. Emails posted by staff are received unsolicited to their "catcher" accounts.

PayPal Scam

Unread postby Coxxie » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:31 pm

I was almost scammed today by a would be interested buyer for my 4x4 trailer Ad in South Africa!!!
I managed to catch onto the scam when they sent a genuine ID and passport photo of the buyer, who is apparently working offshore on an oil rig in the US and insisted they pay via PayPal. They said that monies were paid into my PayPal account plus extras to pay for an agent to fetch the trailer etc. but the monies are on hold until I go to Spar (local grocery store) and pay the Agents fees (R3000 plus fees), using my cellphone number and pin and then to send them the PayPal voucher, after which the PayPal hold will be released!!!
No monies on hold in my PayPal account, spelling, PayPal logo, ID and passport (could have been obtained via a previous scam), were sufficient to realise this is a scam!!!
Posting to make others aware of this type of scam!!!

Last email corrspondence I received:
I explained to your wife that i work on the rig here in the USA, we can use whatsapp... Send me your whatsapp line and this is what you need to do at Spar... Just go to Spar with the cash you want to send and your ID book, tell them you want to send money they will then request for a name and cellphone number of the receiver of the money. You will need to use your cellphone number as the receiver of the money so that the voucher number can be sent to your cellphone. Once the voucher number has been automatically sent to your cellphone number,you will need to forward the voucher number and pin to PayPal so they can credit your account and everything will be sorted. you see you are actually sending money to your own cellphone number and that means the money will still be in your possession, PayPal just need the proof of payment for the agent's fee, let's say its part of their verification process. I hope this help. Warm regards
Coxxie
New survivor

Re: PayPal Scam

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:46 pm

Coxxie,

It would help us to receive the details of the scammer/ his email address, phone number, photos of his ID, etc.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Re: PayPal Scam

Unread postby ean001 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:25 pm

This scam is still running although the amount you need to pay to spar is now R 4,000 the mails I received is 100% as per your post right down to the working in the USA sending me a valid SA id document - also for the sale of a vehicle and they arranged with their agent etc etc the one I got was from SLABERT GORDON JANSEN, slabertgorj25@gmail.com they first sent me a sms from this number 084 837 0961 which is a SA number and asked me to reply via email. The person who's ID they sent me is also 76 years old.

I started getting suspicious when they told me they wanted the car for his son in South Africa when I asked him where does his son stay he "they the scammers" replied that I don't understand he works in the USA, also the first time I heard of a shipping agent needing to be paid via spar - when I asked for the names and contact detail of the shipping agent they did not respond. I said that I have a friend who does shipping and will charge us nothing they replied that no they would rather go with their own agent who does 5 star shipping (but they need to get paid from spar.

Also the PAYPAL logos on the emails don't look anything like the PAYPAL logos on their site.

Phone: +27848370961
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination South Africa
City or exchange location
Original network provider* CELL C
ean001
New survivor

Return to Scammer 419 emails.