Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

recovery and reassurance

Post up any 419 emails you received. All persons/companies depicted in these emails are either fictitious or have had their identities copied/stolen by the scammers. Emails posted by staff are received unsolicited to their "catcher" accounts.

Re: Closure.When Will This End? There Is Life After The Scam

Unread postby firefly » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:04 pm

p91977,

sorry for your bad experience. The time is a great healer in such cases. Some of us here know how you are feeling now, because we share similar experiences. And based on those previous experiences, i can tell you that telling your story about this entire situation helps you to move forward. First, because you release some anger by putting in words your experience. Second, because you know that the details you have about the scammer may save someone else to be in the same situation as the one you are in now. Waiting too long to expose him put other potential victims in danger. And third, because after you do it, you know the info are open, easy to be found by others, and you can delete everything you received from him. In this way, you will be not tempted to go back on the messages and pictures received thinking "what if...".

He is a liar. The entire relationship built with him is only a fantasy. You can not go back in the real life as long as you let this fantasy to control your mind and your feelings.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby Boss » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:44 am

Dear friends,

Its been like two weeks, i have activated my FB, and all is well until now, i thank the forum for gr8 help and support they have shown, also for the others don't worry follow the instructions in this site and you should be fine.

Regards
Boss
New survivor

Unread postby NeverGiveIn » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:39 pm

hi all, i really can't thank you enough for this great site. i wouldn't make it without your help. its been 4 days since it happened to me and I'm recovering all the hurt and frustration I've been through, my life was certainly over until i found this site in the right time and again i thank everyone here. bless you all
NeverGiveIn
New survivor

Unread postby doodlejump » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:52 am

It's been a week since contact. I had sent them money but ignored them when they asked for more money again immediately after.
I followed the instructions here, blocked all contact of them, set up google alerts, made sure they had no other way to find me via google.
And here I am one week later, feeling mighty and strong, the scammer so distant and so little compared to me. Don't let them win over you. And always remember, that it gets better. In one week I'll have restored my facebook and other profiles with the confidence that the scammer will not come back.
doodlejump
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:19 pm

I'm glad to hear that things worked out well for you, and that you are getting back to normal again.
I'm sorry that you lost some money, but the scammer won't get any more. :D
Best wishes for the future.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby suhhhwank » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:16 am

Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses and I'm feeling a hell of a lot better. Luckily, school and thesis has taken all of my attention so I haven't even had time to think about it as much. Kind of a scary thing though, I suppose I didn't realize how unsafe I was on the internet. I cannot thank this website and you great people enough!
suhhhwank
New survivor

Unread postby doodlejump » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:13 am

Hey all,

It's been about six weeks since contact. Nothing has happened since, and very sure the scammer has moved on.

It is easy to realize that since these scammers spend all day scamming people, they don't have the time to go about putting videos. It just doesn't make sense to go through the effort of putting out the video if the user is unresponsive and refuses to give money. The less effort they have to deal with the better, so they likely only deal with users that are more cooperative.

So never cooperate with the scammers, delete all contact with them, and make sure they can just forget about you. Then you will have NOTHING to worry about.
doodlejump
New survivor

Unread postby mnboy0105 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:51 am

Just want y'all to know that is has been a week and one day since I ran into a scammer. Yes at first I was scared like we all were but I was able to confide this with a real close friend and she was able to calm me down. So like everyone else I blocker her skype account, went onto my facebook and made a status that if someone asks to be your friend or tries sharing something to ignore and block her. After that I deactivated my facebook, removed my google+, youtube (since I don't use it). A few friends said they got friend requests from her but did not accept and one friend also reported her. Like I said it has been one week and one day and there has been no contact with her, nothing online as I set up google alerts and my friends haven't said anything. My mind is at ease right now but will still wait before I get back on facebook. Just wanted to share this update because many of you are going through what I did and I want y'all to know things will be ok as long as you take the right actions and just talk it out with someone. All the best everyone and thanks for this site so we can share our stories.
mnboy0105
New survivor

Unread postby NewLight » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:11 am

mnboy,

the experience could be rather scary, but just take a deep breath and you will realise alot of the time they are all bark no bite. Follow all the steps that we have paved for you and you will feel much more secure moving forward.

Glad that its going well so far and you are able to relax mmore.
BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING PLEASE READ THIS IF YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED

viewtopi ... =4&t=13271
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580
http://www.scamsurvivors.com/bmform.htm
NewLight
Young Padawan

Unread postby igotscammeddutch » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:09 pm

Via this way, I want to thank everybody on scamsurvivors.com who helped me out after I was scammed on Skype.
I dodged the bullet and never heard of my scammer again.
Keep up the good work you are doing, so you can help other people just the way you helped me out during this troublesome period.

Thanks again!

I'm a survivor. Hallelujah! 8-)
igotscammeddutch
New survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Scammer 419 emails.