Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

recovery and reassurance

Post up any 419 emails you received. All persons/companies depicted in these emails are either fictitious or have had their identities copied/stolen by the scammers. Emails posted by staff are received unsolicited to their "catcher" accounts.

Re: Closure. When will this all end? NEW! Coping Strategies!

Unread postby h1960 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:39 am

Hi All

I just want to inform you that it has been 2 weeks now since I was scammed and blackmailed, so far nothing happened, thanks to God and thanks to the guys behind this site, I followed all the steps and I feel much better and safe day after day,,

I wish all new victims a quick recovery,, just follow the steps and have faith in God and in your selves and very important forgive your selves.

God Bless you all
h1960
New survivor

Unread postby coolbeans0001 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Hello brother you are not alone here! i have been scammed too last month june 26th 2013 and it has been almost 3 weeks .even though as promised sent them $200 demanding for more money after. but then i found this website and has followed all the recommended steps and signs then no signs of video appearing anywhere has set up google alerts and so on so i think this is the good sign for me as well and like you said day after day you get better even though i come to this website like almost on daily basis to post my thoughts. and i would love to be part of it and try to help out safe as many people as i can from being scammed.. and i think blackmailing scam is the worst that has ever happend but like anything happen for a reason so have faith in GOD and lets pray the video is gone forever! Take Care God Bless You All! :) :D
Last edited by SlapHappy on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote. No need to quote the post directly above, or entire post.
coolbeans0001
New survivor

Re: Welcome to the general scam section.

Unread postby CrimsonPuffy » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:23 pm

Thank you guys for making me feel better! It's now been 4 months since it all happen and I come to visit this website sometimes and it really make me feel better! I have been asking myself alot of questions since it happen, on how is my life, for what do we live, etc... But I'm trying to make erevything better. It's still hard I have to be honest! Even after all that time I have trouble not feeling guilty about it! And it brought me and dark places!

Am I a good person, am I doing the good thing in Life, Is life is worth living, WHo am I? etc all these questions.

It's hard but I'll probably will be able to go trought it! I've been feeling really good for the last 3 weeks but since 2 days I just went down! Its hard!

Thanks guys
CrimsonPuffy
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:46 pm

CrimsonPuffy,

glad our site was helpful. After being scammed, you will have good days and bad days. Analyzing yourself is a good sign that your recovery is working. No matter how much time it will take, you will made it. The scammers can fool us for a while, may obtain our money, but they can not destroy our spirit as long as we dont let them to do it.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby neveragainduped » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:00 pm

I'm not quite in the closure stage yet, I don't think I'll be ready to reach that point until my scammer leaves me alone (Unfortunately I can't block texts on my phone). I really don't know what I would have done without this site and all the advice and help here. Looking like a fool in front of people I know and care about has always been one of my biggest fears and this certainly plays to that fear. I've followed all of the advice here and I've warned my friends and family to delete anything they get from someone they don't know and I don't think the person will actually send it, but I've already prepared myself mentally in case they do.

For me the hardest part is the waiting, the constant fear. I jump whenever my phone rings and I almost threw up when I heard my mom tell me I should check Facebook, it turned out to be nothing but God did it scare me. How do you handle the time until when they finally leave you alone for good?
neveragainduped
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:07 pm

neveragainduped,

try to spend some time in the real life. Helps...
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:29 am

neveragainduped,

The phone messages will end soon, if they have not already. They are the last ditch effort and only way that the scammer can try to make you believe his lies and send money to him. They are just the copy/pasted rantings of someone pushing the same wrong pin# into an atm machine with a stolen credit card, and getting nothing back. Eventually he will figure out that the card or pin# is no good (you), usually after a few days or so and move on. They do not think of you as a real person, just an object they use to enrich themselves. And when the object is broken, they toss it out.

If you have no yet listened to podcast #11, this will help, too.
It contains an interview of one of the early blackmailed survivors that joined our site, and he tells his story and talks about his recovery. It is very, very good. :D
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1370&start=30#p26487
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8FkBcOV ... r_embedded
or
http://scamsurvivors.com/podcasts/ Scroll to #11.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Ruffled Feathers » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:58 am

Hi neveragainduped,

Know your feelings and understand them, some times all of us who have been scammed feel we can never recover and heal in a new healthy way, but we do...just always remember that.

Healing is process that takes time and sometimes alot of energy - emotional energy, but you will recover and be a much stronger person for what you have gone through.

Use that emotional energy to revive yourself and look into your life and make the changes that make YOU happy, not what others want from you, but what You want from YOU.

I wish you well on you on your quest, and I know from experience you will be fine once again as a person who went through hell, but came out on the other end helping yourself and hopefully others.

RF
A scammer is only as good as the fear he creates.
Ruffled Feathers
Senior survivor

Unread postby jayd » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:51 am

I've found something to do that might help us victims get over what happened.

You have a webcam. Make a short video. Record the wall for 12 seconds if you want because it doesn't matter. The point is to upload the video to Youtube, put your name in the title, and if you've done the Google alerts step, you'll know for sure whether or not you're alerted of any videos appearing on the internet. I received the email 11 hours after I uploaded it. I haven't tried other video hosting sites, but I'm sure it'd work! I trust Google alerts, but I figured this wouldn't hurt. It's just a way to reassure yourself that the worst, most likely, isn't happening and you can breathe that much easier.
jayd
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:30 am

Well, nothing bad to test. In a way of speaking, you are sure now we know what we are talking about...
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

PreviousNext

Return to Scammer 419 emails.