Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

NDDC NIGER DELTA DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION

Scam reports from the FraudWatchers forum.

NDDC NIGER DELTA DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION

Unread postby HillBilly » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:13 pm

11 November 2013, 10:00
MCEngineer
Timezone: GMT -5
Languages: English
Is this NDDC Email a scam?
Hello,

My boss asked me do some research into an email from a man by the name of "KALTUNG MOLJENGO" from the Niger Delta Development Commission. I researched this website and a few others for a while, and I think it is a scam, but I was hoping someone else might be able to help. The first email received was this:

"DEAR SIR,

CAN YOU PLEASE CONFIRM TO ME THAT YOUR COMPANY IS INTO THE PRODUCTION OF MEDICAL MOBILE UNITS? SOME BY NAME PETER HAS INTRODUCED YOUR COMPANY TO US.

I AWAIT YOUR SWIFT RESPONSE.
MR KALTUNG MOLJENGO. "
From the email: katungmoljengo@nddctb.org

We responded and he sent another email asking us about how far we have come on the proposal, contents of the email dont matter, but it did include this:

"YOURS FAITHFULLY
KALTUNG MOLJENGO
DIRECTOR PROCUREMENT
NIGER DELTA DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION.
+234-8116905842
katungmoljengo@nddctb.org at the end of the email.

After we updated him on our progress, he sent us another email. It included
"SECONDLY,DO YOU KNOW OR HAVE ANYBODY WHO CAN TAKE YOUR FILE AROUND WITHIN THE MINISTRY AND NECESSARY OFFICES.

IT IS AN OFFENSE THAT IS PRISON-ABLE IF I AM PRESIDING OVER GOVERNMENT PURCHASE AND AT THE SAME TIME CARRY YOUR FILE AROUND FROM OFFICES TO OFFICES.

IF YOU HAVE ANY ONE, INTRODUCE HIM OR HER TO ME.IF YOU DON'T KINDLY LET ME KNOW SO THAT I CAN SEE WHAT I CAN DO FROM HERE ON YOUR BEHALF." that.

We told him no and this is an email we received today:
"I HAVE SPOKEN TO GENTLE MAN STEVEN MORGAN AND HE IS WILLING TO ASSIST YOUR COMPANY DO ALL PRESENTATIONS. PLEASE NEGOTIATE WITH HIM WHAT HIS BENEFIT WILL BE IN THE END .

HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS --@gmail.com

YOURS FAITHFULLY
KALTUNG MOLJENGO
DIRECTOR PROCUREMENT
+234-8116905842
katungmoljengo@nddctb.org"

I removed the listed email, but it doesn't seem like a legit email from someone who would work with a government. At this point I'm pretty sure this is a scam, but I would like someone elses thoughts on this. Also, is "http://www.nddc.gov.ng/" the legitimate website of the NDDC?
We also think we're going to call the NDDC, and try and speak with Moljengo tomorrow, but we can't call him today. I'm pretty sure this email is just someone pretending to be him and they're trying to get fee's out of us for representation of our company, like I've seen with many other frauds like this.

Old 11 November 2013, 11:35
Dodobird
Support

YOURS FAITHFULLY
KALTUNG MOLJENGO
DIRECTOR PROCUREMENT
+234-8116905842
katungmoljengo@nddctb.org

You're right in doubting it. It's a very obvious scam. There is no website if we search for nddtctb.org, although the domain was registered;

http://whois.domaintools.com/nddctb.org
Domain ID:D169614523-LROR
Domain Name: NDDCTB.ORG
[COLOR="Blue"]Created On:07-Sep-2013[/COLOR] 04:22:11 UTC
Last Updated On:07-Nov-2013 03:45:13 UTC
Expiration Date:07-Sep-2014 04:22:11 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:The Registry at Info Avenue d/b/a Spirit Telecom (R111-LROR)
Registrant ID: DI_29619561
Registrant Name:Heather Williamson
Registrant Organization:N/A
Registrant Street1:280 West Renner Rd.
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Richardson
Registrant State/Province:Texas
Registrant Postal Code:75080
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone: +1.7403525647
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email: info@nddctb.org

The registration details are bogus of course and the domain was created simply to lend legitimacy to a common scam. Don't even think twice about this one. :)

mysteryquest
Support

Timezone: GMT-8
The scammers are using the domain for email only purposes.

Re: NDDC NIGER DELTA DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:41 am

MartinC

Timezone: GMT
Niger Delta Developement Comittee
I find it scam from very first email, but my interest is, how far will they go?
Last one received:

Sir,

This is to acknowledge the receipt of your tender from the Niger Delta Development Commission for the supply of 1,500 Units of Swings SUP3 And 1,500 Units of Playground Complex RRL1 to this ministry worth Five Million And Forty Seven Thousand Two Hundred And Fifty Eur.(Eur 5,047,250.00)Only.

Meanwhile, your tender documents has been forwarded to office of the chairman contract awarding committee board ( THE CAC BOARD) of this ministry for consideration and approval of the contract.

If any decision is taken you shall be informed directly by the CAC BOARD.

Thank you and best regards,

Dr. Mrs. Gracia Okonta / Secretary (Tender Board )

The Federal Ministry Of Niger Delta (FMND)
New Federal Secretariat Complex,
Shehu Shagari Way,
P.M.B. 3937, Central Area,
FCT Abuja,
E-mail: tenderboard@fmnd-nig.org

Unfortunately, they did miss the fact, that I did added ISO certification with expired date. I did not add certificate of company registration at all.
I am having kinda fun out of it, because I want to see, what will come out next.

And, when you are playing fool, and asking: isn't it a fraud, they are playing they role very good:

"Please do not forget to update me as soon as you receive any official acknowledgment letter from NDDC office so I can as well update my insider too, Secondly. I don't understand what you are talking about scam, it is true that there are some bad egg here in Nigeria tarnishing our image globally, but the Government are seriously doing some good work about it by apprehending these bad blood.

So, I will not tolerate anyone calling me names in that regards, if you don't believe or trust, maybe we can discontinue and I will look for another supplier as I still have the chance to look for else."

Old 26 July 2012, 04:34
poirot
Support

Thanks for posting their website.

http://fmnd-nig.org/ (FRAUD / FAKE Ministry) Dead
info@fmnd-nig.org
+234 805 472 1791 / 2348054721791

Domain Name: FMND-NIG.ORG Dead
Created On: 05-Jul-2012 12:18:43 UTC
Expiration Date: 05-Jul-2013 12:18:43 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar: OnlineNIC Inc. (R64-LROR)
Registrant ID: oln130430779
Registrant Name: We wot group
Registrant Organization: We wot group
Registrant Street1: 89 Nura Land
Registrant City: Abuja
Registrant State/Province: Abuja
Registrant Postal Code: 854874
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.5943778344
Registrant FAX: +1.5943778344
Registrant Email: livinst@triioid.com

19 August 2013, 12:26
Ms. Smith

Niger Development Scam, willing to go a long distance
I have received your mail.

I just discussed about this price and product to my key contact in the government. He is incidentally, the MD/CEO and also chairman of contract Tender board in the Niger delta development commission of Nigeria (NDDC).

For your information this is an agency of government of Nigeria created to cater for the developmental needs of 9 oil producing states of the country.

Unfortunately, this Niger delta region is considered as least developed in Nigeria.

This project is considered very important to the government because when completed, it will enhance development and employment in the area. For this reason, I was told that because it is an open bid to cover large states and communities of the NDDC, you are to prepare a Proforma invoice covering these quantities listed below:

K- SERIES METERS .............. 350 pieces

CONVERGENCE GAUGES ........ 400 pieces

The Proforma should be addressed to the Chairman of Contract Tender board, Niger Delta Development Commission, 167, Aba Road Port Harcourt River state.
Prepare the proforma invoice covering the total number of quantities, with total value. Sign and send the proforma invoice directly to the Tender Board on the above:

Email: tender.board@nddc-gov-ng.org

Please note, for the fact that I am involved, the chairman has promised that he will surely award the project to any company that I present to him in order for me to benefit from the award to your company. It might interest you to know, that I had the privilege of teaching the children of the incumbent Chairman of NDDC while I was still teaching. For this reason, also, I have no doubt that he will use his office to influence the award of this contract to your company.

If this contract is awarded to your company, I will be paid 2 % of any amount of goods supplied and paid for. He also told me that if the project is awarded to you he will ensure that you will receive 100% payment in advance by TT to your account. I will receive this 2% from you after you have received full payment. I will therefore advise you to increase the invoice with 2% as my commission will be taken directly from you after you have been paid.

Prepare the proforma invoice covering the total number, with total value. Sign and send the proforma invoice to show to him before it will be formally presented to the contract Award board.

On my own, I will ensure regular meeting with Chairman to make sure that the project is awarded to your company.

More so, Please price should be CIF to Apapa wharf-Lagos Nigeria .Let me know how long it will take you to complete shipment starting from the date you receive TT payment in your account.

Lastly, I have been asked by my key contact person to let you know that this transaction should involve the MD or the owner of the company because of the amount involve and also to ensure quick decision on any important issue.

I look forward to your quick response to this email.If you have any question to ask me email or call.

Yours faithfully,

Albert Izuchukwu
Tel.No: +2348140730715
Albert Izuchukwu' ctr.flcng@yahoo.com

Old 19 August 2013, 15:14

mysteryquest
Support

Timezone: GMT-8
It is a scam. Please read: http://www.westafrica-importexport-scam.tk The email address is fake. Read: http://forum.aa419.org/viewtopic.php?p=277229#277229
Created On: 16-Feb-2013 16:18:39 UTC
Last Updated On: 20-Aug-2013 20:41:37 UTC
Expiration Date: 16-Feb-2014 16:18:39 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar: PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com (R27-LROR)
Registrant ID: DI_26502347
Registrant Name: Khalid
Registrant Organization: Khalid
Registrant Street1: 45 Kings Av
Registrant City: Abuja
Registrant State/Province: Abuja Capital Tercltory
Registrant Postal Code: 2349
Registrant Country: NG
Registrant Phone: +2345245521
Registrant Email: alihussein@zing.vn
HillBilly
Supreme survivor