Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scam targeting Avon Representatives

Scam reports from the FraudWatchers forum.

Re: Scam targeting Avon Representatives

Unread postby HillBilly » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:32 am

anything_goes82

Watch out for this guy & others like him
Here is one I came across and sadly fell for as I am new to this whole Avon thing as well as the online store. I tried to return the money through Moneygram, who thankfully refused to process it knowing of the scams going on. After I realized this, I contacted my district manager and we are working to notify people. Thankfully they did not take my money and the cashier's check they sent I haven't touched at all since! I have informed my bank and possibly the FBI if it comes down to it. I hope it un-deposits. After a couple corresponding e-mails his "english" was horrendous!

---
I'm the manager of an independent model group from San Pablo,CA but we are coming to your City for a photo shoot and I would need you to get this items for me, I could have just ordered them directly from Avon website but my sponsor is paying for the items and he's a very busy person so I'm gonna need you to do this for me:

BATH & BODY:
ANEW CLINICAL Thermafirm Face Lifting Cream ...........(2) 048-971

SKIN SO SOFT Soft & Sensual Bath Oil......(3) 460-614

Foot Works Beautiful Lavender Comfort Foot Soak....(3)277-787

MAKE UP:

SuperSHOCK Max Waterproof Mascara ....................................(2) 368-708

mark On the Dot Smokey Eye Color Compact ................................(2) 188-008

Let me know the total cost of all the products I requested and necessary tax and also the name and address where you want the payment sent to. When I have the information I'll inform the sponsor to send you the payment which would be in form of Certified Check which you can cash instantly at your bank or cash point. Please get back to me as soon as possible so I can continue with the purchase, I'll be in your town soon to pick up the items in person but I want you to have the funds in advance and get the product ready, so send me the quotations and details needed such as: Name,address and your phone number to send your payment. Thank you and enjoy the rest of your day. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks and God bless.
daniel siler

SECOND E-MAIL AFTER SPEAKING MORE WITH PERSON I WAS UNAWARE WAS A SCAMMER:

Hello

I am emailing you to let you know that your payment has been sent out and would arrive via USPS courier service will arrive any moment from now, you could track the progress of the payment by using the tracking number 420 19149 9405 5126 9935 0019 0500 92 I also want you to know that the amount which was sent to you by the sponsor is more than the amount for the items because he mistakenly sent our traveling fees along with the money for the product, I would have wanted you to mail it back but it will cause a set back and I don't want that, so I'd like you to please go ahead and cash the check, when you do I want you to please send the remaining fund to my assistant, her detail is given below:

Name:Jennifer Preston
Address;200 station road
City:Oxford
State: GA
Zip code:30054

The amount on the check is $980 You may use out of the remaining fund as the sending charges and send the rest Via Money Gram, When the money is sent, I want you get to me with the Money Transfer Reference Number, sender's name and address and the exact amount sent.

I hope I can trust you with the rest of the funds for our flight ticket because people can be really funny nowadays.

----
Apparently he was the "funny" one. He tells me to cash the check. Little did he know, I had only placed in my bank, which hopefully means I will not have to pay from my own money (unless they charge a fee). I am not touching it. Bank said it can take up to a year to un-deposit, which to me is an insane amount of time. I meet with bank again next week. Pray for me, and I know I won't allow this to happen again.
I found this website helpful, saldly after the fact! Don't be like me, check it out now!

http://samanthaholloway.hubpages.com/hu ... email-scam
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby amethystfire4546 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:36 am

This scam is still happening...this is the email I received:

Hello,
Good to hear back from you. I'm the manager of Lynn Modeling
Incorporation. We will be coming down to your city 15th of next month
for a photo shot. I would need you to get the below listed avon
products for me.The quantity needed for each of the products is at the
front of the item number of each "product number"

MAKE UP
Avon Glow Bronzing Powder.......... Sunkissed Glow 155-800(QUANTITY.....1)

SKIN CARE
Clearskin® Professional Acne Treatment System Trial Kit....846-367
(QUANTITY....1)

BATH AND BODY
SKIN SO SOFT Soft & Sensual Bath Oil - New Formula.....460-614(QUANTITY..
..2)
NATURALS Cherry Blossom Candle.........477-085( QUANTITY....1)

HAIR TREATMENT
ADVANCE TECHNIQUES Daily Shine 2-in-1 Shampoo & Conditioner Bonus
Size....883-185(QUANTITY....1)
ADVANCE TECHNIQUES Damage Repair Conditioner...........195-188 (QUANTITY....1)

Kindly get back to me with the total cost with the "sale's tax"
inclusive that I will pay for the products. I will be in need of your
name that will be on the payment and mailing address that the payment
will be mailed to so I can instruct the sponsor to prepare your
payment and your cell # number so I can reach out to you if need arise.
Please get back to me as soon as possible so I can continue with the
order. I would instruct the project sponsor to send you the payment
in either money order or check that you can cash instantly at your
bank. We would be in your city soon for a photo shoot so our crew
would pick up the items themselves or meet you at a strategic point
depending on your choice and preference but I only want you to have
the funds in advance so you can get the ordered product ready and
secured. Please send the quotations and details name, address and your
phone number needed to send your payment asap.

Tunil Modeling Incorporation.
14140 BIRCH LN
CABLE, WI 54821

Fortunately I found this site before I ordered anything...This person first contacted me by text so I am taking my phone number off my Avon website. It may hurt my business but I am not going to be scammed!
amethystfire4546
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:30 am

amethystfire4546,

Can you post an email address of the scammer, and perhaps the email headers?

No need to take your phone number off of your website. Just check the numbers and block any persistent callers, and beware of scams. This is a fake check/overpayment scam. He will send a check for many times the amount owed, and ask you to wire the excess via WU and MG. You will be out the product, get stuck with the fake check, and also the money you sent to the scammer.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby HillBilly » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:47 am

amethystfire4546 ,

Maybe a good way to look at it is to pat yourself on the back for first checking into it like you did. learning to recognize what may or may not be a scam is the best education, and your gut apparently worked for you.

Hopefully you can get back and post the scammers details so others can be warned, too.
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Previous

Return to Scam archive.