Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scam targeting Avon Representatives

Scam reports from the FraudWatchers forum.

Re: Scam targeting Avon Representatives

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:53 pm

RiskReducer
Avon Order Scam?
I received the same email from Julie Slagle... once she started saying she was going to send me a large check and to cash it and send her back the money...I started to get sketched out and told her that I would be checking in with the police in regards to the check before I was able to cash it.

Now I have a cashier's check for $1950. Should I just shred it? Should I send it back to the address sent to me? I am not going to cash it, because I don't want to be conned out of any money.

Thoughts from those of you that have dealt with this before?

Thank you!!!

Once I realized this was a scam... I got this email from Julie Slagle.

Hey xx; PAYMENT IN-TRANSIT / READ INSTRUCTION / KINDLY GET BACK TO ME ASAP TODAY !!!
Inbox
x
Julie Slagle

5:57 AM (9 hours ago)

to me
Good Morning xx,

I need to inform you that the payment for the products would be delivered to you this morning via UPS courier service, please wait home to receive it, my sponsors gave me this tracking number from UPS J4529179922, so that you can also confirm it's delivery status, please proceed to the bank for the cash immediately.

Also, I will like to notify you that the sponsor was mistakenly added our travel expenses to the funds sent to you, all you have to do is just deduct the money for your Avon items from the fund and get the rest send to my PA via MONEY GRAM money transfer later today after you have cashed the check at your bank, as soon as you send the funds I would be able to provide you with our trip plan. Below is my PA name and address you would send the funds to:

Name: Sandra Cooper
Address: 101 Windsor Circle.
City: Patton
State: PA
Zipcode: 16668

N.B: TO AVOID ANY FURTHER DELAY ON THIS TRANSACTION, PLEASE DO NOT SEND BACK THE REST FUND INFORM OF A CASHIER CHECK OR MONEY ORDER AGAIN, USE MONEY GRAM TO TRANSFER THE REST FUND.

After the transfer get back to me with all the transfer details from MoneyGram, the details needed would be the Reference Number (Ref # Usually 8 Digits) also, I will need to know the total amount sent after deducting transfer charges, Note that the transfer charges should be deducted from the money you are sending to my PA and not from your avon money. The funds are needed urgently, so get this done and get back to me as soon as possible today. Also advice when my Avon would arrive if not arrived yet.

Thank you and God bless you...
Julie Slagle.

I kindly responded back and told her I wasn't continuing with the transaction and to think twice when deciding to con people out of money.

Grr... some people just get under my skin.
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:55 pm

Jacksonitathon

Avon Scam
I just received an email exactly like these! I was skeptical and googled the branch of elite model management and the first result was this link about the scam. The girl said her name was Sarah Deleon and her email is sarah9deleon@yahoo.ca. Here is the email...

"It's nice to hear from you, we are coming over to your area for a showbiz/photoshoot from the newly established Elite Model Management in South Portland, ME. We would have prefer to order online but for now all purchases from our organization are done with paper payment so I would need you to get the underlisted items for me:

NATURALS Vanilla Body Spray~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Product #: 144-018 x (1)
SKIN SO SOFT Bug Guard Plus Anti-Itch Spray~~~~Product #:529-481 x (1)
Candid Cologne Spray~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Product #: 851-248 x (2)
Free O2 Eau de Toilette Spray~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Product #: 329-360 x (2)
Avon Glow Shake & Go Bronzer~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Product #: 605-107 x (1)
ADV'CE TECH'QUES Cushion Brush~~~~~~~~~~~~~Product #: 875-750 x (2)
ADV'CE TECH'QUES Daily Shine Mirror Shine Spray~~~Product #: 883-204 x (1)

Kindly get back to me with the total cost and the sale tax I would have to pay for the listed items and also the name and address you want the payment sent to with your phone number to reach you in case of emergency. After you send me this information I would instruct my sponsors to send you the payment which would be in form of money orders or certified check which you can cash instantly at your bank. Please get back to me as soon as possible so I can continue with the purchase, We would be there soon so we would pick up the items in person but I want you to have the funds in advance so send me the quotations and details needed to send you payment.

Thank you and God bless,
Sarah DeLeon."
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:59 pm

nikki6freak
Originally Posted by Shamfien
This is a scam abusing stolen credit card information.
The scammer contacts Avon Reps (among other companies) and places a large order:

The scammer then pays with a stolen credit card.
The goods are shipped to a post office box (or similar) where the scammer instructs a shipping company (DHL,UPS etc) to pick up the goods and send to Nigeria

ive received 2 similar emails myself...i just recently started to sell avon because i have been dealing with cancer for a long time and cant physically work, thought it would be a good way to make some money and not have to worry about food and money problems so much...thought maybe my holiday season was looking up but ive learned from past mistakes(example...someone trying to send me certified checks worth thousands to be an online shopper and a con man telling me he would help my daughter with college)...a few of the dead giveaways were that they said they couldnt pay in cash and wanted me to cover it while they sent me a check or money orders! here are the emails that i received................

You have received a 'contact me' request, in your address book from the following Customer. Please review the message and notify the Customer as needed. If you've already viewed this message from your Address Book, you can disregard this message.

The following information was submitted:

alfred carey
alfredcarey@yahoo.ca

I want to order products

yourAVON.com................................................ ....

It's nice to hear from you, we are coming over to your area for a showbiz/photoshoot from the newly established Elite Model Management in South Portland, ME. We would have prefer to order online but for now all purchases from our organization are done with paper payment so I would need you to get the underlisted items for me:

BATH & BODY:
NATURALS Vanilla Body Spray~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Item#: 144-018 x (1)

SKIN CARE:
SKIN SO SOFT Bug Guard Plus Anti-Itch Spray~~~~Item#:529-481 x (1)

FRAGRANCE:
Candid Cologne Spray~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Item#: 851-248 x (1)
Free O2 Eau de Toilette Spray~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Item#: 329-360 x (1)

MAKE UP:
Avon Glow Bronzing Pearls~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Item#: 155-337 x (2)
Avon Glow Shake & Go Bronzer~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Item#: 605-107 x (1)

HAIR CARE:
ADV'CE TECH'QUES Cushion Brush~~~~~~~~~~~~~Item#: 875-750 x (2)
ADV'CE TECH'QUES Daily Shine Mirror Shine Spray~~~Item#: 883-204 x (1)
ADV'CE TECH'QUES Volume Root-Boosting Tonic~~~~Item#:121-880 x (1)

Kindly get back to me with the total cost and the sale tax I would have to pay for the listed items and also the name and address you want the payment sent to with your phone number to reach you in case of emergency. After you send me this information I would instruct my sponsors to send you the payment which would be in form of money orders or certified check which you can cash instantly at your bank. Please get back to me as soon as possible so I can continue with the purchase, We would be there soon so we would pick up the items in person but I want you to have the funds in advance so send me the quotations and details needed to send you payment.

Thank you and God bless,

i got smart and didnt give any personal info and decided to investigate....i hope this doesnt happen to other avon reps that might not know any better!!
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Ms. Bea

Avon Scam
Subject: Re: A Message From Your Avon Representative
To:

It's nice to hear from you, we are coming over to your area for a showbiz/photoshoot from the newly established Elite Model Management in South Portland, ME. We would have prefer to order online but for now all purchases from our organization are done with paper payment so I would need you to get the underlisted items for me:

BATH & BODY:
NATURALS Vanilla Body Spray~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Item#: 144-018 x (1)

SKIN CARE:
SKIN SO SOFT Bug Guard Plus Anti-Itch Spray~~~~Item#:529-481 x (1)

FRAGRANCE:
Candid Cologne Spray~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Item#: 851-248 x (1)
Free O2 Eau de Toilette Spray~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Item#: 329-360 x (1)

MAKE UP:
Avon Glow Bronzing Pearls~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Item#: 155-337 x (2)
Avon Glow Shake & Go Bronzer~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Item#: 605-107 x (1)

HAIR CARE:
ADV'CE TECH'QUES Cushion Brush~~~~~~~~~~~~~Item#: 875-750 x (2)
ADV'CE TECH'QUES Daily Shine Mirror Shine Spray~~~Item#: 883-204 x (1)
ADV'CE TECH'QUES Volume Root-Boosting Tonic~~~~Item#:121-880 x (1)

Thank you and God bless,
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:30 pm

FLRKSTR13
Avon Scam
I get about 2 of these a month. Here is the latest one.

Date: December 31, 2012, 4:40:28 AM CST
To:
Subject: Re: A Message From Your Avon Representative
Reply-To: Becky Richard <masoyi69@yahoo.com>

Hello ,

Good to hear from you.I am the manager of a young and fast-growing agency called Belen Pro model agency and we are coming over to your local area for a showbiz soon precisely second Saturday in February,2013 and I'd like you to get the under-listed items for me.We have prefer to order online but for now all purchases are done with paper payment since we have sponsors' company sponsoring us.

SKIN CARE:
Clearskin® Professional Acne Treatment System........Item#:618122 x (2)

FRAGRANCE:
OUTSPOKEN Intense by Fergie Eau de Parfum Spray.................Item#:776853 x (2)

MAKE UP:
ANEW CLINICAL Resurfacing Expert Smoothing Fluid................. Item#:415423 x (1)

HAIR CARE:
ADVANCE TECHNIQUES Large Barrel Brush.......Item#:875908 x (1)

Kindly get back to me with the total cost with the "sale's tax" inclusive that I will pay for the products.I will be in need of your name that will be on the payment and mailing address that the payment will be mailed to so I can instruct the company sponsor to prepare your payment(You should note that courier service doesn't mail to P.O.Box address.So preferably,I want contact mailing address) and your phone number so I can reach out to you if need arise.Please get back to me as soon as possible so I can continue with the order. I would instruct the project sponsor to send you the payment in either money order or check that you can cash instantly at your bank.We would be in your city soon for a photo shoot so our crew would pick up the items themselves or meet you at a strategic point depending on your choice and preference but I only want you to have the funds in advance so you can get the ordered product ready and secured. Please send the quotations and details:name,address and your phone number needed to send your payment as soon as possible.

Thank you and stay blessed.
Belen Pro model agency and Photo Studio
105 Green St Pl
Syracuse, NY 13203
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:33 pm

laflacabella
Avon scam

NATURALS Vanilla Body Spray~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Product #: 144-018 x (1)
SKIN SO SOFT Bug Guard Plus Anti-Itch Spray~~~~Product #:529-481 x (1)
Candid Cologne Spray~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Product #: 851-248 x (2)
Free O2 Eau de Toilette Spray~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Product #: 329-360 x (2)
Avon Glow Shake & Go Bronzer~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Product #: 605-107 x (1)
ADV'CE TECH'QUES Cushion Brush~~~~~~~~~~~~~Product #: 875-750 x (2)
ADV'CE TECH'QUES Daily Shine Mirror Shine Spray~~~Product #: 883-204 x (1)

Kindly get back to me with the total cost and the sale tax I would have to pay for the listed items and also the name and address you want the payment sent to with your phone number to reach you in case of emergency. After you send me this information I would instruct my sponsors to send you the payment which would be in form of money orders or certified check which you can cash instantly at your bank.

Please get back to me as soon as possible so I can continue with the purchase, We would be there soon so we would pick up the items in person but I want you to have the funds in advance so send me the quotations and details needed to send you payment.

Thank you and God bless,
Linda Todd
lindatodd751@yahoo.com
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:39 pm

AVON SCAM

Email scam from ClarisaWilliams421 Premium Modeling Inc.
I am a new Avon Rep. Received an online contact wanting to BUY PRODUCT from Clarisa Williams - clarisawillaims421@gmail.com - Response Message below:

On Mar 12, 2013, at 2:05 AM, clarissa Williams <clarisawilliams421@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,
Good to hear back from you. I'm the manager of *Premium Modeling Incorporation. We will be coming down to your city by 25th of this month *for a photo shot. I would need you to get the below listed avon products for me.The quantity needed for each of the products is at the front of the item number of each "product number" which is clearly
stated in front of the multiplication sign

MAKE UP
Avon Glow Bronzing Powder.......... Sunkissed Glow 155-800(QUANTITY.....1)
ExtraLasting Lipstick....Black Cherry 114-700(QUANTITY....1)

SKIN CARE
Solutions Plus+ Ageless Results Eye Cream.........281-221 (QUANTITY....1)
Clearskin® Professional Acne Treatment System Trial Kit....846-367
(QUANTITY....1)

BATH AND BODY
SKIN SO SOFT Soft & Sensual Bath Oil - New Formula.....460-614(QUANTITY....2)
NATURALS Cherry Blossom Candle.........477-085( QUANTITY....1)

HAIR TREATMENT
ADVANCE TECHNIQUES Daily Shine 2-in-1 Shampoo & Conditioner Bonus
Size....883-185(QUANTITY....1)
ADVANCE TECHNIQUES Damage Repair Conditioner...........195-188 (QUANTITY....1)

Kindly get back to me with the total cost with the "sale's tax" inclusive *that I will pay for the products. I will be in need of your name that will be on the payment and mailing address that the payment will be *mailed to so I can instruct the sponsor to prepare your payment and your phone number so I can reach out to you if need arise.
Please get back to me as soon as possible so I can continue with the order. I *would instruct the project sponsor to send you the payment in either money order or *check that you can cash instantly at your bank. We would be in your city soon for a photo shoot so our crew would pick up the items themselves or meet you at a strategic point depending on your choice and preference but I only want you to have the funds in advance *so you can get the ordered product ready and secured. Please send the quotations and details name, address and your phone number needed to send your payment asap.

Premium Modeling *Incorporation.
40157 HWY 74
Tucson, AZ 85748
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:41 pm

babybenzzzz

Exclamation Ariel Modeling Incorporation
Here is an email that I received today... I knew right off it was a scam, but I did research to to be sure (just in case it was real).

Hello,
Good to hear back from you. I'm the manager of Ariel Modeling Incorporation. We will be coming down to your city by 20th of this month for a photo shot. I would need you to get the below listed avon products for me.The quantity needed for each of the products is at the front of the item number of each "product number"

MAKE UP
ExtraLasting Lipstick....Black Cherry 114-700(QUANTITY....1)

SKIN CARE
Solutions Plus+ Ageless Results Eye Cream.........281-221 (QUANTITY....1)
Clearskin® Professional Acne Treatment System Trial Kit....846-367
(QUANTITY....1)

BATH AND BODY
NATURALS Cherry Blossom Candle.........477-085( QUANTITY....1)

HAIR TREATMENT
ADVANCE TECHNIQUES Damage Repair Conditioner...........195-188 (QUANTITY....1)

Kindly get back to me with the total cost with the "sale's tax" inclusive that I will pay for the products. I will be in need of your name that will be on the payment and mailing address that the payment will be mailed to so I can instruct the sponsor to prepare your payment and your phone number so I can reach out to you if need arise.
Please get back to me as soon as possible so I can continue with the order. I would instruct the project sponsor to send you the payment in either money order or check that you can cash instantly at your bank. We would be in your city soon for a photo shoot so our crew would pick up the items themselves or meet you at a strategic point depending on your choice and preference but I only want you to have the funds in advance so you can get the ordered product ready and secured. Please send the quotations and details name, address and your phone number needed to send your payment asap.

Ariel Modeling Incorporation.
40157 HWY 74
Tucson, AZ 85748
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Unregisterednumber

Thank goodness I found this page!
I received this e-mail today:

Otn May 12, 2013 1:41 AM, "Chelsie Uselman" <chelsieuselman1@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello ,

"Good to hear from you.I am the manager of a young and fast-growing agency called Carlson Sisters' Inc. and we are coming over to your local area in Texas from New york for a showbiz event soon precisely first Saturday in June,2013 and I'd like you to get the under-listed items for me.We have prefer to order online but for now all purchases are done with paper payment since we have sponsors' company sponsoring us.

SKIN CARE
Solutions Plus+Ageless Results Eye Cream...Item#:281-221(QUANTITY:1)
Clearskin®Professional Acne Treatment System Trial Kit....Item#:846-367(QUANTITY:1)

MAKE UP
Avon Glow Bronzing Powder.....Item#:Sunkissed Glow 155-800(QUANTITY:2)
ExtraLasting Lipstick....Item#:Black Cherry 114-700(QUANTITY:2)

BATH AND BODY
SKIN SO SOFT Soft & Sensual Bath Oil - New Formula...Item#:460-614(QUANTITY:2)
NATURALS Cherry Blossom Candle....Item#:477-085(QUANTITY:2)

HAIR CARE
ADVANCE TECHNIQUES Daily Shine 2-in-1 Shampoo & Conditioner Bonus Size...Item#:883-185(QUANTITY:2)

Kindly get back to me with the total cost with the "sale's tax" inclusive* that I will pay for the products.I will be in need of your name that will be on the payment and mailing address that the payment will be mailed to so I can instruct the company sponsor to prepare your payment(You should note that courier service doesn't mail to P.O.Box address.So preferably,I want contact mailing address) and your phone number so I can reach out to you if need arise.Please get back to me as soon as possible so I can continue with the order. I* would instruct the project sponsor to send you the payment in either money order or check that you can cash instantly at your bank.We would be in your city soon for a photo shoot so our crew would pick up the items themselves or meet you at a strategic point depending on your choice and preference but I only want you to have the funds in advance* so you can get the ordered product ready and secured. Please send the quotations and details:name,address and your phone number needed to send your payment as soon as possible".

Maria Carlson
Carlson Sisters' Inc
420 Atlantic Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11217
HillBilly
Supreme survivor

Unread postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:51 pm

Carla G

Avon Rep
I received this e-mail and had I not already know of these scams, I certainly would have had doubts about responding. The spelling and punctuation is terrible and her reason for not being able to talk to me on the phone is laughable. I notice that her modeling company name varies from some of the other posts here. Please be careful people. Don't let these people get the best of us.

Helena May 1

to me
Hello,

I am the manager of a young and fast-growing agency called Helen Pro model Agency (HPA) and we are coming over to your City for a showbiz photo scouting soon precisely last Saturday in May 2013 and I'd like you to get the under-listed items for me. We would prefer to have ordered online but for now all purchases must be done with paper payment(checks) since we have sponsors' company sponsoring us as such, they insist that all payment must pass through there table for approval.

SKIN CARE
Solutions Plus+ Ageless Results Eye Cream.........281-221(QUANTITY....1)

Clearskin® Professional Acne Treatment System Trial
Kit....846-367(QUANTITY....1)

MAKE UP

ExtraLasting Lipstick....Black Cherry 114-700(QUANTITY....2)

BATH AND BODY

NATURALS Cherry Blossom Candle.........477-085(QUANTITY....1)

HAIR CARE

ADVANCE TECHNIQUES Damage Repair Reconstructive
Mask...........195-245(QUANTITY....1)

The photo shoot will not be done in my area nor my area of work but we are coming to your area for the photo shoot being the choice of the sponsor. I can contact avon reps in my area because we might becoming from some where else for the photo shoot and it will be cumbersome coming with the order. It is pertinent to secure the products before our coming to ensure successful photo shoot.

Kindly get back to me with the total cost with the "sale's tax" inclusive that I will pay for the products so that i can forward it over to my sponsor for it to be issued upfront on time.

I'd like to give you a call but i just have my ears operated. My Doctor advised me to avoid the use of phone for sometime so you can reply on this mail and we talk better.

Helena Audrey
Phone number: (713) 496-0866
Information on phone number range +1 713496XXXX
Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location Houston, TX
Original network provider* Ionex Communications South, Inc. - Tx

Address: Helen Pro model agency and Photo Studio
3200 E Guasti Rd #100
Ontario, CA 91761.
HillBilly