Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Celebrate our first birthday by spreading the word.

The FAQs of life. Things your momma was too embarrassed to tell you about scammers.

Celebrate our first birthday by spreading the word.

Unread postby Wayne » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:06 am

On the 26th, we'll be celebrating our first birthday. Can you believe we've been around for a whole twelve months already? It seems like only yesterday I paid my $10 to register the site's name for its first year. In that time we've grown and grown. It's been a real rollercoaster ride, from the highs of working with several other sites to get the word out to the lows of the DDoS attack in August that shut us down for several days and forced us to switch to a DDoS protected server, we've kept on going and getting the word out. From those humble beginnings we've grown and improved our site to help those who have been scammed. Our numbers speak for themselves. Over 1100 members on our forum, almost 25,000 posts on our forum and over 150,000 people a month viewing our site. This past year has been about making a name for ourselves. It's been about letting people know we're here, letting them know they can come to us for help and support and letting them know we care. I'm incredibly proud of this site. I have to say from the bottom of my heart, thank you to everyone that has helped make this site what it is. The moderators, who give their time and effort freely to help others. The fake site killers who make it more difficult for the scammers. Those who post up all the scam emails they get in order to warn others. Those who come here to tell their stories in order to show others they're not alone. The websites who have linked to us. Thank you one and all. This past year has been about laying a foundation. From here on we can concentrate on growing and spreading the word even further. Join us by letting others know about this site and what we do. Tell your friends. Tell your relatives. Post about us on your Face Book page. Tweet about us. Let everyone know we're here to help and we're here to make the scammers' lives that much harder.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Re: Celebrate our first birthday by spreading the word.

Unread postby Ruffled Feathers » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:07 am

Happy Birthday - ScamSurvivors.com

I can't believe this first year has passed so quickly and it is my privilege to be a part of it and I just enjoy every moment I am online or in the chat room.

Wayne you are our inspiration, you are our leader, you are also the one that when we feel a little down and/or not feeling we are doing good stuff, you are our cheerleader and rebuild our egos. Victims come here, they recover and move onto their "new life" and it is only through your guidance that the rest of us can do this, knowing we did our job and got the victim back into the real world and their "new" real life.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart, for giving me the chance to be apart of this site.

I wish ScamSurvivors nothing but the best from now on, 10 years from now, when I am really old and grey, LOL, you will always be the success that you brought to this site.

Congratulations,
RF
A scammer is only as good as the fear he creates.
Ruffled Feathers
Senior survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:09 pm

Doesn't seem like a year yet. But I didn't join at the beginning. Slappy and Firefly (And others) dragged me here kicking and screaming. LOL.

Happy first Birthday SS!!! Many more on the way as I don't see the scammers going away very soon.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby Tomi » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:48 am

Happy 1st Birthday ScamSurvivors!!!

Yes, the numbers tell that SS has really grown since day one. And looking beyond these numbers are the numbers of peope helped, victims turned into survivors and getting their life back, potential victims warned and saved---it is a reason to celebrate.

Thank you Wayne for creating this wonderful and caring community. Congratulations to you, SH, FF, RF and the rest of the team for a job well done. With your commitment, efforts and countless hours spent---knowing that you have helped others---it's all worth it.

We may not totally eradicate scam and scammers and it is a long and continuous fight BUT each victim saved, each success story of survival, each wounded heart and soul healed and recovered, each life restored, each person informed, each scammer exposed, each potential victim warned and saved---is already a battle won.

Again, Happy Birthday SS and cheers to more years and continued growth. ;)
Tomi
Senior survivor

Unread postby duckhunter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:53 am

Never doubted for one moment we would meet this birthday with success and promises of many more ... now take a fifteen minute break and get back to work. :D
"It is good to see what is beautiful, but you must also observe the ugly things ... you must be awake to everything ... you must be exposed to things which you don't quite understand, for the more you ponder over these matters which may be difficult for you, the greater will be your capacity to live richly." Krishnamurti.
duckhunter
Insert funny custom rank here.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:59 pm

Happy Birthday, ScamSurvivors! :D

If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby firefly » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:04 pm

Happy 1st Birthday, SS community!

Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Important information.