Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Our recent downtime. Here's what happened.

The FAQs of life. Things your momma was too embarrassed to tell you about scammers.

Re: Our recent downtime. Here's what happened.

Unread postby Big Al » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:44 pm

I like the cups Wayne, pencil me in for at least one.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby Wayne » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:28 am

Another important thing. If you donate, please PM or email me to let me know. If the email address you use for PayPal is different to the one you joined the forum with, then I won't know who you are and won't be able to give you supporter status. Thanks all.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby Wayne » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:24 pm

I just want to say thank you to everyone who's donated so far. Your generosity will help keep this site up and running, helping others.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne

Unread postby Devil_woman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:43 pm

Love the mug, when you start shipping them do let me know.

Podcast 3 was amazing, the lad was crying inside! Jill really got through the facade and he FELT GUILT even if he could not confess!

Keep going.

DW
Devil_woman
Supreme survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:15 am

We've been experiencing downtime again today, but this seems to be coming from the host company itself, not our site as their own site is having the same problems. I can only apologize (and expect them to do the same) about this. It should all be back to normal soon. Please be patient until it is. The good news is, we're not being attacked this time. Someone in the host company probably forgot to put a coin in the electricity meter :D
Wayne

Unread postby Wayne » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:10 pm

We may experience some more downtime in the near future as our host does some upgrades to their system. Here's the email I received:

Dear Staminus Customer
During the past several weeks, we have experienced sporadic network events. Each of these events was related to a unique problem that was solved once the event was isolated. We’re happy to report that we believe these events have for the most part, been resolved.

Some of the issues were related to odd network problems such as routers crashing,. Some were related to very large DDoS attacks. The solution to the latter problem is a network upgrade. We have commissioned two providers to deliver 160 Gbps each to us in four cities: Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York, and Amsterdam. Combined with peering, we will have a total capacity of 380 Gbps. The first phase of this upgrade will be completed in about 10 days with the final phase being completed in about 2 months.

Staminus has been delivering reliable services for many years. We plan to continue this well into the future. We appreciate the trust you have put in us. We certainly do not take it lightly. The network upgrade we are planning shows our dedication to delivering next generation services.

Sincerely,
Matt Mahvi
Staminus Communications, Inc.
Wayne

Unread postby Wayne » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:35 pm

Here's advance warning of some possible downtime.

This is a planned maintenance notification. We apologize for the short notice.

START: Sunday, November 11
6 PM PDT
END: Sunday, November 11
12 AM MIDNIGHT PDT
Duration: 1 hour sporadic outage.

COMMENTS:
This maintenance is required to perform an infrastructure upgrade to support increased redundancy and capacity. The result will be an overall increase in stability of the network.
If you have any questions regarding this, please open up a help desk ticket at
http://clients.staminus.net

Thank you!
Wayne

Unread postby Wayne » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:13 am

More planned downtime.

Notification of Scheduled Maintenance

This is a planned maintenance notification. We apologize for the short notice.

START: Sunday, January 13
6 PM PST
END: Sunday, January 13
12 AM MIDNIGHT PST
Duration: 1 hour sporadic outage.

COMMENTS:
This maintenance is required to perform an infrastructure upgrade to support increased redundancy and capacity. The result will be an overall increase in stability of the network.
If you have any questions regarding this, please open up a help desk ticket at
http://clients.staminus.net

Thank you!
Wayne

Unread postby Wayne » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:28 pm

We've been having a few glitches the past 24 hours. It seems to be a problem with the host company as their site goes down as well. Hopefully they've put another pound in the electric meter now and we'll be good from here on in.
Wayne

Unread postby Wayne » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:12 am

Received this today, explaining the issues over the weekend:

Dear Staminus Clients,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the network impact that occurred this weekend, resulting in unexpected downtime of your services.

At Staminus Communications, we strive to ensure that our customers' needs are met, and to provide you with the best DDoS mitigation and Hosting services in the industry. Upon thorough review, we identified the network impact to be linked to a sustained 100 Gbps attack which was directed at one of our clients. Although this is no excuse for your service to be affected, we wish to show complete transparency regarding this issue and let you know that a solution is already in place.

The attack was effectively mitigated by our systems but sporadically impacted both Zayo and Inteliquent across their backbone, specifically over European peering, trans-Atlantic links, and northeast US peering. We are looking to other transit providers and additional settlement-free peering for capacity to offset the impact to these two providers.

We have taken steps to make sure that this network impact does not occur again by isolating the problem so that no client is affected by any other client's DDoS attacks. We have opened up our new POP in New York and have expedited our POPs in Amsterdam and Atlanta. These will add additional capacity to our global filtering backbone. This will also result in decreased latency times for our SecurePort Proxy and GRE customers located in Europe and the East Coast.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to voice them in your client panel's help desk and our staff will be there to assist you.

Sincerely,

Matt Mahvi
CEO
Wayne

PreviousNext

Return to Important information.