Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

British newspaper interview with Wayne.

The FAQs of life. Things your momma was too embarrassed to tell you about scammers.

British newspaper interview with Wayne.

Unread postby Wayne » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:03 pm

Online blackmail scam/sextortion: Thousands of British teenagers targeted by con artists
17 Aug 2013 01:31
They lure victims in to exposing themselves - often at times when they may have been drinking alcohol

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/on ... sh-2176956

Thousands of UK teens are being targeted with the same online blackmail scam/sextortion that drove tragic Daniel Perry to kill himself.

The man behind a website set up to help “survivors” of such scams says older men usually based in Morocco or the Philippines are posing online as young girls.

Wayne May, based near Swansea, set up Scam Survivors eight years ago and has been contacted by around 500 youngsters in the UK this year.

One ‘scammer’ can target up to 40 victims a day on different social media sites before asking to take the conversation on to Skype.

They then lure victims in to exposing themselves - often at times when they may have been drinking alcohol.

“We’ve had people who’ve wanted to take their own life,” Wayne explained.

“They come in saying ‘my life is ruined’. They’re convinced they’re going to lose everything. It has a huge impact on people.”

One victim has described how he was targeted three month ago on website Chat Roulette.

The 17-year-old student explained: “Then the image of her on my screen turned in to playback footage of me.

“She said she had recorded me and if I didn’t pay 250 dollars by 9.30am the next day she would put in on YouTube and send it to my Facebook friends.”

He added: “You live in fear and isolation for weeks, worrying people have seen it and checking online.”

Scam Survivors, which has moderators based in the US, Canada and Australia, has three tips if targeted.

End all conversation withe the scammer, set up a Google alert for any mention of your name and ‘out’ the scammer on online forums to prevent others falling prey.

Wayne May insists most scammers will not go through with it and post footage online for fear of being traced by the authorities.

For confidential support call the Samaritans in the UK on 08457 90 90 90, visit a local Samaritans branch or click here for details.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Return to Important information.