Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

caroline.tree1 in Skype

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Re: Skype Scam

Unread postby reallywentanddoneit » Thu May 23, 2013 8:26 pm

Colin90 wrote:
reallywentanddoneit wrote:What happen was there was the name.avi and then it had download beside it. I didnt download afriad that it might be a virus. then I right click the file name and clicked open in new window the window opened and it just showed a bunch of numbers and letters . Should i download it to see where it is ?

Where exactly did you get this message?

facebook when we were still communicating.
reallywentanddoneit
Junior survivor

Unread postby reallywentanddoneit » Thu May 23, 2013 8:28 pm

it was not a link like you see to go to youtube or some other website. it was just way to download the video.
reallywentanddoneit
Junior survivor

Unread postby Colin90 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:28 pm

reallywentanddoneit wrote:
Colin90 wrote:
reallywentanddoneit wrote:What happen was there was the name.avi and then it had download beside it. I didnt download afriad that it might be a virus. then I right click the file name and clicked open in new window the window opened and it just showed a bunch of numbers and letters . Should i download it to see where it is ?

Where exactly did you get this message?

face book when we were still communicating.

and you blocked them but you can still see it because the message has been saved? is it your name and then says .avi? I dont know if you should download it to be honest.
Colin90
Junior survivor

Unread postby reallywentanddoneit » Thu May 23, 2013 8:32 pm

Yeah I didnt delete the message. but I did block them and delete them.
reallywentanddoneit
Junior survivor

Unread postby Colin90 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:36 pm

Ok yes. I really do not think you should download it to be honest. I don't see what good can come from that.
Colin90
Junior survivor

Unread postby reallywentanddoneit » Thu May 23, 2013 9:26 pm

Yeah....I guess it was a way to scare me. I thought well if I download it. It could be a virus and mlacious malware and a way to hack your computer. I dont know. If anybody could give me a reply on what that might be like just a file to scare me and nothing to it or just a virus or if it really could take me to the website. To me it looks like a video you could just download to your computer. Not a link to go to a website.
reallywentanddoneit
Junior survivor

Unread postby firefly » Fri May 24, 2013 3:06 am

reallywentanddoneit,

the video was registered, for this reason .avi. That´s mean you saw your video just in chat. If you have done one search in Google with your name in (the Alert notify you about what´s posted just after you set it, not before) and nothing appear, you are safe. If the video is saved somewhere online, the scammer send you a link with the video, not one .avi. And being one Morocco scammer... they work using internet cafes or mobile phones. Because of that, they dont save chat-logs or videos and if they do it, they store the video online. In your case, it seem the video has had a short life...
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: caroline.tree1 in Skype

Unread postby reallywentanddoneit » Fri May 24, 2013 6:25 pm

Well they were from Russia. But every passing day I have been getting more calm and moving on. I thank you guys for all your help. I have done google alerts and some other things and i havent seen anything. So its time for me to move on and get on with my real life as you said my friend. Thank you for all your help ! :)
reallywentanddoneit
Junior survivor

Unread postby firefly » Fri May 24, 2013 6:31 pm

Well they were from Russia

Nope, the just claims to be from Russia. According to all details, the scammer is in Morocco.

Moving forward with your life is the best thing you can do.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby reallywentanddoneit » Fri May 24, 2013 6:35 pm

They wanted me to send the money to Russia. This is not the same person. I just happened to ask a question in here and we got off topic on another person. Sorry about that.
reallywentanddoneit
Junior survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com