Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Need advice please

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Need advice please

Unread postby BobBobertson429 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:04 am

Had a sextortion happen to me about two weeks ago. Paid out of ignorance, then blocked a few days later. Deactivated social media. Was told my uncle sent out a “is this you” phishing message to a bunch of people this evening. He was one of the ones listed of people the scammers would send the video to. Do you think this is probably the same scammers or unrelated? And if it’s the same ones, how to I go about avoiding them if they’re targeting my family now? Is there anymore step I can take to get rid of these guys?
BobBobertson429
New survivor

Re: Need advice please

Unread postby Wayne » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:14 am

Most likely unrelated. Just make sure no one clicks on the link as it's going to be a bad one either way. It'll either be a phishing link looking to steal their information or a virus link after your uncle's PC got infected.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby BobBobertson429 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:19 am

Thanks for the speedy response Wayne. What do scammers have to gain from getting Facebook login from people? Is there advice or warnings I should give my uncle since I’m guessing he’s already been infected?
BobBobertson429
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:38 am

With a FB login, the world's your oyster if you're a scammer. You can write to their entire contact list claiming to be that person and that they're in a situation where they need cash sent fast as just one example.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby BobBobertson429 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:48 am

Thanks again, Wayne. Y’all are so helpful. I hope and pray I don’t have a reason to post on here for awhile
BobBobertson429
New survivor

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com