Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

eleena.markon1 in Skype

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

eleena.markon1 in Skype

Unread postby DrakeIE » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:48 am

Well, it's not been my day.

It started on chatoullette, and I was lured onto skype, where I was filmed. The blackmailer then sent a video link to youtube and xvideo.com, where my video was posted. He wanted 500$ or he would send the link to my family/friends through facebook. I thought for a second about paying, but while he was waiting for me to pay, I did a google search and found this website (thankfully!). I broke of contact, and then I proceeded through all the steps that are available through this site.

She wanted me to send the money to Morocco.
Skype ID: eleena.markon1

That is all I know.

Anyways, nothing so far has happened and no one has received the video. I will let you know if anything happens. Thanks so much for all the work that has gone into this site. I found it a very helpful resource.
DrakeIE
New survivor

Re: Chatroullette SCAM

Unread postby Wayne » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:46 am

Here's the Skype avatar.

Only hit I can find on it is a FB page full of photos of "Les plus Belles femmes"
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby DrakeIE » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:40 am

Thanks to following the steps on this website, all the offending videos have been removed from YouTube and xvideo. I'm pretty sure no one has gotten the video. I'm pretty confident nothing else will come of it, except for a nice wake up to reality.
DrakeIE
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Wed May 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Feedback form #104

What name did the scammer use?: Yasin Lakrim
Scammer's email address if you have it.:
How old did the scammer say they were?:
Scammer's Skype name .: eleena markon
Address of the scammer's FaceBook, Google+ or other social media site page. .:
What site did you first meet the scammer on?: chatroulette
If they asked you to leave the site , where did they take you to?: skype
How much money did they demand?: 2000
Name you were told to send the money to. : yasin lakrim
What country/city were you told to send the money to?: morocco
If they gave you a phone number, please add it here.:
How were you to send the money ?: western union
Please upload a photo of the scammer if they sent you one.:
Are there any other details you wish to share? Anything you say may help prevent someone else from being scammed, no matter how trivial it may seem at the time.: I sent him 50 dollars after him threatening to post a video of me with my exposed penis on xvideos to facebook friends. He spoke really good english too.

Skype ID eleena.markon3

Video is a still from http:/ /www.you tube.com/watch?v=CMR5IbocKnQ - a trailer for a film called "The Hike".
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne

Unread postby nagola » Mon May 20, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi, I've recently had an experience with someone with the same Skype name. I was also able to remove the videos, but I'm still a bit naturally paranoid.

Did anything ever become of this? Are you still in the clear? Just wondering.

Thanks.
nagola
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Mon May 20, 2013 3:07 pm

nagola,

so long you read and applied all steps adviced in viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580 and if the scammer can not find you again, in few days he will move on to the next victim.

Do you have more details about the scammer? Can you post it, please? And info can save another potential victim.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby nagola » Mon May 20, 2013 10:41 pm

Firstly, let me thank you for subduing some of my guilt and treating innocent people who gave into temptations of one-night webcam flings the respect they deserve, no matter the perceived morality of their actions. I have kept myself from panic attacks by focusing on forgiveness and the fact that I AM the victim, not the criminal.

I followed the steps on the forum post you linked to the best of my ability. 30 minutes after the video was put on both Youtube and Xvideos, I had it removed using forms on both company's sites. In a panicked attempt to delay the scammer's actions, I probably had more contact with him then I should have, but all of this happened in one chat session that took about an hour. I changed a lot of my privacy settings and my Facebook is currently set for erasure, and the temptations of abusing social networks and the internet as a whole have led me into thinking about my philosophies on sexual/technological issues and caused me to strive to be a better person, although the wound is still to fresh for me to consider this "the best thing that ever happened to me."

That being said, this is what I know:

He wanted to pick up the money using a Western Union in Casablanca, Morocco. After Googling the fact that Western Union transactions numbers are 8 digits long, I spewed out a string of 8 digits just to get him off of my back for a bit, I also asked him for his name, falsely claiming that it was needed to complete the transaction. He gave me the name of Jaouade Ghiyate. He seemed angry that the website wasn't working with those numbers, and said he'd be back online in 3 hours once he could check with an actual Western Union branch. That was my last contact with him, and that was about 16 hours ago. I then contacted a special agent at the U.S. Embassy in Rabat, Morocco, using an emergency after-hours number. I also filed an FBI form I found on their site because my contact at the embassy loosely mentioned their involvement in some cases like these. I now recognize that my panic could have caused a bit of reporting-to-the-authorities-overkill, but I did not lie to any of these officials about anything, so I hope that's nothing against me.

I had a few questions sparked by my "fear of the unknown." If you would be kind enough to provide answers, I would greatly appreciate that.

I know you said that "most" scammers won't follow through with the Facebook portion of things, but does "most" have an approximate percentage? I'm not seeking to scare myself further or bring my self TOO much comfort with that information, but it would help my "fear of the unknown."

Since most of my friends seem to have their Facebook message settings set so that messages from strangers go to the oft-overlooked "Other" Folder, is that the folder that these theoretical messages would appear in? The vagueness and overlooked nature of those sorts of messages is encouraging, although I hope that the messages don't arrive in ANY folder!

When scammers get your friends list in these kinds of scams, is it usually permanently stored on their computers somewhere or would changing privacy setting about who can see my friends help my cause? Unless if the scammer grabbed and stored some sort of HTML, I find it hard to believe that a screen-capture of any sort would get him the links and the usernames he needs to wreak his havoc.

Since, luckily, there seems to be no way to send a mass message to 600-plus people who AREN'T your friends, do the scammers take the time to individually send links to EVERYONE on such a list? I hope my case is overlooked by the scammer since he isn't getting any money from me, but I hope my "fake" Western Union shpiel doesn't make me a target case because of his anger. Would he really spend that much time out of spite and no forecast of monetary gain? That doesn't seem logical, but, then again, I like to think that my mind is far from criminal.

Again, thanks for all the help. I hope this is resolved with my reputation in-tact, partially because I look forward to others noticing the positive lifestyle changes I'm now trying to implement in the face of severe distress.
nagola
New survivor

Unread postby nagola » Mon May 20, 2013 10:49 pm

Something else unusual that I noticed:

When giving name-examples and trying to prove to me that he had my friends list, he grouped the members of my family together at the top of the list, BUT people with my last name WHO I DON'T HAVE LISTED AS FAMILY were also on the list. Is this just the flawed formula of some Friends-list-archiving-program? I don't know if I should be encouraged or discouraged by this. It does take a bit of the "human element" out of it, for better or worse.

Hope this helps!
nagola
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Mon May 20, 2013 11:50 pm

They usually just do a quick copy and paste. This means they get friends and friend recommendations all in one.
Wayne

Unread postby nagola » Tue May 21, 2013 12:25 am

Thanks! Hope any of my questions weren't too complex. I tried not to ramble.
nagola
New survivor

Next

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com