Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

The Dump - "Whatif?" Questions Have Answers Here

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Re: The Dump - "Whatif?" Questions Have Answers Here

Unread postby iwillfightback » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:34 am

Okay
iwillfightback
New survivor

Am i in the clear ?

Unread postby sextortionvictim7 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:01 pm

I became victim of this sextortion video call scam on 2nd feb,i know i was dumb and idiot but at the end of the day i got a lifetime lesson to never show your junk on internet,especially to strangers.
Today its 26th feb, so far they neither contacted me back nor shared my video to anyone,infact they blocked me from their side,after i refused to pay them.
These 24 days were worst days of my life,almost thought of killing myself,but thanks to these amazing people in this subreddit who guided me and gave a lot of assurance,again thanks a lot.

Now my last question is that since it has been 24 days so far i have not heard anything from the scammer, when can i start considering myself as completely safe and should start using my Instagram again ?
sextortionvictim7
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:29 am

iwillfightback / sextortionvictim7,

Registering a second account for asking the exact same "last question" multiple times will not give you a different answer. It will only waste everyone else's time.

Please read viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19:

Multiple accounts are not allowed without permission of the forum staff.

these amazing people in this subreddit

This forum is not a SubReddit.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Am i safe now ?

Unread postby scamsurvivor77 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:37 am

I became victim of sextortion scam,the scammer recorded me,in that video i was doing inappropriate things showing my face as well.
Its been around 30 days / 1 month, so far this scam happened with me,till now the scammer neither contacted me back nor shared my video with anyone maybe because i refused to pay them.

Now i just want to ask that am i now safe and can i start using my Instagram & YouTube channel again because i am a content creator and keeping my account as deactivated will ruin my career,but at the same time i can't imagine my video being shared to my followers,please give your suggestions/advice
Thanks.
scamsurvivor77
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:38 pm

You made another 3rd account to ask the same question? Do you have ears?
Go see a psychiatrist, and stay out of here. We will not waste our time with you. All of your accounts are deactivated.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby raz0r » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:48 pm

Hi, I have a question but could not find where to ask. Hope this place is okay to ask.

I followed every step. Deactivated, deleted my all social media accounts. Changed my phone number. I think scammer have 0 chances to reach me out. After deleting social media, i lost contact with many of my friends where we don't see each other very often. Scammer threatened me with sharing the video with my friends. I know its very unlikely to share the video, but if he does, my friends won't be able to connect with me to warn me about this. Because i don't have their phone numbers and they don't have mine. How should i approach this situation? I already set couple google alerts. However i suspect scammer might share over Instagram DM.

Thanks for everything
raz0r
New survivor

Previous

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com