Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

The Dump - "Whatif?" Questions Have Answers Here

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Re: Skype Security Question

Unread postby BPGuy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:31 pm

That's what I thought it might be. I will do a factory reset. I assume that because my last backup was on 1/29 and the incident happened on 1/31 I can just use that backup to restore. I'll lose a lot of m recent text messages but it's a small price to pay for peace of mind.
BPGuy
New survivor

Re: The Dump - "Whatif?" Questions Have Answers Here

Unread postby BPGuy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:31 pm

I have a question. I read and did all the steps. I did use an alias phone number and only my first name which shouldn't have been able to been traced to any social media and deleted a any images I found online using google image search that may potentially identify me.

That, theoretically, should make it very difficult for the scammer to find me.

I did a factory reset on my iPhone since there was a concern that a RAT may have been installed.

I understand that most of the time the video isn't posted. However, if the scammer is completely blocked from contacting me and all my social media avenues are gone, how would I know if the video does get posted on YouTube and it's done with a private status that can only be accessed by a link? Will the Google alert pick that up if I gave them the alias name I was using as well as alerting me to anything posted with my real name?

It's been a day and a half and I haven't heard anything. I think I deleted my Skype account completely before blocking the scammer (although I think Microsoft doesn't delete it completely for 60 days), but I won't log back in and open it. Is there a difference to what the scammer sees on his end for a blocked user vs just an account deleted, and does it really matter if they are getting no response from me?
BPGuy
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:52 pm

You will not know if the video is in private link, but no matter, as video channels get deleted faster than 30 days, generally.
The fact is, they rarely actually send them. It's the scare of doing it that counts. Just a tactic to get more money.

Do not open skype. Abandon it. There is a difference in blocking and deleting. Blackmail scammers have many accounts, for just that purpose To contact people who block them, but not the next one they use. If you delete your account, they cannot contact you at all, as it does not exist. Yes, it does matter, delete it.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby BPGuy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:54 pm

Perfect, Skype was set to delete as of the night everything happened and I just permanently deleted my google number. I'm pretty sure I'm airtight at this point, unless the scammers really had a RAT on my phone and got my contacts - although I tend t think if that were the case and they were going to do anything I would have heard from t least one of them by now.
BPGuy
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:56 pm

That's right. It was only a very remote possibility at all, and you probably would have heard by now. They don't wait around to do anything.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby aztekmayainka » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:18 am

First sorry for my bad English I'm Turkish.

They just blackmailed me i paniced and send them 40 euros(a little for you myb :)).Then i found this website i try to deactivate facebook instagram tinder meetme linkedin i change my profile photos blocked them in whatsapp i talk my some close friends.

I guess i shouldn't ask you guys they connect me again.But i talked an IT expert he said he needs only their phone numbers then he access their computer and delete all files and also he says one scammer send someone videos to his daughter 8 years later.Can it be true ? Actually i dont believe him too much because he demands more money than scammer :) and also he said they will send my video to my facebook friends %100 at long term and also he said we need to be hurry because they can backup the files.Some words of this IT expert is make sense but some of them like a scammer i cant understand what should i do can i trust him?By the way he has an IT company and he knew every processes scammers done.
aztekmayainka
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:29 pm

IT expert he said he needs only their phone numbers then he access their computer and delete all files and also he says one scammer send someone videos to his daughter 8 years later
He is bullshitting you. It Never happens; The y do not hack your phone number. But you should change your number, especially if the scammer calls to threaten again.

he demands more money than scammer
Who are these guys? What website, company is this?

send my video to my facebook friends %100 at long term
What? Scammers rarely send to FB. And never long term, like "8 years" from now.

we need to be hurry
This is a A Scare tactic to force you to pay them. That's what scammer's do. It's unethical behavior to use those tactics to pressure you into buying their "services."

he has an IT company and he knew every processes scammers done.
It doesn't matter what IT company he says he is from. He knows nothing about how they work. Do not trust him.

Just do all of our steps for FREE, and you will have no problems.
Http://blackmailscams.com
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby aztekmayainka » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:24 am

Thank you for answer.One more question I have when I blackmailed i panicked and i deactivated my facebook immediately but ı didn't know the new feature of facebook.When ı deactivate my acc i click the deactivate for a while option when I choose this option the facebook deactivate 7 days that means my face acc will open in 2 days.Should I login and deactivate 2 months or something like this or ı dont login back my facebook.They didn't communicate with me at facebook and they are not on my facebook friendlist so they probably dont see my action.What do you suggest?I hope ı can explain the situation.
aztekmayainka
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:41 pm

No, keep Facebook off for the week and then deactivate it for a month. That should work out fine.
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby Planet355 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:50 am

Hello, I’m not sure if this specific scenario has been answered. But, if you were threatened with getting your video/photo on the Ellen’s fb and then said they were gonna spread it online. Do these scammers for this particular method of the scam ever post the video/photo anywhere else on the internet? Has this happened to anyone? Has anyone actually ever discovered their video/photo online?
Planet355
New survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com