Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammers using pictures of Lindsay Cohen.

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Scammers using pictures of Lindsay Cohen.

Unread postby Giggsy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:58 pm

Hey guys, I've just found myself in this same situation. I did something regrettable a couple of nights ago, thinking someone was someone else and found myself in the situation where they were asking me for 350 USD or they will send the recording of me to my fb friends, which he had linked to me, even mentioning my brothers names to try and scare me. I told them I couldn't afford that and they (obviously being on my fb) told me they knew what job I had. They eventually lowered to 200. Panicking I signed up for paypal and dished it out. He then asked for a further 50 which i eventually managed to make him drop. He then went on to say if i chargedback I was fucked. The next day paypal says the payment is under investigation as I need to give them more details (most likely due to being a new member). So he didn't actually get any money!!!! I then find myself with an email off him saying you charged back now you're fucked. and a contact request of them saying you tried to charge back! I haven't accepted this request or replied to his emal. I've also reported the video on the site he used. I have deactivated my facebook, but I'm still so worried he will send it out of spite to my friends somehow, and I'll have to go through that embarrassment as well as hurting/letting down people I am close too. He only mentioned my brothers names in the conversation, and I have told the full story to my one brother for his help as we have a close relationship. The whole situation has left me feeling so sick that I have hardly eaten anything the past 2 days and am sick when trying too. How long would you recommend leaving my facebook deactivated before this threat goes away? its been 24 hours since he sent me that email saying i'm "fucked". But i was thinking more like 2 weeks before i was to think about getting it back up. He also said he was part of an organisation, I don't know if this means he was working in a group or he was just trying to scare me further. I have details I can post of him on here, but I'm also worried he might somehow see this or something and post the video to get back at me! I can't believe I let myself get into this position.
Giggsy
New survivor

Re: Have been Blackmailed, what do I do?

Unread postby poorsadguy92 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:12 pm

ok. Just deactivate it and make a new fb acc. Dont continue using your previous one. Now, ignore all the contacts from them. If he only mention your brother, that means high possibly he only have your bro's contact. Stop communicate with them. As long as they cant find you, they cant threat u as well, so it will be meaningless for them to post the video.
poorsadguy92
Junior survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:32 pm

As long as you don't post your own details, then we really do encourage you to post up the scammer's as it saves others from being caught up in the scam. We don't need any of the conversation details, just things like the email address, FB page if they have one and so on. These could help someone else from going through what you are. I'd leave your account closed for a few weeks to be sure, and ignore any emails you get from them. Don't even open them. Put them right away in the bin.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby Giggsy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks for the advice, their email is mariobdomino@gmail.com and they were using the skype name maria.sky31. I don't have there facebook details unfortunately. Hopefully I can help someone else avoding this situation! And hopefully nothing else will come of it, been worried to death that this will turn my life upside down, really appreciate the help and advice the people on this site have given me! Can't thankyou enough
Giggsy
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:52 pm

I took a look at the Skype profile and it shows a photo of Lindsay Cohen. Is this who the scammer sent you photos of?

Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne

Unread postby Giggsy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Yeah that was the picture used as display pic. god I can't believe this has happened, seriously hope nothing else comes of it and they forget about me without trying to use the video
Giggsy
New survivor

Re: Scammers using pictures of Lindsay Cohen.

Unread postby Wayne » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:57 pm

As long as you completely block the scammer, the odds are that you'll be fine and they'll move on to pastures new.
Wayne

Unread postby jrb112476 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:43 pm

I feel your pain and worry. This happened a week ago today to me. If I were you, and this is what I did, I would message EVERYONE on your friends list and warn them to NOT open any email from an address they don't recognize and not to add anyone they don't know as a friend. You don't have to go into specifics. Just tell them your were hacked, blackmailed and they were threatening to send out false videos of you to everyone. After that, DELETE your facebook, don't just "deactivate" it. Don't leave any trace for this piece of scum. The scum will not post the video of you. It's a fear tactic. He hits you where it hurts through your family and friends and hopes you will cave.
jrb112476
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:52 am

Feedback form #1090

Scammer's Skype username . THE NAME WILL HAVE NO SPACES IN IT.: anna.bryce4
If they asked you to leave the site , where did they take you to?: amazin giftcard site
How much money did they demand?: 200
How were you to send the money ?: amazon giftcard
What steps, if any, have you already taken to block the scammer?: I blocked the person on skype and set my facebook account to private
Attachments
lindsay-cohen-nude-pics-15.jpg
Wayne

Re: anna.bryce4 on Skype

Unread postby firefly » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:03 pm

On Skype:

anna.bryce4 aka anna Bryce
Toronto, Cananda
Language: English
DOB: January 1 1990
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com