Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Possible sites

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Possible sites

Unread postby Anotherone » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:34 pm

Hi

Firstly I would like to say what a great site. Excellent work. I can keep on going. Thank you for insight into the world of Internet scams.

I was on Skype when I was told there is a video of me and that it would be posted if I do not pay up. My scammer has not sent links to me and we did not communicate via FB. Following the great advice I have blocked and deactivated accounts and deleted email account. As suggested I should keep checking in case the video is uploaded. I was wondering if there is a list of sites except for YouTube where the video maybe uploaded?

Again I would like to thank for the work done on this site and the encouraging words in posts.
Anotherone
New survivor

Re: Possible sites

Unread postby firefly » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:59 pm

Hello, Anotherone,

if you set the Google Alerts proper, that´s will help you to know if something will be posted after you set it.

To see if something is posted before to set the Alert, is enough to search your name in Google between " ". And, of course, your username in Skype, to see also if you use it somewhere else online with you real life details.

Can you post, please, all the details you have about the scammer?

- username in skype
- link to the fake profile used on Facebook / other sites by the scammer
- destination for the money request and the name of the receiver
- email address of the scammer or phone number - if...

Any detail may save someone else.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby Anotherone » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi Firefly,

My initial contact was on Ashley Madison site. The person asked if we could chat on Skype. I said I had a yahoo account. She contacted me on yahoo. We chatted for a bit, she kept on saying her connection was slow. She claimed she was having difficulty starting her cam. She suggested using Skype. I created a Skype account and we started chatting. her video was very blurry was hard to see her face. After a while she sent a message saying she has a video and she would upload if I did not pay $500. I explained I could not pay as I have a part time job and not many hours.

I did not give her my surname or phone number. As I mentioned I have deactivated my accounts. From your help topics the scammer uses the full name as tags or provide a link to the video. I'm worried she goes ahead and uploads the video just forvthe sake of it notbworrying if i find out thefore making it difficult and to find with google alerts. I have set up an alert with my username and my first name.

I was wondering if there is a list of sites frequently used So I can go there and search newly added videos. It may be useful to maintain a list of sites members have had videos uploaded to.
Anotherone
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Anotherone,

searching the username or the name "she" know you use, in Google search, show you if something is posted somewhere, you dont need to go and search site by site.

Set the Google Alert and Google will search for you.

The scammer dont post the video if is nothing to gain. The video is used as leverage to obtain your money. So long the scammer can not find you again is no use for him to post the video.

Details about the scammer are important. He play the same game with other victims. And those other victims can be saved if the details are posted. You can search in your history to find the link to the profile or in your Recent in Skype to find the username the scammer used there with you.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com