Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

The Dump - "Whatif?" Questions Have Answers Here

Scammers blackmailing people over webcam footage or photographs. Sometimes referred to as "sextortion". Your first port of call should be www.blackmailscams.com for the steps needed.

Re: The Dump - "Whatif?" Questions Have Answers Here

Unread postby nando » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:39 am

SlapHappy, I know what you mean. I had no facebook for 1 year once and I felt so free. But I have friends and colleagues to talk to for important business and facebook is sometimes necessary to keep connections. I just want you to answer this question - what does hacker know from reactivating account that he would not know using new account? In other words, if I reactivate old account and change details like you said, is there a chance scammer will come back?
nando
Junior survivor

Unread postby firefly » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:10 am

nando,

Asking the exact same question in different forms for many times will not give you a different answer. Some corrections here:

1. Hacker is one thing - scammer is another one. You were dealing with a scammer, and not with a hacker.

2. Facebook is a social platform - most of the usual business people are using LinkedIn to keep contact with business related people. And, of course, emails / phone numbers.

3. Last:

if I reactivate old account and change details like you said, is there a chance scammer will come back?

Yes, there is more than a chance. Because:

- if the scammer befriended one of your friends
- if the scammer tagged one of your pictures
- if the scammer joined a FB group you are in
- if he follows your profile or one of your friends profiles

+ few other similar "if"'s...

=> he will be able to see your profile again after you reactivate it.

You have this answer in various places on this forum. Maybe you missed that, so I made a short list for you above.

It is your decision to keep your old profile or follow the advice you asked for and create a new one. And of course, it is your problem to deal with the potential consequences while deciding to ignore what people told you here already.

Hope the answer is clear enough now for you and we will be not going back to the same question asked in a different form.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby nando » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:22 pm

Thanks Firefly, you are clearer with the answers. Ok, but what difference does it make if I befriend the same friends from a new account? If he follows one of my friend’s profiles or befriended one of my friends, if my friend adds my new profile, scammer will see my profile again? If he joins FB group I am in, scammer sees me but if I re-join group with another account, what difference does it make if reactivated account has new details? Can tagging photos happen without you being notified?
Don’t take me wrong, I will most likely create new account. Just want to play devil’s advocate and know potential problems associated with reactivation. And one more thing, what happened to people who reactivated account and got contacted from scammer? What consequences did they suffer? How long was the subsequent recovery process? 2 weeks?
nando
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:08 am

nando,

You already have the answers to your questions.
Continuously repeating the same question(s) again, or others already answered in the forum topics here can be considered abuse of the forum and will get you banned.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby nando » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:52 am

SlapHappy,

I have no interest in repeating questions, and frankly I do not want to upset you and get banned.

But tell me, how are my most recent questions repetition of the same question? Yes, you answered my main question, IS there more than a chance scammer comes back? YES!!! Because if the scammer befriended one of my friends, tagged one of my pictures, joined a FB group I am in, or followed my profile or my friends profiles, the scammer will be able to see my profile again after I reactivate it. -- that is an excellent answer! thank you! You said this answer is in various places in the forum, but I looked in this whole forum but haven't read anything close to this. If there is, I would be pleased to read that portion.

But what you didn't answer were two follow-up questions I asked:
1. WHY does a new fb account and not an old fb account with new details address issues like a scammer befriending my friend, joining a FB group, or following friends profiles BECAUSE scammer would still see a similar profile either way? You said email and phone number get compromised, but is that the only reason? (What your explanation is implying is that scammers compare your friends and what groups you joined to determine if it is the same person they scammed. But if my new profile adds the same friends and groups, what difference does it make? And you even told me they don't keep lists of friends.)

2. And IF it is possible to tag one of my pictures without being notified.

It would do service if you clarified those two points. Did you answer my initial question? Absolutely. All I want is further clarification.

And the other question I never asked before: What happens to people who reactivated account and got re-contacted from scammer? What consequences did they suffer? How long was the subsequent recovery process? -- this question is not a repetition of previous questions and I did not get an answer for it.

If asking too many questions is a problem, that is fine, just tell me. I thought this was a forum and asking questions is a good thing. But I want to be clear that my questions are not regurgitation of the same question in different forms.

nando
nando
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:04 am

You are all done here, nando.
Your account is being deactivated.

You may read the forum all you want to even without an activated membership, so no information on the forum will be hidden from you.
You will just not be allowed to post here anymore.

Perhaps you should have a friend or family member help you to fully understand what is posted here, as you seem completely unable to do it by yourself.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:54 am

nando,

So, you want to try and waste our time helping real victims of scams and interfering with the operation of an anti-scam website by posting a fake form?
Form received 2017-09-24 03:21:00

Note that we do have your real details, and we also have law enforcement contacts, so I suggest you move on and stay far away from our forum from now on. If you try any more bullshit here, the scammer may be the least of your worries.

Forum rules and frequently asked questions.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Any party deliberately trying to deceive us, or abusing our time and/or resources in any way give up any rights to anonymity. Under these circumstance you agree we may publish any and all details provided or discovered after research publicly.

Edit to add:

Posting a fake form using fake details for "victim" and/or "scammer" could result in an innocent party becoming involved in the poster's scam if those details used by the poster lead to someone's real details who are not in any way involved in the scam or posting the form here.

This kind of behavior will not be tolerated on our website, and could also result in the poster becoming involved in legal actions or other actions taken against them by the innocent person named and/or by this website.
Last edited by SlapHappy on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit to add additional warning.
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby mikemike1 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:00 am

I haven't been bk on this site on quite awhile probably like 9 months and when I first came here I was in a panick but I listened to everything these guys told me and guess what, nothing has come of it. No video no nothing. Just panic that Wayne and sh was right. It's all in my mind and I'm in control. I've bought 2 houses. I'm doing good in the real estate business and I never think of it. AT ALL.. like i said my curiosity got the best of me and I see that these son of a b1tch are still on their scams. Smh.. I also wanted to repost because I recall not reading many posts from people who fell in this messed up trap.. I'm one and I'm here to tell you all. EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND, YOU ARE IN CONTROL AND LISTEN TO THESE GUYS. WHAT EVER IS COMPRIMIZED GET RID OF.
mikemike1
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:09 pm

mikemike1,

I'm glad that your recovery is going so well and you are back to a successful life. :)
Scammers will scam until they die, and there will always be more to take the place of the dead ones.
So, don't give it a second thought. Your scam is long over, mikemike1. I wouldn't spend too much time reading the same old story here, but spend it on enjoying the life you have now.
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Unread postby tan9 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:36 am

I really need help!
Unfortunately I discovered this forum very very late. By this time I have already given money in 4 different installments to different people in Philippines– I don’t think it will ever stop. Each time was the last time – deleting videos, photos, facebook email etc.
I have not slept for 2 days – I have now followed all the steps in the site, but I fear it’s too late. They have given me 4 days’ time to arrange for more money. I don’t know what to do anymore.
I have deleted my Linkedin, FB, and twitter accounts and blocked their email id and phone numbers.
They have my number, and my email id. and are threatening to add my friends on FB with a fake account and post everything there.
I really hope they will move on, but for them, it doesn’t matter if they move on before after posting it.

I reported the FB account that they had created to threaten me but Facebook closed that ticket saying this profile does not violate their policies. Now they have temporarily deactivated the account so that I can’t keep reporting it. I’m in too deep and I need to get out.

Scammer email ID: annahoward.025@gmail.com

Please help me
tan9
New survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Blackmail/Sextortion - www.blackmailscams.com