Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Common theme

Benefit from our years of experience with scammers.

Common theme

Unread postby Voyager7 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:11 pm

The common theme that I see in all of these scams from what I've seen so far is greed on the part of the victim.

Sorry to say that but no matter what kind of scam it is - a Nigerian scam / financial scam or a romance based scam they always appeal to the greed of the victim.

Greed that if you pay now you'll get a big return later.

In the case of a romance scam the greed is that you'll get a model looking girlfriend or boyfriend (or wife or husband) later.

It all appeals to our desire to have something for nothing or something for very little, which we are normally not entitled to.

That's my take on it. And I'm not placing all the blame on the victim but they have to share some of the responsibility.
Voyager7
BANNED
BANNED

Re: Common theme

Unread postby Wayne » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:42 pm

So explain to me charity scams. Are people greedy for wanting to give to a good cause such as helping to repair the face of a noma sufferer? Here's a link to the Wikipedia aricle on noma so you know the kind of causes the scammers will hide behind. Be thankful it's just a drawing in the article. I saw the real faces of real sufferers that the scammer was using to try and scam $1000 off people. What about work from home scams? I guess they must be pretty bad people to want to earn a wage and no longer be dependent on Government handouts. Oh and puppy scams. Yes, those evil people who want a pet, sometimes rescued from abusive households. Oh wait, what about the hitman scams where the scammer tells a person that they've been paid to kill them and offer them the chance to buy their way out of being shot. Those greedy bastards, wanting to live! And talk about hypocracy on your part. I guess the "girl" you were in contact with made Quasimodo look handsome by comparison. What were you looking to do, give her a sympathy f*ck out of the goodness of your heart? The days of scams being purely about tapping into a person's greed are long gone, and your ill informed, insulting opinions are not welcome here. Your comment gets you banned here. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Return to Help and advice.