Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

We do NOT "scam the scammers".

For general scam based discussions.

Re: We do NOT "scam the scammers".

Unread postby very worried » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:21 am

Yeah your probably right-i think i'm still in some sort of shock-i'll back off that idea
very worried
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:21 am

Good option in this case.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby WhatAHeadache » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:31 pm

Are there any guidelines on how to begin baiting?

These people are intellectually handicapped and lack the critical thinking skills of an IT professional that actually knows how to use the tools to find their actual IP addresses, global locations based on IP addresses, jurisdictions, and more. Hell, I was able to determine that this twit was not even using a VPN or proxy for his activities...I mean, we're talking about people who could be so easily caught by their countries local law enforcement cyber-crime depts if the information captured from them was reported, and considering these are felony grade crimes, they would go away for a long time. And I'm sure the Cyber-crime dept of these countries would be thrilled if people could help them crack down on these cyber criminals.

Anyway, that's just a thought really, these people are idiots with the only card they have to play is "fear of exposure".
WhatAHeadache
Junior survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:27 pm

Reading your comments here and what you wrote in your form, you're far from ready to even think about baiting right now. I would take the time to first get over your scam and the issue you discussed, then learn as much as you can about how scammers work. Then and only then should you consider baiting.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby WhatAHeadache » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:32 pm

Wayne wrote:Reading your comments here and what you wrote in your form, you're far from ready to even think about baiting right now. I would take the time to first get over your scam and the issue you discussed, then learn as much as you can about how scammers work. Then and only then should you consider baiting.

Hey Wayne,

I don't disagree with you at all. I definitely am not ready to bait, after tall this headache happened yesterday. I'm a little bitter and annoyed with my wasted time, but I'm comfortable after reading all the threads and details that this will pass, so there is that. I definitely panicked last night and took "my route" until I found this website, which made the answer rather easy: BLOCK, IGNORE, RECORD, REPORT (to this site anonymously) MOVE ON.

However, I go back to my, I guess you could call it a curiosity. If people can capture this information and get enough detail that action could be taken against them in waves, legally, why not work toward that? Anyway, it's just a thought. I do understand the idea of "keeping them active" for the purpose of tracking and safety of others, but trending action only starts when action is taken with the right resources.

Anyway, I really appreciate the input, Wayne. I'm going to take a few days to forget this mess and treat is as a new beginning. This is actually a life changing experience.
WhatAHeadache
Junior survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:11 pm

If people can capture this information and get enough detail that action could be taken against them in waves, legally, why not work toward that?

Who says we're not already, but not exactly shouting it from the rooftops ;)
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:34 pm

I'll add this. If you are thinking that you can bait blackmail scammers, forget that idea. They are unbaitable, or we would be doing it. There is no way to mess with them without hurting victims in the process. Victims are the #1 priority, and extreme care must be taken to ensure that any actions that you take against the scammer do not impact them negatively at all, in the present and with future victims. Learning how to do this takes time, a lot of time. It's equivalent to a fulltime job or fulltime college, and the reading and learning never stops. Plus these guys are criminals, with contacts around the world. Any mistake you make could endanger you or your friends or family.
Getting over your scam and any personal problems that may have contributed to you being scammed should be your first priority. Real life is more important, and baiting by ex-victims is highly discouraged here.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Previous

Return to General scam discussions.