Site logo

Advert.
Switch to full style
Report any emails with fake links attempting to steal your ID, and any fake sites used by scammers.
Post a reply

ccokoji@gmail.com

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:34 pm

Before talking about the fake sites, let's take a look at the person behind this:

Chibueze Okoji Chukwu is a Nigerian who's details was reported for the first time back in 2006, being associated with two fake sites pretending to be banks; alliedbondbk.com impersonating Allied And Bond Bank and fangod.net impersonating First Atlantic Merchant Bank Ghana. Since then, other a 100 domain names were or are associated with his details. Not all the sites associated with his identity are fake, some are built for real businesses in Nigeria, though the ones created, maintained and used for fraud are the majority. These are mostly impersonating banks, couriers and official institutions.

Email addresses used for registering the fake sites:

- ccokoji@gmail.com
- eworldpal@yahoo.com
- obichiadiele@yahoo.com
- obinna122@yahoo.com
- drgeorge891@gmail.com
- mercyfuller@yahoo.com
- daviesmattew@gmail.com
- lloydsim1@gmail.com
- dotunmanuell@yahoo.com

Some of his pictures:

ccokoji.jpg

ccokoji1.jpg

Fake sites impersonating BBVA Compass Bank

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:42 pm

Split from viewtopic.php?f=6&t=57318, where the fake site used in scam is reported.

bbvacompassbnk.com

The fake site pretends to be BBVA Compass Bank - the domain is used only for the email address. The domain name was created in May, less than a month before being used in the scam attempt mentioned.

For the fake site details: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=131875

There was also bbvacompassbk.com, use also only for the email address while pretending the be the same BBVA Compass Bank. After being reported, the domain name is now suspended.

For the fake site details: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=131878

There it was also a bbvacompassbk.info, created in November 2017, now suspended as well.

Fake sites impersonating ABSA

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:54 pm

absaonline-sa.com pretends to be ABSA Bank Online. The domain name is used only for the email address. The real bank with that name is active in South Africa since 1991. The fake one was created in 2015 from Nigeria.

For the fake site details: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=131876

From the fake site details:

Registrant Name: OB Ele
Registrant Organization: None
Registrant Street: 36 ekenna
Registrant City: Lagos
Registrant State/Province: Lagos
Registrant Postal Code: 1230000
Registrant Country: NG
Registrant Phone: +234.8069091558
Registrant Fax: +234.8069091558
Registrant Email: obichiadiele@yahoo.com

There is also absaprivatebank.com, impersonating the same South African bank. This is the type of scam message sent from that domain name in 2016:

Reply-To: johnshao377@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 10:01:15
Subject: I am not a greedy person

I decided to write you this proposal in good faith, believing that you will not betray me.

I have been in search of someone with the same last name of our late customer and close friend of mine (Mr. Richard), hence i

contacted you because both of you bear the same surname and coincidentally from the same country, and i was pushed to contact

you and see how best we can assist each other. Meanwhile I am Mr. John Shao, a reputable banker here in United Kingdom .

On the 15 march 2007, the young millionaire (Mr. Richard),a citizen of your country and crude oil dealer made a fixed deposit

with my bank, valued at US$6,500,000.00 (six million, five hundred thousand US dollars) and the mature date for this deposit

contract was on 30th of November, 2014. But sadly he was among the death victims in the 12 May 2008, earthquake disaster in

china that killed over 65,000 people. Because he with me in china on a business trip and that was how he meet his end.

My bank management is yet to know about his death, but I knew about it because i went china with him and i have his death

certificate as his account relationship officer, and he did not mention any Next of Kin / heir when the account was opened,

because he was not married and no children.

Last week my bank management requested that Mr. Richard should give instructions on what to do about his funds, if to renew

the contract or not.

I know this will happen and that is why i have been looking for a means to handle the situation, because if my bank directors

happens to know that he is dead and do not have any heir, they will take the funds for their personal use, so i don't want

such to happen. That is why i am seeking your co-operation to present you as the Next of Kin / heir to the account, since you

bear same last name with the deceased customer.

There is no risk involved; the transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any

breach of law. It is better that we claim the money, than allowing the bank directors to take it, they are rich already. I am

not a greedy person, so i am suggesting we share the funds in this ratio, 50/50%, i.e. Equal.

Let me know your mind on this by sending me your full name, occupation, date of birth, your direct telephone number and

please do treat this information highly confidential.

I wait for your positive response.

With Regards
Mr John Shao

For the fake site details: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=127286.

africardfin.com

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:10 pm

The fake site claims to be Africards Finance Company.

From the fake site:

When you deal with Africards Finance Company - The World Global Bank, you deal with an SRO licensed company and for sure you know that you will get approved and fully qualified advice from our reputable company. We are licensed financial advisors based in The United Kingdom. We hold the SRO license so you can be assured that you will receive independent financial advice.

Contact details:

29 Rue des banques, Côte d'Ivoire, Avenue Anoma, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Phone: Telephone: +22521003564 AND +22586644559
Fax: +2252001101107

Email: info@africardfin.com

The "licensed financial advisors based in The United Kingdom" with an Ivory Coast location are in fact operating from Nigeria.

For the fake site details: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=127287.

Domain Name: africardfin.com
Updated Date: 2017-08-19
Creation Date: 2017-08-19
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-08-19
Registrar: Onlinenic Inc

Domain Status: ok
Registry Registrant ID: Not Available From Registry
Registrant Name: Roy Chika
Registrant Organization: Roy Chika Investment
Registrant Street: 12 Yahaba Street
Registrant City: Ikeja
Registrant Postal Code: 234 000
Registrant Phone: +234.08023600000
Registrant Email: eworldpal@yahoo.com

This is what the fake site looks like:

afc.JPG

alsalambahraiin.com

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:33 pm

The fake site claims to be Al Salam Bank.

From the fake site:

When you deal with Al Salam Bank, you deal with an SRO licensed company and for sure you know that you will get approved and fully qualified advice from our reputable company. We are licensed financial advisors based in The United Kingdom. We hold the SRO license so you can be assured that you will receive independent financial advice.

Contact details:

Building 828, Road 1213 Block 712, Salmabad
Kingdom of Bahrain

The real bank with that name is active since 2006 in Bahrain. The fake one was created less than a week ago.

For the fake site details: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=131935

alsalam.JPG

barclaysb.com

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:37 pm

The fake site claims to be Barclays Bank. The domain name is used only for the email address.

The real Barclays was founded 327 years ago in London, UK. The fake one is active online since February.

For the fake site details: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=131877

billgatesfoundationgrants.com

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:41 pm

The fake site pretends to be Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, also known as the Gates Foundation, active in USA since 2000.

The fake site was created in March. The domain name is used only for the email address. In this case, USA is in Nigeria...

For the fake site details: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=131879

Domain Name: billgatesfoundationgrants.com
Updated Date: 2018-03-05
Creation Date: 2018-03-05
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-03-05

Registrant Name: Roy Chika
Registrant Organization: Roy Chika Investment
Registrant Street: 12 Yahaba Street
Registrant City: Ikeja
Registrant Postal Code: 234000
Registrant Phone: +234.8023600000
Registrant Email: eworldpal@yahoo.com

bnicobk.com

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:45 pm

The fake site claims to be BNI Bank (Bank Negara Indonesia). The real bank with that name is active in Indonesia since 1946. The fake one was created in February.

Contact details on the fake site:

Head office BNI building.jl jenderal sudirman kav 1. Jakarta 1002
P.O Box 2899 Jakarta 10220
Phone: +6285694357483
Email: info@bnicobk.com

For the fake site details: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=131880

bni.JPG

cibmb.com

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:49 pm

The fake site claims to be CIBM Bank. The real bank with that name is active in Malaysia since 2006. The fake one was created in February.

From the fake site:

When you deal with CIBM BANK - The World Global Bank, you deal with an SRO licensed company and for sure you know that you will get approved and fully qualified advice from our reputable company. We are licensed financial advisors based in The United Kingdom. We hold the SRO license so you can be assured that you will receive independent financial advice.

Contact details:

Head office CIBM building.jl jenderal sudirman kav 1. Jakarta 1002
P.O Box 2899 Jakarta 10220
Phone: +6285694357483
Email: info@CIBMcobk.com

For the fake site details: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=131881

cimb.JPG

dpdexpresscourier.com

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:59 pm

The fake site claims to be DPD Express Courier.

From the fake site:

The DPD Express Courier was established by the Transfer of Functions (Isle of Man Financial Services Authority) Order 1985, which was approved by Tynwald in March 1980, with the main provisions of the order coming into force on 1 November 1985. As well as establishing the Authority, the order transfers the functions of the Financial Supervision Commission and the Insurance and Pensions Authority to the Authority.

Contact details:

Muhittin Üstündag Sok. No:45. Kosuyolu Istanbul. Turkey
Main Office
Finch Hill House Bucks Road, Douglas, Isle of Man. United Kingdom Great Britain
Tel:+ +44-770-001-2411
Email: info@dpdexpresscourier.com
Email:courier@dpdexpresscourier.com

+447700012411
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination United Kingdom
Original network provider* Cloud9 Mobile Communications Ltd

Isle of Man seems to be in Turkey and both are in Nigeria... "March 1980" happened in April this year...

For the fake site details: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=131882

Domain Name: dpdexpresscourier.com
Updated Date: 2018-04-17
Creation Date: 2018-04-17
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-04-17

Registrant Name: Dr. Geo Mark
Registrant Organization: None
Registrant Street: 23 AllOne Road