Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Venmo Scam

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Venmo Scam

Unread postby ssaglio123 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:15 pm

Hello everyone,
Before I start,I just want to say that I feel so tupid to have fallen for this scam.
Anyways,I was searching FB Marketplace for a switch console,and came across this listing for $250.I click on the Buy Now on Marketplace,and quickly message the seller,wanting to know when the console would get to me.He teels me he will sell to me for $230 on Venmo.I kid you not,this scumbag said he does not sell directly through FB,but takes Venmo,assuring me I will get my switch.Fast forward to 2 days later when I Message him on Messenger and he tells me if he does not ship it out today,then he would do it the following week.B.S on having church camp. Anyways,I wait because this guy ghosts me the entire week,and I write back to him,and then he blocks me on FB and never sends me my order.I paid the money and I create an alt account on FB to see what is up.He first claims he misspelled his name on Venmo,when I clearly screen a pic of his Venmo account and he says that is him.He then claims to never have gotten the money,but the money transfer went through,so i knew he had BS on him. I try to get him to give me his number for Venmo and this shtface toys with me.I then procedd to create another FB account because the alt account got blocked.These scammers know how to get you to believe that they are not lying to you,but have the screenshots of every conversation I had with this scumbag.
ssaglio123
New survivor

Re: Venmo Scam

Unread postby Big Al » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:44 pm

Moved to correct forum.

Can you post more information concerning the scammer?

A link to their FB and Venmo accounts would be helpful.
Names used?
Any messages they sent to you?

Thanks,
Big Al
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?