Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Potential Scam?

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Potential Scam?

Unread postby bluenami » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Matched up with someone on Tinder a few days ago with a generic name of Karen. I was pretty apprehensive about her as she was too pretty to be on Tinder but chatted with her anyway. We got to talking about sex then moved to do a voice call over Viber to talk about our experiences. Things got heated and it eventually got to phone sex (not full-on but just enough to arouse both of us). In the middle of the "conversation", her line got cut off. I was unable to call her again after that.

Next day, I matched with someone on Tinder again and similar to Karen, she looked too pretty to be in Tinder so I was also apprehensive. We moved our discussion to Snapchat (a platform I'm not too familiar with) and started exchanging selfies (nothing sexual). She started asking for my IG which I initially didn't give but I eventually did give my surname. This was after checking some posts on Reddit that snapchat snap selfies likely guarantees her being real plus her account having over 17K snaps already. She also showed me a screenshot of her FB account for added trust. Despite sending my nickname and last name, she wasn't able to add me on IG (something about her IG not working) so she asked for my FB. Thankfully I always have my FB deactivated (productivity thing) so she wasn't able to find me there as well. A few moments later, she unfriended me and that was it,

After some thorough search as I got paranoid afterwards, I saw her name and some stories of her in this site.

I never sent anything remotely sexual to the 2nd girl but she basically has my name. For the 1st one, my fear is that she may have recorded our call but I don't think it can be tied to me at all (I have a deep voice and never mentioned any name during the whole thing). The first one has also never contacted me in any way after our last conversation. My question is, do I have anything to be worried about? For precaution, all my social media accounts are already deactivated.
bluenami
New survivor

Re: Potential Scam?

Unread postby Wayne » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:11 pm

There's no real way to be 100% sure one way or the other. You did the right thing by deactivating your accounts. Try putting any images you have into either a Google image search or Tineye to see if you get any hits. The most likely scenario from what you've said is what happens in https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=27612
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby bluenami » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:05 am

I've read through the link you gave and thankfully I never really gave the 1st girl any type of nude pictures nor did I mention any more personal details beyond my nickname (very common) and school. Most of the scams seem to happen in the US where I'm not from. I also used tineye to check her pictures and so far no hits came up.

Checked through my messages w/ Karen and never did I mention of doing anything specifically to her as well, just me answering on a straightforward manner how my sexual experiences have been so far. Right now, I've deleted all my messages (both her copy and mine) on the app we used.

My only real worry right now is that would these 2 people be accomplices somehow? Since I shared my last name to the 2nd scammer I matched with, I'm afraid he/she might actually share this to other scammers he/she knows, one of them being the Karen I had a sexual phonecall with.

Of course, there might be a chance that Karen isn't really a scammer as she never really made any effort of trying to get personal information from me nor even contacted me after our phone call.
bluenami
New survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:41 pm

In the future, just don’t get yourself in a compromising position again. Don’t do anything you don’t want your little sister or grandmother to see.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby bluenami » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:30 am

Someone actually did contact me though through sms asking me to email them as they important info about me. It's prolly a recording of the phone conversation I had with the 1st girl. Nothing too damaging I think as I'm barely trackable with the phone conversation alone. Have not responded to the SMS at all, blocked the #, and already did change numbers. I guess I'm gonna have to keep all my social media accounts deactivated for much longer.

Will file a case on the site.
bluenami
New survivor

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?