Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

I think this is a scam

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

I think this is a scam

Unread postby DDdude123 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:27 pm

So I meet a guy on POF, his profile said he was 26 year old. I got an email saying we were a match, so I sent him a message saying " hello how are" We messaged back and forth for a few hours and eventually exchanged cell numbers. After a few hours I got a text from him with his profile pic from POF attached. He said his name was Preston Taylor and he is 15 years old and lives in Bangor Maine with his parents. ( I am from Maine as well) The first red flag besides his age was his phone number 1-843-453-5919 (South Carolina) He texted me again and asked if I was his type and I responded yes but you are way to young for me. He then asked my age (this info was already on my profile on POF) He then asked about my kids. (again this info was on POF) I should have stopped right there and blocked but stupid me thought he was lonely and needed a friend. He asked for a pic. I sent a selfie nothing inappropriate. We talked back and forth for a day just general stuff like how are you? whats for dinner? stuff like that. The next day he asked me what I was making for dinner I said Pizza and then he sends me a pic of his d*ck. ( just d*ck no body) I did not respond and deleted the pic. I did not here anything from him again until the next night, I got a text from his "father" using the same number saying that I needed to call him and explain to him and his wife what was going on with his 15 year old son. This message was in all caps and he said I have a very short time to respond or he would go to the police. He then called my phone and a man with a deep southern accident was yelling at saying his kid was 15, what is going on and he said tell me why I should not go to the police. I kept telling him that nothing was going on he just kept talking over me telling me that he was going to the police and his wife is going to CPS to have my kids taken away. I hung up on him, he kept texting saying I need to call him back or he would call me from the police station. He called 4 more times and kept saying tell me why I should not go to the cops and he was going to call me from the police station. I finally blocked the number and have not heard from him or the police since Thursday night. I am really freaking out about this, plese tell me its a scam.
DDdude123

Re: I think this is a scam

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:35 pm

ScamSurvivors has very clear rules on your situation:

Online blackmail. Read this first.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=580

Firstly a warning. If the person told you they were underage before the blackmail incident occurred and you continued to talk to them, we CAN NOT and WILL NOT help you. We will not assist people in anything illegal. If we discover that the person told you they were underage and you proceeded to talk to them in a sexual way, your account will be closed and we may seek advice from law enforcement.

Your account has been deleted. Do not make another membership account here.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?