Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

recovery and reassurance

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Re: recovery and reassurance

Unread postby Big Al » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:09 pm

It happens but only in about 1% of cases.
Not usually with Nigerians though.
I'd say you are safe.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby Fbjr1111 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:19 pm

It's been a month and a half, do you think it's a risk for me to post a post and profile picture from my instagram account?
Fbjr1111
Junior survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:03 pm

You should abandon all of your old accounts and information. If you must have an instagram account, open a new one that does not use any of your previous information and cannot be traced back to your real identity.

From the steps: "An even better option, and the one we strongly recommend is to abandon the account altogether and create a new one with different details. Be sure to use a different email address and phone number when registering the new account."
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby Fbjr1111 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:11 pm

I changed the username, email and number of my current account. I haven't received any threats for a month and a half. Can I be considered safe?
Fbjr1111
Junior survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:23 pm

You're obviously wanting us to tell you it's OK to do so, despite what we've already said, so go ahead and do whatever you want. I mean, what do we know? We've only dealt with over 30,000 cases of sextortion. It's up to you what you want to do now.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby Fbjr1111 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:26 pm

So after I close my account, after how many months should I open a new account and write my name is not a risk? How would you rate my situation?
Fbjr1111
Junior survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:35 pm

Depends on where the scammer was and if you paid them or not. Anything from a minimum of 2 weeks (Moroccan scammer and you didn't pay) to 2 months (Ivory Coast scammer and you did pay). Those are just minimum times. The longer the better.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne

Unread postby Fbjr1111 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:40 pm

It's been a month and a half, do you think I've survived the danger?
Fbjr1111
Junior survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:28 pm

Fbjr1111 wrote:It's been a month and a half

Wayne wrote:Depends on where the scammer was and if you paid them or not. Anything from a minimum of 2 weeks (Moroccan scammer and you didn't pay) to 2 months (Ivory Coast scammer and you did pay). Those are just minimum times. The longer the better.
Wayne

Unread postby mr.gansder » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:16 am

About 1 week ago i got caught in a scammer's network. we video chatted with each other on instagram and then telegram and then he told me that he copied my follower list and asked me to send money. otherwise he said he would send everyone my video. He is a scammer living in the Philippines. First he made a bargain with me and unfortunately I sent him money. Then he asked me for money again and I told him there was nothing I could do and told him he could share the video with everyone if he wanted. he wrote me "good luck" and I did not reply to him. Then hours later he wrote "good luck" again and this time I blocked him from everywhere. He does not have my phone number. I changed the username of my social media accounts. What should I do now? my psychology and social life are ruined. pls help me.
mr.gansder
New survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?