Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Inhertitance Scam

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

Inhertitance Scam

Unread postby POCONNOR » Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:16 pm

Hi All

How do I know if you it is a scam or not as i have people in my life that I care about?
Not sure if i am asking the right question but when it comes to inheritance does a person have to pay tax if it's from another country and if so, why?
POCONNOR
New survivor

Re: Inhertitance Scam

Unread postby firefly » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:35 pm

If someone contacted you out of the blue, telling you that you have the same name as a "deceased client" - yes 100% sure scam.

There will be a fake bank where the money is allegedly deposited and the scammers will ask for paperwork you need to pay in advance for.

In some cases, there will also be a fake lawyer willing to do the paperwork you need for a price you need to pay upfront.

In and between you might also be dealing with a fake shipping company ready to deliver the money / ATM card to your address if you pay in advance for the delivery.

The variations are endless and in all of them you need to pay in advance for something that does not exist.

Feel free to add some details here that may allow us to do a proper check.

There is also the option to forward the emails / documents you received to my email address (you can find it below) and we can do that proper check for you.

No matter what, don't send money to anyone you met online only. Also don't send them copies of your identity documents - it might end in identity theft.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?