Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

PreIPO share scam.

Ask here if you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with a scammer, and we can help. This section is hidden from search engines.

PreIPO share scam.

Unread postby PossibleVictim » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:36 pm

I have been contacted repeatedly by telephone by representatives of a company called FinTrek Capital (Hong Kong) Co., Limited who are trying to persuade me to buy pre-IPO shares in Elon Musk's Starlink company.

The website they gave me is fintrekcaphk.com and the email address info@fintrekcaphk.com. They told me that they are registered in Hong Kong to trade internationally, but were vague when I asked them about who regulated them in the UK and I have been unable to get any response from the UK regulators.

Is anyone able to tell me anything about this company and whether they are legitimate as they are very persistent in getting me to invest.
PossibleVictim
New survivor

Re: PreIPO share scam.

Unread postby firefly » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:05 pm

PossibleVictim,

Thank you for contacting us.

We usually don't deal with this type of investments.

There is a real company with that name legally registered in 2017.

All the online references we were able to find indicate the domain name you mentioned associated with the said company.

It looks like they launched their new website recently: https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/114188

According to https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/07/spacex- ... -away.html:

"Elon Musk says an IPO of SpaceX’s Starlink satellite internet business is still 3 or 4 years away"

We cannot confirm if this is a scam or not.

If you are not feeling comfortable about an investment, the best option is to not invest.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Am I being scammed/Is this a scammer?