Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammers abusing stolen photos of Katie Banks

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Scammers abusing stolen photos of Katie Banks

Unread postby ScammerHammer » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:30 am

A little over a year ago I was piddling around on a dating site and I was targeted by 3 women asking me to send them money and calling me baby and telling me I love you almost right off the bat. I ran off 2 of them and started engaging with one that claimed she was from Cape Coast, Ghana and sent me photos. Her name was Cindy Abban and she claimed to be 39. But her photos were pictures of Katie Banks the Canadian girl that several scammers have stolen pictures from. I decided to play dumb and have fun with it. I chatted on the phone with her a few times and she certainly had a thick African accent. She said her mother is from London and her father was Ghanaian and her mother's name was Sandra Wilson. She told me that she has a citizenship in the USA but the Covid 19 flight ban wouldn't allow her to leave to get back to work in Rhode Island or Connecticut. I searched her area code and it was indeed a Connecticut area code. After 2 weeks she finally laid the question on me.........if I could send her money. I told her I would if I could but I'm broke but that I do love her and I wanted to strengthen our relationship. I was studying her playing field and forming ideas to really put a cramp in it. After about a month I told her that I was gonna open an account at the bank and that my stimulus checks and tax return will go in it. I told her I was gonna put her on the account and that way she can draw money anytime she wants without limitations. She took the hook but I made sure that there were obstacles to make her impatient and aggravated in a years time while planting seeds of hope to keep her on this extensive lie about sharing my account with her. She finally started to back off from me and has gone 2 months without texting me. It has been nicw
ScammerHammer
New survivor

Re: Scammers abusing stolen photos of Katie Banks

Unread postby firefly » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:52 am

Changed your topic name because of this: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=12388.

So far, we received reports regarding scammers abusing stolen pictures of Katie Banks only in blackmail scams/sextortion: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76913.

Can you please add the email address "she" was using with you and some of the initial messages you received from "her"?

That might help other potential victims to recognize the scam format "she" uses before sending "her" any money.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Romance scams.