Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Romance Scam - Patrick Morris

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Romance Scam - Patrick Morris

Unread postby spacejockw » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:23 am

Hello there. I've investigated this scam a relative of mine almost fell for, a romance scam operating on dating apps under the name of Patrick Morris. The scammer claims to be an Irish captain of a company, running your average shipment scam.

Gallery: https://scamsurvivors.com/piwigo/index. ... egory/3030

This scammer has been spotted targeting victims in Brazil.

This scammer has found my relative on Tinder and conversation evolved over a short period of time, including calls to each other. Apparently, the scammer had a pretty loose grasp on our native language, which could also be him resorting to Google Translate during conversations, I'm not sure. Eventually, he claimed to be coming to our country on his ship and said he'd send his things to my relative's address through a courier, allegedly being already paid and giving her only the tracking code. Since I'm the only in the family able to speak English, she sent me info on the tracking code and the page and asked me to tell her what that meant.

Already suspecting it could be a scam, I did my investigation. Among many inconsistencies, here are the things I have learned:
- Pictures were stolen from another sailor loosely related to Thomas Lindegaard Madsen (link to post related to Thomas: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=70009). The man works at DanPilot, a Danish piloting company that only provides services in Denmark and across the Baltic Sea. He also has pictures with Madsen.
- The scammer sent her pictures of documents and even a declaration mentioning the items he was sending, under a passport and not having a full name. The ID card was clearly edited and I found the original source, and the passport number was the one of a fake passport posted online. The signatures were too different from each other, the one signed on the paper was written "Patrick Moris", missing an r.
- Pictures of the same person were also used by dating scammers on other platforms and pages. For example, the same man is seen on the Russian platform VK as Michael O'brien, allegedly seeking to learn Russian with someone. The profile also had pictures that hint to the real identity of the person.
- The scam relies on fake pages of courier companies that don't really exist and are operated by them. The page of the courier used this time was [url]https:/ /trixglobalexp.com/#[/url].
- The baggage picture counts as being from eBay.
- Other inconsistencies related to the story that just didn't add up.

Obviously, knowing what was happening, I warned my relative and showed her all the proof I collected. Unfortunately, I couldn't extract more information or cause more trouble to the scammer because of her reaction, so the scammer blocked her and deleted his Tinder profile. However, I still know he is using the same phone number and also his email address, and while I managed to contact Thomas and he chose not to tell the person, I have more than enough pictures to send that are being used and will likely continue to be.

I've also found a list of pages hosted under that same IP, with nearly all pages being from Nigeria, including another used for parcel scams. (line removed - FF)

Name used: Patrick Morris
Telephone used for scams: +353 89 973 8936
Address used: The Laurels, Terenure, Dublin 6W, Co. Dublin, D6W R902, Ireland
1 Terenure Rd W
VK profile (probably a different scammer): [url]https:/ /vk.com/mich1410[/url]

List of hosts found by DNSDumpster (since the host server is known, please report the other scammy pages to them if possible):
247cargotransport.com
aimsair-ways.com

1stgulfb.com
247cargotransport.com
247cargotransport.istructurestech.com
29regularcourse.com
2dotcom.net
3plebeat.com.ng
411restaurantandbar.411restaurantlagos.com
411restaurantlagos.com
54empiregroup.com.ng
academy-myonline.com
acceleratehubng.com
account.utbanquetg.com
aceroyalty.com.ng
adepojuolaoluwa.com
adffoundation.com.ng
advancecryptotrade.com
adsworkspace.seldsoftcommunications.com
adsworkspacebronze.seldsoftcommunications.com
adsworkspacediamond.seldsoftcommunications.com
adsworkspacegold.seldsoftcommunications.com
adsworkspacesilver.seldsoftcommunications.com
aestheticdesignconstructions.avstitches.com
aforaestheticsng.avstitches.com
aforaestheticsng.com
agorconstructioncompany.com
ahimiedescendants.com
aimsair-ways.com

Pictures used by the scammer + Evidence:

Capture6.PNG

Capture7.PNG

Capture8.PNG

Stay safe and have a great day, you all.

Phone: +353899738936
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination Ireland
City or exchange location
spacejockw
New survivor

Re: Romance Scam - Patrick Morris

Unread postby Big Al » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:59 am

Thank you for all of the information you have posted here.
It will take us some time to double-check all of the websites you have posted here and any that we believe are not fraudulent will be removed from the list.
You have done a lot of homework and we are grateful.

Your friend should stop all contact with the scammer and any associates.
They will all be part of the scam.
Do not tell them they know it is a scam.
Then be careful of any new contacts from anyone they do not know because the scammers often try again.
If your friend has already sent money then they should file a fraud report with their local police.
Then take the police report to wherever they sent money through and try to get any payments reversed.

If your friend sent the scammer a copy of their ID or Passport then they should get their line of credit frozen.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby spacejockw » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:17 am

I appreciate it. I don't fully believe all those links are operated by scams, even though most of them seem sketchy and don't provide contact or social media info properly. What I know is that all of them are hosted by Reliablesite, a provider that has IPs on the East Coast and in Kansas (which explains the Academy Bank link). But almost all of them are from Nigeria.

I also apologize if I made any mistakes, I was rushing to post the report and only read the terms after posting.
Anyway, I managed to prevent the scam but the scammer already has her information. We're gonna have to get her ID card and other documents replaced for sure.

Because of my intervention, no money was sent and everything was okay. The only thing is that I planned on extracting more information and I also wanted to cause some trouble, but she told him the truth, he blocked her and deleted the Tinder account. Because of that, there isn't much I can do anymore.
spacejockw
New survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:24 am

Ok, if the scammer has a copy of her ID then do be sure to get her line of credit frozen.

We are seeing more cases where the scammers are using them to open online bank accounts.
They use the accounts to launder money for a while and then take out loans.
They default on those loans and the bank goes back on the victim to recover their money.

ETA: Can you post more information concerning the scammer and his associates?
E-mails, E-mail addresses, Other photographs and fake documents, Other phone numbers, Any places your friend was asked to send money to like Western Union or bank account details?
"Look for the lies."
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby spacejockw » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:58 am

I do have some other pictures, a video and also audios of him (given it all happened on Whatsapp). I can translate any details. I am also trying to get her to tell me the email address because I know he sent her emails, but she claims not to know how to find them. She is in her late 50s and only recently has started using dating apps, not knowing much about how things work online.

I was here just now checking some national news about this type of scam, it seems like investigations have been taking place but so far they haven't been productive. Some sources say there are some people operating in the country, since Brazil is chosen by many Nigerian immigrants.

While I still need to confirm this information with her, she hinted to me that the scammer operated alone and no other associate contacted her.

I might not be able to send other details here because of the limitations but I can tell more about my findings. For example, the address given by the scammer was somewhat confusing. The first part leads to a car dealership, but if you replace it with the other part of the address, it takes you to an apartment complex nearby.

Also like I said, the addresses for the couriers don't exist. I'm having trouble accessing the page right now but I found other false pages using this 'Kuhl' something avenue/street somewhere in the US, and that street doesn't exist. As for the Trixglobal, the Irish address is real but it doesn't look anything like a courier. It's just an office building for small businesses.
spacejockw
New survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:06 am

Ok, just be sure she isn't hiding any details from you.
It is a sign that she still believes the scammer.
"Look for the lies."
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:56 am

You might suggest her to read viewtopic.php?f=11&t=37058.

It may help.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby spacejockw » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:02 am

I've decided to add the pictures from the VK profile, since some of them were used by this scammer and will probably be used by other scammers.

spacejockw
New survivor

About the new title

Unread postby spacejockw » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:21 pm

I must mention the name of the man isn't Michael O'Brien. I've failed to find the real person whose pictures are being used because I don't have many social media accounts and most of them require you to log in (I might need to make some dummies). But I do know he's Danish just like Thomas Lindegaard Madsen, because the VK scammer has used a picture the person took from a TV showing the news about the pandemic in Denmark and it's in Danish, matching the fact that the person works at DanPilot (which only operates in Denmark), while that said scammer said it was Maersk, and as for me I still need to ask my relative about the things the scammer said.

If possible, I believe we should try to find the real person so we could at least know whose pictures are being abused. I tried to contact Thomas but failed to get any information from him. Also I'm still a beginner at OSINT investigations so that's another reason why I struggled to find that account.

So yeah, I believe the older title is more appropriate.

Here's one last picture I should've uploaded but I forgot:

spacejockw
New survivor

Re: trixglobalexp.com

Unread postby firefly » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:39 pm

The fake courier used in scam claims to be Trix Global Express.

From the fake courier website:

Trix Global Express . Is a licensed Customs Broker, Freight and Logistics provider. We provide a complete array of supply chain management solutions involving air freight, ocean freight, trucking, warehousing and distribution. Is committed to excellence in service and maintains high levels of adaptability to the necessities of our customers, regulatory implementation and technology to the highly ever changing world market.

Contact details:

USA
102 Kuhl Avenue, 30329 Atlanta, Georgia.
Tel: +1 424-300-8103
Ireland
2 Hartstonge st, Limerick, County Limerick.
Tel: (061)4104941
Italy
Via di Santa Melania 63, Planol, Bolzano.
Tel: 0386 315040
Email: info@trixglobalexp.com

+14243008103
Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location Compton, Gardena DA, CA
Original network provider* Cf Communications, Llc Dba Telekenex - Ca

+353614104941
Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination Ireland
City or exchange location Limerick
Original network provider* Eircom

+39386315040
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination Italy

Entry in the aa419 Database of fraudulent websites: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=153352.

From the domain name registration:

Domain Name: TRIXGLOBALEXP.COM
Updated Date: 2021-06-01
Creation Date: 2020-01-15

Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2022-01-15
Registrar: PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com

Registry Registrant ID: Not Available From Registry
Registrant Name: Domain Admin
Registrant Organization: Privacy Protect, LLC (PrivacyProtect.org)

This is what the fake website looks like:

maina.JPG

We will be properly dealing with the list of the domain names you posted, without updating this topic for each case, to not derail the value your report might have for another potential victim.

Thank you for your thorough research. Your relative is lucky to have you near.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Next

Return to Romance scams.