Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammers abusing stolen photos of Jjaeyn

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Scammers abusing stolen photos of Jjaeyn

Unread postby firefly » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:51 pm

Posted on behalf of the victim:

I met the con artist on a dating app called Hinge in February this year. His back story is that he was born in Seoul, moved to Florida when he was a toddler, lost his mum due to a cardiac arrest when he was 3, and his dad passed away 5 years ago after he graduated from GIA, to which he’s inherited his dad’s mining company in Perth, Australia and he also owns a Diamond store in Miami.

He claims to travel around for work. Throughout our communication, he had been to New York for a seminar, he was in Perth for a week due to an emergency work at the mining zone, and in Paris last week for a GIA seminar. Whilst in Paris, he’s supposedly been invited to go on a Mediterranean cruise ship exhibition and when the ship docks in Greece, he will deliver 1.5 million dollars worth of jewelry to a business client, hence he wanted me to become a third-party user of his bogus bank account to check if he’s been paid.

When he brought up Klint Bank the other day, I got alarmed and started looking it up. That’s how I came across Scam survivors and thought of contacting you immediately for more info. I also checked all the pictures he sent me, but only found a few taken from the websites, the photos he’s been using mainly are stolen directly from Instagram.

I did confront him about Klint Bank yesterday, however he denied knowing about it being a scam website (denial coming from a scammer himself) and assured me he wouldn’t do anything to hurt me. I’m still worried as he has so much info of me - lesson learned not to share personal information with somebody I’ve only met recently. I obviously believed everything he’s told me from the get go.

The post the victim found is the one here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=89346.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Scammers abusing stolen photos of Jjaeyn

Unread postby firefly » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:53 pm

Stolen pictures used in fraud:

The pictures were stolen from the real owner Instagram account.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Klint Bank - klintbankplc.com

Unread postby firefly » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:57 pm

The bank where the fraudster claimed to have his bank account is a clone of the ones already reported on our forum.

From the fake website:

Klint Bank Plc received its Universal Banking License in 2002 and soon commenced providing specialized retail banking services. With its highly skilled professional staff who emphasize the delivery of efficient and excellent customer services, Klint Bank Plc Limited continues to provide a broad range of banking and financial solutions to large corporations, small and medium-sized enterprises, public sector institutions and retail customers accross the country.

Contact details:

200 Commercial St Nevada City,
CA 95959, USA
+1 657 765 2231
info@klintbankplc.com

+16577652231
Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location California

Entry in the aa419 Database of fraudulent websites: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=149631.

From the domain name registration:

Domain name: klintbankplc.com
Updated Date: 2020-08-06
Creation Date: 2020-08-04
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2021-08-04
Registrar: NAMECHEAP INC
Reseller: NAMECHEAP INC

Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Withheld for Privacy Purposes
Registrant Organization: Privacy service provided by Withheld for Privacy ehf

This is what the fake website looks like:

main.JPG

I’m still worried as he has so much info of me - lesson learned not to share personal information with somebody I’ve only met recently.

The victim has no chance of having her personal information protected, after sharing it with the scammer. The scammer, on the other side, has all the protection he needs after sharing his personal information with a Registrar, while creating a fake website used to steal money from innocent people.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Scammers abusing stolen photos of Jjaeyn

Unread postby firefly » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:01 pm

He revealed himself via video call as he was feeling guilty. He apologised several times and told me thats he’s not supposed to show himself and to stop communicating with me since I started getting suspicious, but he felt bad so he eventually video call me on WhatsApp.

He is a black person from South Africa. He said he is working for someone, “his boss” , as he needs to repay a large debt in order for him and his sister to survive. He lives in a guarded shared house with several other guys that’s why sometimes I could hear other people in the background and he would immediately cut me off during voice calls. They’re not allowed to go out and sometimes they’re only being offered food once or twice a day.

He confessed he has been using other stolen photos and has been chatting with a few more women online. The goal is to extort money which goes straight in to their boss account.

When I asked him who created Klint bank as there are other banks with the same layout online, he said he’s not sure as they only get given orders by their boss.

He said he has deleted all the files I have sent him and won’t be using any of it illegally. He’s not sure when he’ll be able to repay the debts, until then he has no choice but to work for the boss.

What the scammer said is an entirely made up story, with the solely purpose to get victim's sympathy and understanding, before trying to scam her as himself.

An old profile using one of the same stolen pictures was visited last time on 20 September 2020 on LavaPlanet, having the real location of the scammer this time:

bakar.JPG

Bakar
57 , Capricorn
Nigeria, Warri
I'm looking for: a woman aged 18 to 99.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Romance scams.