Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammers abusing stolen photos of Lino Villaventura

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Scammers abusing stolen photos of Lino Villaventura

Unread postby firefly » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:34 pm

Posted on behalf of the victim:

I have become a victim of a romance scammer. He was posted to Match.com. I am in xxx Canada and in the search area for matches I had a 50 kilometer area search. Dave O’keefe from Coldstream, BC was his profile name. Widower, Catholic moved to texting quickly, day we were to meet he had to fly to Turkey for business. His bank account was frozen, showed me him trying to get into his account by video and being denied. He has been “stuck” there for the last 2 months. Yes, I stupidly bought 4 computers for him sent them to Turkey and then also sent money to him. I reverse searched his image and photos that he had sent me were found on the Instagram page of Lino Villaventura. He used Instagram video as Skype messages to me. I also found that the photos were being used on multiple dating sites in the US as well.

Here are the photos associated with him and all can be found on Lino Villaventura Instagram page. First was on his profile of match. The next two he sent me but it is on the Instagram page. The second to last he sent but is on the Instagram page as well.

Stolen picture used in fraud:

His email address is davebe082@gmail.com.

I have also just realized that he has used me as a mule for sending money.... of course he needs it for Port charges... and since I am unable to help him anymore, his clients are helping him. Realized what was happening yesterday (and after I had sent the second wire transfer) when it is all women and not men.

He has a strong Irish accent and also is abusing stolen photos of “his mom” and “his daughter” so I don’t know if that helps.

I am so embarrassed that I fell for this, right at the request for the computers I knew it was wrong but did it anyway and more. I haven’t told any of my friends or family. I have destroyed my good credit rating and now own thousands.

The fake CEO claimed to be traveling to Cyprus, where he started having Internet problems no allowing him to access his bank account.

The victim was asked to send 4 computers to his company in Cyprus:

Daveprojectfirm.com
Dave O'keefe
20 Strovolos Avenue
2011 Strovolos Nicosia
Cyprus
+905428541638

+905428541638
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination Cyprus, Northern
Original network provider* KKTC Telsim Telekomünikasyon A.Ş. (Vodafone)
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: davebe082@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:07 pm

"Dave O’keefe" pretends to have his own company, Dave Project Firm. The "company" has a website, active from the domain name daveprojectfirm.com.

The company name changes on the fake website, from Dave Project to Jesse Project. Also the location is USA for Jesse Project and Ireland for Dave Project.

From the fake website:

Dave Project began building houses and schools in Galway, Ireland in 2005

We take pride in the work we've accomplished and our diverse range of clients attests to the breadth of our experience. Whatever your style, Whatever your interior decorating needs, Jesse Project firm in the United States can help you achieve your dreams.

The "company" was apparently founded in 2005:

Since our founding in 2005 Dave Project has recognized that a just and ethical work environment is critical to our ability to support our customer's goals in every location in which we work.
Today, this recognition is ingrained in our core values. We strive to maintain the highest standards of business ethics, environmental sustainability, labour and employment, and fair-trade practices, in every project we undertake

There is one problem: according to the Companies Registration Office Ireland, no company with that name is registered anywhere in Ireland:

search.JPG

The "CEO" presentation on the fake website:

With more than 9 years of experience, Dave O'Keefe has set up itself in the market as a profoundly regarded organization in the inside outline and redesign part.

Contact details:

111 Dock St, The Docks, Galway, Ireland
info@Daveprojectfirm.com
Tel: +1 (306) 803-0868

+13068030868
Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination Canada
City or exchange location Saskatoon
Original network provider* Iristel Inc.

The location is stolen from a hotel.

The "company" supposedly founded in 2005, with a CEO having "more than 9 years of experience" exists online since November 2020.

jesseprojectfirm.com is no longer active.

Entry in the aa419 Database of fraudulent websites: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=148695.

From the domain name registration:

Domain Name: DAVEPROJECTFIRM.COM
Updated Date: 2020-11-26
Creation Date: 2020-11-26
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2021-11-26
Registrar: Wix.Com Ltd.

This is what the fake website looks like:

main.JPG
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Romance scams.