Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Malcom Steven - Malcomsteven240@gmail.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Malcom Steven - Malcomsteven240@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:30 pm

Form Submitted On: 2020-09-19 23:47:01

What name did the scammer use?: Malcom Steven
What site/app did you first meet the scammer on?: Texted me out of the blue
What email address(es) did the scammer use?: Malcomsteven240@gmail.com
What phone number(s) did the scammer use?: 337-369-0009
Please include any photos/documents sent to you by the scammer.:

Briefly explain what happened during the scam. : I didn't let this go any further. I have been approached by about 10+ scammers from the game of Scrabble Go. I started falling for one, when I had never heard of the term Romance Scammers. Unfortunately, I have given my phone and email out so I think this is how this person got my number.
Did you send any money to the scammer? If so, how much?: No

+13373690009
Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location New Iberia, LA
Original network provider* Bellsouth Telecomm Inc Dba South Central Bell Tel
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Malcom Steven - Malcomsteven240@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:36 pm

The stolen pictures have a long history of being used online in romance scams.

Other images from the same gallery used online on active dating profiles:

Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

FirstStar Bank - firststarbank.online

Unread postby firefly » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:57 pm

The scammer using the stolen pictures reported above pretends to be a business man traveling abroad and unable to access his bank account while traveling. His phone number is also used with a fake bank used to prove that made-up story.

The scammer will direct the victim to the fake bank, sharing his login details, as a sign of good faith.

This is what the login page looks like:

login.JPG

After the victim checks the bogus account the scammer pretends to have in that bank, the account will be allegedly blocked because it was accessed from another geographic area.

The scammer will social engineer the victim into believing that his bank account was block because of that check, and will ask for financial help, with the promise he will repay the money after he manages to unblock his bank account.

The fake bank claims to be FirstStar Bank and uses a fraudulent website active from the domain name firststarbank.online.

From the fake website:

We do whatever we can to protect you from identity theft. But if you’re not careful, our services througn eagerness could backfire when you travel. If we spot transactions in an unfamiliar location, we may assume your card is being used fraudulently and shut it off.
Please allow us your bank know that you’re going away, they add a record to your account and share it with their fraud detection system. This prevents your “abnormal” spending patterns from triggering a block on your card.

Contact details:

info@firststarbank.online
Call: +1(337) 369-0009

Entry in the aa419 Database of fraudulent websites: https://db.aa419.org/fakebanksview.php?key=146111.

From the domain name registration:

Domain Name: firststarbank.online
Updated Date: 2020-08-16
Creation Date: 2019-10-04

Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-10-04
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC

Registry Registrant ID: CR390867854
Registrant Name: Registration Private

This is what the fake bank website looks like:

main.JPG
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Romance scams.