Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Completely Naive allensct297@gmail.com alnscott@usa.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Completely Naive allensct297@gmail.com alnscott@usa.com

Unread postby cbear06 » Sun May 17, 2020 5:43 am

I met "Allen" on a dating website in March 2020. He was handsome and very charming. We exchanged phone numbers and began talking/texting often. He told me he was 40, born in Norway, grew up in Johannesburg, moved to London for college and had come to the states approx 14 years ago. He mentioned that his Mom passed approx 5 years ago due to cancer and his Dad was murdered when he was 10.

Allen mentioned that he owned a house in a nearby city, drove a BMW and was currently working offshore in an oil rig at Thunder Horse Oil Field in the Gulf of Mexico. I did my due diligence in fact checking his story, as much as I could. I did a search on his name and did a reverse image search on the pics he had sent. Nothing came up from the pics and he had a very common name (or so I thought), so it was hard to locate anything from that.

Within 2 weeks, Allen was talking about how he was in love with me and he even proposed. Mentioned he was willing to walk away from being an oil rigger to be with me and have a family.

Shortly there after, Allen asked me to contact a company to order some materials. I used an email address I hardly ever use and starting emailing with a woman named Angela Nichole Cook. Angela stated that 90.5% of the payment would be due at that time in order to get the materials manufactured. When it was time to make the payment "Allen" gave me access to his account so that I could transfer the money. That transaction went through w/o any trouble. While on the bank website, I saw the money on this account along with his picture. Along with that was an address in the city close by. I looked up the address and again all the information Allen had told me seemed to be true.

A couple of days later, he had to pay for the remainder of the materials in order for them to be shipped. He told me once again to transfer the money from his account. This time, the transfer didn't go through because his bank had blocked his account as they believed it has been hacked. He received a text message from the bank that he had sent to me to prove it. He then asked me to lend him the money until he got off the rig and transfer the money to me. I was hesitant and told him I was not comfortable do so, as we hadn't met yet. He re-assured me several times that he would pay me back the money, as soon as he got home. So, I transferred the money to my account and wired it over to the account that Angela had supplied.

About a week or so after this, Allen asked me to reach out for a status on the shipment of the materials. I did so and Angela stated that they were being transferred for shipment, but that it would be over $12,780 for the shipping cost(which had never been mentioned before). Allen asked what we were going to do. I told him he needed to speak with his employer and/or call his bank to get this figured out. A couple of days later, Allen called me and said that his employer wouldn't pay the cost due to a contract he had signed stating he would be responsible for any materials needed. When asked about his bank, he said that they wouldn't help him, because he couldn't go into a branch to prove his identity.

Believing this and wanting him to come home, I attempted to get a loan for the amount. I was denied for that amount and told him. He stated that a co-worker saw how distraught he was one day and had asked his girlfriend to pay 50% of the cost, and that we only needed to come up with the remainder. He had texted me a confirmation that he received from his co-worker showing that 50% of the balance had been paid and asked me to send it to Angela. I sent that to Angela and I continued to attempt to get a loan for the balance owed. This time I was successful. I signed the paperwork, received the money and I paid Angela the balance due. Shortly there after she forwarded over tracking information for the materials. I followed the tracking daily and Allen let me know when they had arrived.

About 1 week went by and I hadn't heard anything from Allen. He finally texted one night saying he had broken his phone and was using a co-workers phone that he put his SIM card into, so he could reach out to me. Another week went by and I heard from him again, this time he asked me to reach out to Angela to get him a phone, so that he could be in contact with me. He told me to let her know he had insurance on his phone and that he had AT&T as his carrier. I emailed her asking her if she could send Allen a phone. She responded the following day stating that I could send her the phone and she would send it with one of their industrial agents ASAP.

I spoke with Allen regarding this and told him I could send him a phone one of my friends wasn't using, so he could put his SIM card in that to use for the time being. He didn't like that idea. Said he was using an iPhone 11 Pro Max and that's what he wanted to stick with. I told him I wasn't going to be able to get that for him unlocked and asked him if he would settle on an iPhone 11. He reluctantly said he would. I began looking, however, due to the pandemic, most everything was sold out and he didn't want to wait. I called AT&T to see if I could get him a replacement phone, but since I didn't have access to his account, I couldn't. The rep told me I would need to open a new line and then I could do the monthly installments on the iPhone. So, that's what I did. Angela supplied me with an address to send her the phone, which was for a post office in Brooklyn, but I assumed she had a PO Box there. I dropped off the package, insured it and asked for it to be held for pickup with signature. I sent Angela and Allen the tracking information (which had my home address on there) and figured that was another crisis averted. Angela emailed back a couple hours later saying that she had forgotten to give me her PO Box and that I needed to go to the Post Office to get that rectified, so she could pick it up anytime. Luckily, the post office still had the package and I was able to do so. I tracked the package on the day of delivery and became concerned when the package didn't show delivered, etc. by the guaranteed time. Later that evening, USPS notified me that the pkg was being returned to me due to the forward mail request expiring. I immediately took a picture of this and sent it to Angela asking her to go to the post office first thing in the AM. I received no response, but I called the post office that the package was at and asked them to hold it for pick up. The representative said she would, but that the recipient would need to show the tracking confirmation and photo ID. I emailed Angela the information and received no response. Finding this all very odd, I started a search for Angela Nichole Cook, Brooklyn and found this website. It all became very clear that I had been scammed.

Since finding out, I have contacted my bank and the FTC. I attempted to contact the Post office, but they had closed already. I've notified my local authorities and blocked Allen and Angela on every form of communication I had. I'm sure Allen will reach out at some point to threaten me, as I did send him an intimate photo and he had asked for a video call on Hangouts. When I asked him to turn on the camera he stated he wasn't able to. I accepted that and things became intimate on the video call also. I've set up Google alerts for this reason also.

In hindsight I wish I had trusted my instincts, but now I'm out roughly $14,500 with the phone and termination fee and feel like a complete fool. I'm angry with myself, but also feel very violated and betrayed.

I've included email addresses, bank info, names, phone numbers and pictures to this. Hopefully, this will help someone else from being taken advantage of.

Allen John Scott -
allensct297@gmail.com
alnscott@usa.com
Phone: 213-212-4072

Angela Nichole Cook -
Brooklyn, NY 11238 (wire transfer address) and/or Brooklyn, NY 11238 (where package was sent)
pengbosalesteel@outlook.com

Bank info - Citibank account number - 6862796XXX

Name of Materials company - Tianjin Pengbo Tongda International Trade Co, Ltd.

Phone: +12132124072
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location Los Angeles, CA
Original network provider* Cellco Partnership Dba Verizon Wireless - Ca
cbear06
New survivor

Pengbosalesteel@outlook.com

Unread postby Big Al » Sun May 17, 2020 8:52 pm

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020
TPT International Trade Co, Ltd <Pengbosalesteel@outlook.com> wrote:

Tianjin Pengbo Tongda International Trade Co, Ltd
4#-1-801/901 Qingda Yuan,The Crossing Of Shuangjiang

Road And Longxing Road Southwest,Shuangjie Town, Beichen

District,Tianjin,China 300403.
Email: Pengbosalesteel@outlook.com

Dear

Pay through our international sales agent for easy and quick confirmation. Here is the payment instruction as requested;

CHECKING ACCOUNT
Bank Name: Citibank
Account Name: A. N. C.
Account Number: 686279XXXX
Routing Number: 021000089
Bank Address: 836, Manhattan Ave Brooklyn, NY. 11222.
Account Owner's address: Brooklyn, NY. 11238.
Amount to pay now=

Note: Kindly send proof of payment for records.

Regards,
Angela
Sales Manager
International Trade Department

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020

Dear

Your materials have been produced and packaged.

Kindly make the balance payment to enable us to go ahead with the shipping.

CHECKING ACCOUNT
Bank Name: Citibank
Account Name: A. N. C.
Account Number: 686279XXXX
Routing Number: 021000089
Bank Address: 836, Manhattan Ave Brooklyn, NY. 11222.
Account Owner's address: Brooklyn, NY. 11238.
Amount to pay now=

Please forward prove of payment for quick and easy confirmation.

Regards,
Angela
Sales Manager

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020

Dear

Thank you for your mail.

This is to inform you that the loading of your materials has being successfully completed. Therefore, you are expected to make payment for the shipment of your goods. It is currently on the move to the courier company for shipment.

Note:
Total amount for Shipment: (Pay to the same account).The materials will be shipped, and the tracking details sent to you immediately your payment is confirmed.

Thank you.

Regards,

Angela
Sales Manager

Here's the website that "Allen" gave to me when I made the first successful transaction on his behalf. https:/ /creditfd.us

Note: For details about the fake bank website please see: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/forum/vie ... 17&t=83934.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Return to Romance scams.