Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Eric Dill - ericdill101@gmail.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Eric Dill - ericdill101@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:28 pm

Posted on behalf of the victim:

The victim contacted us, asking to check if the person she is communicating with, is a scammer. Based on the details she provided, we confirmed, asking her to tell us how the fraud worked in her case.

The explanation she provided is posted here with her consent, with the hope of warning other potential victims.

I'm in tears. I got divorced about 7 years ago and this was my first "date" since I was 17. I didn't know anything about this. I should have stopped talking to him at the beginning of 2019 when he didn't show up for Christmas. I am going to lose everything and I don't have much.

He told me he was Norwegian, his mother was American his father Norwegian, he left Norway and went to school for Petroleum Engineering in Glasgow, been in the US thirty years, married his wife Cheryl, she died in 2012 I think he said from cancer. He said he lived in Annapolis, Maryland and Pennsylvania. He has a daughter, Katherine, who is now 15 and lives with her grandma in California. He has an accent but he also spoke Norwegian so I believed him. He also spoke German. He said he had dual citizenship.

Now that I read his messages and emails, and I had looked at the link you sent me, I see he says AM alot and he has bad grammar, but again I thought it was because he grew up in Norway and English was not his first language.
Also, when we first started emailing, he did send me a bunch of questions, which I answered in detail, I like to do surveys so I just blabbed and blabbed. Gave him everything he needed to know about me. I wanted to be honest.

First he asked me to send him gift cards, then Western Union, then wires. Then he asked me to take out two loans. He asked me to open a company for our common future. That company had a bank account. Then people started sending money. One woman sent $50K. The bank called because they realized one item was stolen. He asked me recently to send money to some guy via Western Union and Western Union wouldn't even let the guy pick up the funds.

A lot of the time he said he would only tell me stuff on the phone but I made him email or text me all the info for all the wires etc.

I got very upset with him on New Years Eve because, after I spoke to the fraud guy at the bank, and I told him that 65K he thought he had was going back to the sender he has been ignoring me.

He got about $6k or so from me before Christmas 2018. He said he was home but couldn’t see me cause his funds didn’t come through. I was breaking up with him in January and then my brother was diagnosed with cancer in early January 2019. He died few months later. I thought since "Eric" told me his wife died from cancer he was sent by God - as he said - to help me deal with it. He was promising to be home in spring, then summer - something always came up. It broke my heart to watch my brother die and during this whole thing is when he convinced me to help him open the llc and bitcoin etc. He said he had an opportunity to make a lot of money and retire. When he found the company to set up the llc, I thought it was legit, why would a scammer set up a company.

I guess as I saw more and more red flags, I realized he may be fake but he promised to be here at Christmas. When he didn’t show up, that’s when I got a bad feeling.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: Eric Dill - ericdill101@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:33 pm

Fake character used in scam: Eric Dill
Email address used: ericdill101@gmail.com
Phone numbers used: +17242094790 / 17242094911 (Non-Fixed VoIP numbers)

Some of the stolen pictures used in fraud:

Among other things shared, there was the victim account for Netflix. Netflix notified her about someone accessing her account in May 2019:

Hi xxx,
We noticed a new sign-in with your Netflix account (xxx).
Device
Web Browser

There was also a Telegraph contact shared in case the victim was unable to contact the scammer:
Steve Erics - @ltcmoney
Phone number: +1 813-421-4069 / +18134214069 (Non-Fixed VoIP).
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:44 pm

Convincing the victim to take a loan:

Know you don’t feel comfortable talking about money and what do we do am asking because am not scared but don’t want you angry I want you to talk to me and give me assurance you’re not going to be angry at me
I know it's a lot of money for you babes

Emails received:

Date: Wed, Sep 19, 2018
Subject:

Yeah sure it will work love and thanks for gifting my little girl a life time gift you’re really special and sweet love

Date: Thu, Sep 20, 2018
Subject: Re: Western Union

Honey here is the information needed for the Western Union ..Thanks so much for giving my daughter A life time experience

Receivers Name: Ryan Daniel A. M.
Receivers Address : xxx Vancouver 98684

Date: Sun, Sep 23, 2018
Subject: Re: Sunday

I don't have much to say or explain babes and yes you know my last name is Dill and like i told you am an open book i told you to always feel free to ask me any questions and yes we did talk about the funds you helped me with which you asked that if they got it on time and i said yes they did,you have never asked me any question which i refused to answer babes..I told you something yesterday in life everyone has their own opinion about life and people we all have different way of viewing things too..And we are both adults which means when something like this comes into your heart or mind the first thing you do is to talk like what normal grownups do and then make a decision you're not stupid and you mean a lot to me,have said this before and i will keep saying it no one has actually shown me such care and love like you have this past few weeks but i get it your fear and we both know that keeping a negative mindset in a negative situation we can't win that's what affects the giants..They lose and other people have bad opinions about them yet you still bleed blue that is life..I love you so much and i would want to talk to you babes

Date: Tue, Oct 9, 2018
Subject: Re: Honesty

Good Morning Babes,
How are you doing? I was supposed to respond back your email during the day,I want you to know that in a relationship there's no mine or yours it is "ours" that was how i was raised and lived because togetherness is better than being separate or a loner because it doesn't build or promotes growth in a relationship or marriage...I just want you to know that i didn't sleep well last night as i was worried about you (...),I don't mean to make you feel cautious or reserved due to the horror stories we both have heard over the internet from other bad people and your friends keep saying or talking bad things about our relationship that is why you got disappointed when i didn't come home last weekend but i promise to make you feel happy when i come home and be with you as well..I love you so much and would write more to you as i didn't want anything to think about us twice
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:47 pm

The scammer asked the victim to open an account with Bitcoin of America and use it to send money to his wallet: 1GynPuX8cqfoSbhwyam5SaKKpJgH6FWwTt

He would tell me a deposit was made and I would check, take a screen shot and show him. I made him approve every step so after I had the funds wired to coinbase, I would show him, and he would walk me through the steps even though I did it before I never did it without him saying okay.

Then I would transfer the money from coinbase to block chain and he would send me an address and I would send the funds to the address.

He told me that the money came from investors and that they were investing in his business. He said he used bitcoin because Trump was fighting with the Chinese and he was doing business with them and bitcoin was used frequently for transactions. It all made sense when he explained it to me – remember I was taking care of my dying brother so I wasn’t thinking straight.

He told me we would build this business together and when he got home he would take care of me. I just did as he asked – I did question him when the bank was asking me questions and he told me that they just wanted me to open a business account, but he wanted me to open it at another bank. That other bank found an ACH or wire – I don’t remember – that was stolen so they alerted me to this on October 31. I was so upset after I spoke to the man, but Eric told me that the guy he was working with lied to him that’s why the funds were stolen.

I don't know who these people are that sent money - when I sent money to him I sent to other people he said they were people who act as your agent when you are away. I believed him.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:53 pm

Date: Wed, Oct 24, 2018
Subject: Wire Transfer Information

Honey below is the information needed for the wire transfer thanks so much and I do appreciate your assistance
Account name: Debra A C.
Account No :187525xxxx
Routing # :27197xxxx
Bank Name: TCF Bank
Bank address:800 Burr Ridge PKWY Burr Ridge , IL. 60527

Date: Mon, Nov 12, 2018

Sweetheart,

I wanted to write you a love letter. I know it’s a little silly but I thought I’d try anyway. It’s just that I feel so much when I’m talking with you that I try to put it in words, so that you know how I feel about you.

I can't see you right now but I can picture how you are. I see your hair and the way it falls on your shoulders, the way you smile and how you look right before you laugh. I want to be next to you right now. I don’t want you to hold anything back.

You're the world to me, there's no one quite like you. You're the one I love, the one I want to touch. I give you my heart, and I need you so much. Offer me your sweet caresses; fill me with your wonderful light; soothe my aching heart and hold me through the night. The mere sound of your voice summons deep emotion within Like an old familiar song like the comfort of a friend. When you're near, I'm lost to thoughts of love. I want to hold your hand. I hunger for your kiss. Offer me sweet tidings of true love's tender bliss. I promise our love shall soar,carried on the wings of a dove.

If I knew I would be falling in love with an angel, I would have searched for you harder and found you sooner enough "Finding someone you love and who loves you back is a wonderful, wonderful feeling. But finding a true soul mate is an even better feeling. A soul mate is someone who understands you like no other, loves you like no other, will be there for you forever, no matter what. They say that nothing lasts forever, but I am a firm believer in the fact that for some, love lives on even after we're gone."

You gave me your pure heart to make me strong,And blessed me with your love. I trust you so much for all you've done advice,Love.care,support and I promise I will never let you down because if I hurt you I hurt my self. Please remember I love you and there's no life for me with out you.

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.I love you because you understand me,take the time to teach me,support me,and encourage me to reach my goals.

I WOULD HOLD YOUR HEART MORE TENDERLY THAN MY OWN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoICkw_C5Zw
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:55 pm

Another promise broken (December 2018): the scammer claimed he was back in the US, but he was unable to find time for meeting the victim in person.

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018, Eric Dill <ericdill101@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for this warm email but you could at least talk to me on phone let me pour my heart out to you so you can understand me better...You can’t just leave me like that..It’s so unfair

Of course, another money request...

He told me his daughter needed school Supplies. He was to return for Christmas 2018 he called and says he was home but came up with excuse that his company hadn’t sent his funds yet. He left to go back to oil rig early January saying he lost everything and had to work to make it up - for us, for our future.

Begin of 2019, the scammer asked for gift cards. The victim obliged. She decided to see what he bought and one was a one month subscription to Match. com (dating site).

The scammer was fast to justify:

Date: Mon, Feb 25, 2019

I did not join a website babes I gave it out to my boss ,it’s something I’d like to talk on the phone with you
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:58 pm

In July, 2019, the scammer asked the victim to open a company. The victim asked for details and this is what she received:

Date: Tue, Jul 30, 2019
Subject: Answer

Hello dear. I have a few questions regarding this llc.
Thanks for finding this service. I don’t know that I could have done this on my own. Can you
Okay so name of company is xxx? Yeah
What kind of company? xxx Global incorporated ..They provide engineering contracting services
Which incorporation package did you want to use and how do I pay for it? You’ll call them and ask them their packages and advantages so they will explain all for you
Whose name will this company be in? Mine but you’re the resident agent
After it’s done, what are our legal obligations? Taxes, paperwork? They’ll do that for us
You’ve been in touch with this man so can I reference you when I contact him? He will have some idea of what you want? Not really was just a contact that was given to me
What will I have to do for the company in order for it to succeed and be in compliance with state and federal laws? They’ll do that for us too
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:01 pm

Guilt-tripping the victim for her doubts about payments.

November 4, 2019:

Eric Dill <ericdill101@gmail.com> wrote:

I want to say a big thank you for everything in life that you’ve done for me..I guess maybe am not the right man for you that’s why you blocked me which is understandable and yes I do love you but maybe am not the one for you I guess that’s why all these happened at the same time we ought to be together soon but just like Thomas Hedderman ”it is What it is”..I love you very much but maybe love is not enough for you and you let your emotions get the better of you..Even when you’re angry with me I don’t come after you or block you or even say such to you..I have learned to understand you and your person which makes it easier for me to handle it whenever such situations arises,everyone has flaws but you have to love the person and their flaws together..Thanks for this wonderful lifetime which I want with you but you want something else..Love
Eric

You’re overthinking things that are not even there,Believe me that’s what you’re doing Jim cause if it’s really there we would not be together through thick and thin..Do you have someone else already just tell me ??

I did not say you’re cheating on me,I only asked if you already found someone else that you should tell me..I never said you’re cheating but the treatment have been getting from you lately makes me feel like I’m no longer your Viking just a man by the road..I know how highly you treat me as your man but lately I feel less..

I’m sorry my woman..Yes I do love you and you know that deep down inside you but you’re doing this lately to hurt me why ?

I didn’t ask you to help me do a wire transfer today..I mean everything to you and all the time you always threaten to leave me really ??

Nobody buys bitcoin of $800 with wire transfer rather just credit cards alone..I know you’re angry but we ought to be more than having such conversations with anger
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:03 pm

Last thing the scammer asked the victim to do - a payment of $900.

Date: Tue, Dec 10, 2019
Subject: WU Details

Below is the WU details

Name:-Hill D. B.
Address:-xxx Conyers Georgia 30013
Thanks
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby firefly » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:16 pm

The pictures received are reported online for being used in similar scams. The same stolen pictures are used even today on various dating sites, with different names and locations. The real owner of the stolen pictures used is a pastor in USA. The scammers stole the pictures from his church website and from online profiles of real people posting pictures with their pastor.

With the fake identity used in the reported fraud above, he was on Twitter, as @ericedill1 - the account is now suspended.

jake willis
59, Man, Single
Manchester, United Kingdom
Looks for:
Single Woman, Couple
50 - 64 years
Within 100 kms
Long-term dating, Short-term dating, Friendship
am just a neutra person but you can still ask me for more ............
love going to beach and camping

jakewillis.JPG

william / williammark4 - I need love
59 , Capricorn
United States of America, University City
I'm looking for: a woman aged 42 to 70 for starting a family.
Am a. God fearing man down to earth who is ready to give and take love

william.JPG

Robertm - Life is too short to be wasted
Name: Robert Mccarthy
I am: Male

robertm.JPG

joekindheart - looking for positive relationship
State: Iowa City: stacyville Zip: 50476

Life is a gift that has been given to us and everyday new delights and miracles are awaiting to be discovered.I walk a path of happiness and harmony and I serve love, light and life...I want to be a better person than yesterday and I would like to see the world become a more peaceful place to live in...I have been alone for a while and I am ready now to look for a life partner who will make me weak in my knees from joy and happiness.

joekindheart.JPG

JAMESTRAVIS
62 - STRAIGHT
FLORIDA, UNITED STATES
I am an attractive, affectionate, sensual, confident, energetic, giving, caring, compassionate person who is drug, disease and drama free. I am happy with my life but there is room for more, could it be you ??im widowed and left with one daughter,looking for the right woman to be with.

jamestravis.JPG

goodluck233

goodluck233.JPG

firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Return to Romance scams.