Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

reyesjmk12@gmail.com John Mark Reyes

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

reyesjmk12@gmail.com John Mark Reyes

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:35 pm

Form received 2019-12-28 03:01:38

What name did the scammer use?:
John Mark Reyes

How old did the scammer say they were?:

What site/app did you first meet the scammer on? Please provide a link if
possible.:
Facebook

Who made the first contact?:
They contacted me first.

If they asked you to leave the site/app and go elsewhere, where did they
take you?:
WhatsApp

Scammer's email address if you have it.:
reyesjmk12@gmail.com

If they gave you a phone number, please add it here.:
+1 (302) 485-9512

How much money did they demand?:
£1000

Name you were told to send the money to.:
Nichelle Washington

What country/city were you told to send the money to?:
New York

How were you to send the money ?:
Money gram

What steps, if any, have you already taken to block the scammer?:
I haven’t.... I’ve gave him £450 via amazon cards. I’ll miss him.
He got me good
=
+13024859512
Number billable as geographic
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location Delaware
Attachments
EBB22465-5FC2-4970-A393-6C4CB70A0E15_6vznmd.jpeg
280A1B2D-E882-4478-B581-AA3218253535_xk78qh.jpeg
A5909FB4-7126-48CA-9180-5FECF7514B84_7pr9gf.jpeg
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Re: reyesjmk12@gmail.com John Mark Reyes

Unread postby SALowry1429 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:57 am

I also was scammed by this person. They had made a Facebook Dating profile saying that they were 30 years old. They kept trying to get me send money to them, but I told "him" that I wasn't comfortable with it multiple times. He kept calling me "my love", "hun", "honey", "babe", along with saying that he loves me and that I am his perfect woman and he wants to "spend the rest of his life" with me. I feel so ashamed that I had ever responded to him. I never gave him my credit card number, but I was stupid enough to give him my State ID card and social security card. I blocked and reported him to WhatsApp and blocked him on Facebook Messenger.

Gallery: https://scamsurvivors.com/piwigo/index. ... egory/2963
SALowry1429
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:12 am

SALowry1429,

Thank you for the update. Don't blame yourself, it can happen to anyone. Glad you have not sent him money.

Please use https://www.usa.gov/identity-theft to report the State ID card and social security card situation - he might use the documents to impersonate you or to apply for credit / benefits while pretending to be you.

Can you please post here some of the messages / pictures he sent? Be sure you remove your name from the messages if mentioned.

If you are unsure what is relevant to be posted, please use my email address (you can find it below) and forward to me what you have - in this way I can post on your behalf. The details you share might save someone else soon.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby SALowry1429 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:30 am

Actually, as it turns out, he didn't scam me. I just talked to him and tried to get his email. He definitely has a military one that he uses, but can't give it to me because it's not allowed. Also, it's not the same person in the photos you posted.
SALowry1429
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:33 pm

You said:

I also was scammed by this person

Actually, as it turns out, he didn't scam me

Even if no money lost, that does not mean it is not a scam. Identity theft is also a crime done online, and if he has copies of your identity documents this might end bad for you.

They kept trying to get me send money to them

- this is all you need to be sure you dealt with a scammer.

it's not the same person in the photos you posted.

I would kindly remind you that you posted the new pictures in a topic where there were already posted images of another person. At this stage, we don't know what name "he" was using with you, what was his email address etc. For this reason my request for details. Usually we keep one single person stolen pictures reported in one topic. Despite of being someone else in the pictures you posted, we cannot move the post until we have some elements about the fake character you claimed you were communicating with online - name, email address, money requests...

If you feel you have any intention of posting any of the needed elements mentioned, feel free to do it. Otherwise we will wait until someone else get scammed with these stolen pictures and we hope that someone else might be able to provide the details needed for this post to be moved in it's own topic.

Thank you.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby SALowry1429 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:35 am

You were totally right, he did scam me! He definitely did all of these! I did a reverse image search for him and his image was on a scam site! He said that "people use his image to tarnish him". He threatened to have my own parents arrested for making up lies about him when he was the liar himself! I asked him to make a Facebook account. He promised me that he would, but I know that he's not going to. He sent my Dad this new picture today. He looks like the same guy in yours. He even made many errors when he talked to my dad. I'm not talking to him anymore since I reported him and blocked him on WhatsApp. I also reported to the FTC about my information being stolen by him. Thanks so much for your support!

Any love interest who asks you to give them money on a gift card, by money transfer, or cryptocurrency is a scammer. Period.
Romance scammers profess love quickly. They might say they can’t meet you because they’re overseas for business or military service — but, during the pandemic, they might just say they’re locked down.
Romance scammers might try to lure you off the dating site.
Scammers will find a reason to ask you for money — maybe to buy a phone card to keep chatting, maybe to help with a “medical emergency,” or maybe something else.
Romance scammers sometimes build interesting dating profiles. But try a reverse-image search of the profile pictures. Are any photos associated with another name, or with details that don’t match up? That’s just more proof that it’s a scam.

SALowry1429
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:47 am

Fake name used?

Email address?

Phone number?
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby rnashley » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:59 am

I was also contacted by someone using this image and the name "John Reyes" but I busted him pretty early on. He told me he was 36 and from Edgewood, NM, used Whats App to communicate and even did a video call. However, the video call was very brief and I could not hear anything, so I think he was using a pre-recorded video of this person. It makes me wonder if the real person in the pictures is somehow involved. In one of the pictures, his uniform says "Reyes." I filed a complaint with the Army's CIC. I also found a Facebook profile using the name John Reyes and New Mexico, but that profile seemed to be geared toward men because 1 like was Grinder and all the friends were men. I also found a Cadet Reyes at Commonwealth Challenge Youth Academy that I believe is this person. I have also emailed them. I found this site by doing a reverse image search on Google. When I confronted him, he tried to get me to take a picture of a gift card and send it to him because it would cost him money to take his mail out. When I told him about the Army's online dating guidelines saying service members will never ask for money or gift cards and were never charged money for their mail, he did not respond.

rnashley
New survivor

Unread postby rnashley » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:59 am

I also found a Facebook dating profile using the name Dario.
rnashley
New survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:28 pm

rnashley
Thank you for the information concerning the scammer. Mr. Reyes is not part of the scam but is another victim of the scammer. Please add as much information as possible concerning the scammer.

E-mails, E-mail addresses, & Phone numbers are all helpful.

You should stop all contact with the scammer.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Next

Return to Romance scams.