Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Honj2858@gmail.com Oil Rig Enginner Romance Scam Anyone?

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Unread postby fallenangel » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:49 am

I have just been scammed recently. The pictures used were of a good looking Asian man who went by the name of John Hong and pretended to be an oil rig engineer from NY but was currently working in Kuwait. We met on a local dating app and then moved on to WhatsApp. We added each other on Facebook, he only had six friends, he told me his old account was hacked and the one he was using was a new one, just a week later, his profile disappeared, he told me it had been hacked again, I should have known it was a lie and he was a scam. Two weeks later he changed his phone number, telling me his phone had been hacked too. I should have seen red flags everywhere but I was so blinded by his “sweetness”. The whole saga lasted for about 2 months, and I was $12.000 out. How stupid. It was only until few days ago when his stories started to fall apart then I started googling on online scams, and realized I have been a victim. It was a generic story apparently, he had a sob backstory, ex cheated on him, only child, parents were dead, and he had an 11 year old son. He sent me some photos of “himself” but told me for security reasons he wasn’t allowed to video chat with anyone outside the rig. He was being all sweet and caring, your typical smooth operator, and within few days he told me he loved me and wanted us to get married when he got out of the rig to visit me. Then along with time, he said he didn’t have access to his bank account in States and he needed money for his sick son who had gotten into a bad accident and needed surgery. Softhearted and foolish, I believed him and sent him money. He told me to help him did some money transfer through his offshore bank account Kruzk bank (which I later on discovered was a total fake bank and was used for scam purpose), gave me his username and password to access the account with over a million dollars inside, but when “the bank” asked for some TAX code, he then told me he had forgotten to pay his tax, and asked me to help him pay first. He showed me his payslip too, issued by Kuwait National Petroleum, which I saw on this website was apparently a fake document that has been used by other scammers before. When I told him I didn’t have that much money, he turned mean towards me, but changed his attitude when he realized he still had his game. He then asked me to help him book his air ticket back to NY to settle his bank issues, I did, of course. And when he got to the airport, he realized his visa had expired, first he asked me for more money to renew his visa, and after I sent him those, he then told me the local custom gave him problems by blackmailing him for more money, and of course he asked me to “save him” by transferring him the money to his “agent” with a Turkish bank account. I did, of course, foolishly. When he realized I have no more money to give him, he blocked me on WhatsApp, and emailed me once every few days, saying his phone had been confiscated by the custom officer, and he was trying his best to connect with me, asking me for more money. He avoided my questions asking for more details about his situation, and when I suggested him to head to the embassy for help, he kept saying that would get him into more trouble. I finally realized something was really wrong and decided to do my own research on the whole matter, and that’s when I realized I have been scammed. I’ve tried using google reverse image to find out who the person in the pictures really was, but i found nothing at all, it’s very strange, because I’m pretty sure the real person is a public profile. I tried to attach all the pictures I have on here but it says files are too big, I couldn’t even attach one picture. He sent me a picture of his driver’s license too, that I later on discovered was of course a fake one. If there is any admin here or anyone at all who could help me search for the real person behind the pictures just for closure sake for myself, I would be really grateful. I know I shouldn’t contact the real person for any reason at all, but I’m just really curious about who he is, and I need a closure. I have gone through your gallery here of pictures used for scam, but I didn’t see his pictures at all. Please let me know what email address I could send the pictures to, or how i could send the pictures to anyone at all here for documentation purposes and also hopefully to help me find out who he truly is. Please help. Thanks.

Here are the email address he used and phone numbers too.

Honj2858@gmail.com
+1 (518) 871-8741
+1 (518) 644-0019
fallenangel
New survivor

Unread postby Big Al » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:32 am

I have sent you an E-mail. Check your spam folder if it's not in your main one.

Phones:
+15188718741
Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location Saratoga Springs, NY
Original network provider* Paetec Communications, Inc. - Ny

+15186440019
Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location Bolton Landing, NY
Original network provider* Verizon New York Inc.
"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Return to Romance scams.