Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Dating site scammer

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Dating site scammer

Unread postby Bibby1976 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi. Please watch out for this profile if your on the dating site POF as I believe it’s a fake and also a potential scammer too. The username is Allennn17
This person messaged me as we both matched each other. He was very quick to ask me to speak to him via Viber which I did.
Within a couple of weeks he was very quick to confess his love for me and the desire to be together. On his profile it says he’s from London but he told me he opened that when he was on a business trip from the US. Apparently he lives in Long Island, New York.

I had alarm bells ring from then but I carried on taking to him. He has accepted a contract in Ghana and has apparently flown over there as the contract is worth millions, which he said will benefit both of us. As suspected; he hasn’t asked for any money, however he text to say his card had been declined by 3 hotels when he tried to book in. He rang his bank who explained they had blocked the card and can send him a new one in 21 days time. His words to me were “this is the worst day of my life”.
As I said he didn’t ask for any money but I know this question may just come up. Or something is going to happen to him as he’s booked in to a very dodgy hotel in Ghana and told me he doesn’t feel safe.

This person is obviously not who he says he is and I would like to alert people to this and to avoid him at all costs as he may be scamming people all over the place. Plus on his POF profile it says he’s looking for a female, not a male. So why is he chatting to me and calling me “babe” and “baby”
Bibby1976
New survivor

Re: Dating site scammer

Unread postby Big Al » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:23 pm

Thank you for the information you have posted above. What you posted as "His Story" is very typical of romance scams. They use Babe or Baby a lot so they don't have to remember the intended victim's name. Is there anything else you can add?

E-mails, E-mail addresses, Phone Numbers, Photos & fake documents are all helpful.

From POF.

Allennn17: IN SERACH FOR LOVE
About Non-Smoker with Average body type
City London, UK
Details 37 year old Male, 5' 7" (170cm), Catholic
Ethnicity Caucasian, Taurus
Intent Allennn17 wants to find someone to marry.
Education Bachelors Degree
Personality Adventurer
Profession Contractor
I am Seeking a Woman
Do you drink? Socially
Do you want children? Undecided/Open
Marital Status Single
Do you do drugs? No
Hair Color Brown
Eye Color Blue
Do you have a car? Yes
Do you have children? No
Longest Relationship Over 3 years
How ambitious are you? Ambitious
Pets Dog

About Allen
I'm a cool minded person , I love being straight forward in my activities with people, the reason my folks like me is just because of my policy of being simple as I believe Greatness lays In Simplicity..

Conversation Starters
Making her laugh and getting to know more about her.

"Look for the lies."
Being Blackmailed? Go here and do this first: https://blackmailscams.com/
The information you supply can help others from becoming Victims.
Big Al
"Little pee nut" admin.

Re: Dating site scammer

Unread postby SlapHappy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Bibby1976,

Stop all contact with the scammer in order to protect all the other victims of this scammer, and please add all the information that Big Al asked you for.

Please do your part and give us all your scammer's details
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19#p176342
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Return to Romance scams.