Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

rollingsmith@yahoo.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

rollingsmith@yahoo.com

Unread postby mamajack » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:49 am

I do not have all my messages as I deleted them a long time ago, but my story involves a guy called himself Robert Smith from Bristol UK who introduced himself on Facebook and wanted to be my friend. I resisted for about 6-8 wks but then his good looks and charm won me over and I relented. We messaged back and forth often and he gained my confidence and trust even though sometimes I questioned some strange things that didn't feel quite right. I read a story on here about another guy who also worked on a ship and was in danger of sea pirates and he needed to get his valuables off the ship and he was desperate. This is EXACTLY the same scenario I got told and I was sympathetic until I received a letter wanting $800.00 so that he could send me his valuables and he would pick them up soon. That was when I became suspicious and told him he was lying. He got very defensive and played on my good nature and said how could I abandon him at a time like this when he loves me and he needs me now. I didn't buy into it thank god! I questioned the unprofessionalness of the so called diplomatic secured organisation and their validity, got rude responses which confirmed my suspicions that this was all a scam. Even when I messaged him back and told him about his lying a** he tried to turn it around on me and feel guilty about not helping him. I am so glad that I came to my senses before I did something I truly regret however the whole situation left me feeling incredibly stupid and angry.
I hope this picture loads correctly so you can see the scumbag
Last edited by firefly on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: email adress into subject matter
mamajack
Junior survivor

Re: almost got caught!

Unread postby firefly » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:54 am

Welcome on ScamSurvivors, mamajack,

glad to hear you have not fall in this trap. Do you have more details about this one? His email adress, for example, details about him from his first conversation, phone number, money request, the destination for the money delivery? If you have, can you post them, please? Every Info can help other potential victim.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: almost got caught!

Unread postby mamajack » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:12 am

Yes his email address is rollingsmith@yahoo.com. He said he was half polish and lived in Poland as a young child and moved back to UK when he was 30 yrs old, he is now 40 years old. Told me he had a 9 yr old daughter called Chelsea. The ship he said he was on was called Adeline D, he gave me a ph # which I called 44 8448024657 I think I rememberd that correctly. His first message went along the lines of hi I was looking for an old friend and came across your beautiful unforgettable smile. when I asked if he found the friend he was looking for he said he couldn't continue with the search as he was taken with my smile. The money request was for $820.00 to be sent to diplomatic secured organisation in Kuala Lampur by money gram which was supposed to be fees for forwarding his vault box to me that supposedly had thousands and thousands of dollars in it. That was when I truly knew that it was a scam!! These guys are very good but I did spot flaws in their info and messages which helped me keep my guard up somewhat

+448448024657
Last edited by firefly on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed the phone number
mamajack
Junior survivor

Re: rollingsmith@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:29 am

Thank you for the update.

On Facebook,
Robert Smith
Active since March 26, 2012.

On hi5,
Robert S
Profile Views:3784 times

Report on thescambuster.co.uk:

All ladies becareful a man named Robert Smith. He is a Cheater/ Scammer / Liar. His email account is - rollingsmith@yahoo.com He telling people that he is an marine engineer, lived in Bristol UK, working on cargo ship, now on the way to Australia. But unloading in Malaysia now. Giving you a Malaysia phone number to contact him +601116235495 or +60149238696. When you ask him to talk with you on cam, he will tell you that ( can't talk with you on a cam, because its attached to the radar monitor detector and the radar monitor was out of order). He tried to proposed to me and put enaged with me on his tagged and facebook proflie to prove that he loves me. When you found out that he was still talking with other woman online, he will tell you that his account has been hacked by someone else, or his crew men on the ship. He never talk with other woman. Than promise me come to see me, when he was supposed to be on flight, suddenly a man from Malaysia Custom called me on phone, telling me that he has carried a big amount of "CASH" with him, and was caught by the custom. Ask me to send money to release him. Once I told him, I will not send money he deleted me at once on facebook and tagged. So never believe anyone from the internet asking you for money. Becaureful Ladies

The phone numbers +601116235495 or +60149238696 are both from Malaysia.

+601116235495
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination Malaysia
City or exchange location Sarawak
Original network provider* MTX

+60149238696
Number billable as mobile number
Country or destination Malaysia
Original network provider* DiGi Telecom
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:21 am

Read this topic, mamajack. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1059
This scam involved "diplomatic secured organisation" with some slightly altered spelling.
"DIPLOMATIC SECURED ORGANIZATION"

If any of the information there is the exact or different information, please let us know. Thanks.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby mamajack » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:53 am

this is exactly the SOB who tried to scam me!!! All the details are the same except for Malaysian customs he threw in the possiblilty of pirates in area and needed to send his vault box off ship. Do you know if that is his actual picture or does he have someone else using his picture?
mamajack
Junior survivor

Unread postby mamajack » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:00 am

Was asking about the picture because if someone was to recognise him I would hope he could be arrested
mamajack
Junior survivor

Unread postby SlapHappy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:05 am

Scammers use stolen pictures of innocent people they steal from the internet. And if is the same exact scammer, he is using two different sets of pictures and different email addresses. However, scammers do share "formats" or "Scripts" from other scammers, so they may be two different scammers.
The only way to tell if the same guy is by email address or bank account number.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby mamajack » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:02 pm

I have an amendment to the phone number he gave me the correct number is 44 8448024657
mamajack
Junior survivor

Unread postby mamajack » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:17 am

although I am sure I will never fall for this again could any one of the forum moderators explain how to read the email headers you mentioned in FAQ's
mamajack
Junior survivor

Next

Return to Romance scams.