Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

rollingsmith@yahoo.com

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Re: rollingsmith@yahoo.com

Unread postby SlapHappy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:06 am

mamajack,

You must have missed the Important Information Section of our forum that has topics
about headers and IPs. Read these. There are online tools mentioned to find and check them.

Headers. What needs to be put into a report here? A guide.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1878

Great sites for finding & checking email headers and IPs
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50

WHAT ARE IP ADDRESSES AND WHY ARE THEY SO IMPORTANT?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55

Our forum is filled with useful information to keep you safer online.
I encourage you to take the time to read all the "Stickies" - Light Bulb symbols
on the topics at the very top of each section here.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

Unread postby Wulf » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:43 am

This jerk tried to do the same to me!! Said pirates were close to the ship he was on!!!
I told him he was ridiculous to think I would go for any of this! He still has tried to play on my good nature!! hahah
what a jerk, I have more photos,..
He said he was Robert Smith, born July 16th 1970, daughter 9 year old Chelsea, who stayed with the principal back in England. Said his Ex cheated on him, with his best friend, and married him. lol
Wulf
New survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:10 am

Welcome. Good to hear you saw the scammer for what he is. If you have any other information then please post it up to help warn others.
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

Unread postby Wulf » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:26 am

what other things can be of help? I do have the emails he sent,..
One of the phony emails begging for help and money:

Robert Smith
Jan 17

to me
Hi Baby,
thanks for your assistance i really appreciate, I also thank you for your prayers and love you have shown to me, darling i will never forget you, i trust you with all my heart, honey i have sent the vault box.
They have collected it here about some 20 minutes ago, probably the security company will call you to confirm if you're the right person, please always be close to your phone just tell them that they should send it to you immediately, the company is not aware of what is inside the shipment(vault box) and so i do not even tell them because i don't trust anybody except you, just follow their instructions.
Baby when you get the vault box please open it safely and keep the money in a safe place or in your bank account, Baby this is the Unlock code number to the vault box, is KE7737373GA, please keep it secret. I will join you very soon as soon as I am through with this problem in the ship.
God helping us please pray for me. I have not slept since yesterday we are still working in the engine room, I have paid the charges here in the ship to send the shipment (vault box) to you, I also ask them if you will pay any charges there to receive it, but they told me you are only going to pay for some local charges to enable their office in Malaysia deliver the shipment to you. Malaysia is the nearest country to where we are having problems I had wanted to pay but they told me that it had to be paid to their office in Malaysia because their office in Malaysia have to pay Malaysia government tax and local bills before making delivery of the vault to you, I wanted to pay but they also told me they don't know how much it will cost, that the Malaysia office knows the exact amount. So whatever amount they ask from you for the vat and local charges please go ahead and send it to them when they arrive Malaysia.
As soon as you receive the Vault open the box remove whatever you must have sent to them and keep the remaining till I come over. Attached to this email is an Airway bill and Deposit Certificate issued to me by the security company here in the sea, that's what you will show to them when they deliver the vault to you.if possible Scan and Photostat the Air Way Bill receipt, please make sure you keep this receipt to yourself alone, Also know that the company is a Diplomatic secured Organization. (security company) and nobody will question them until they get to your destination.
Baby, it is only the both of us that knows what is inside the vault box please keep it to yourself because you do not know who is who, take care of yourself and be safe. i am so restless now. Honey i love you more than words could describe, you are my heart and my joy. thank you so much
Thanks for your help I really appreciate in a million fold......
Please let me know when you get my email

Yours,
Robert Smith.
Wulf
New survivor

Unread postby mamajack » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:39 pm

When I read your email details it is like word for word what he sent to me!!! So glad you didn't fall for it, I feel sorry for the ones that fall for it, preying on person's good nature and kind souls. I must admit that he had me fooled until he asked for the money to release his "box" to me, then I told him to carry his @$$!
mamajack
Junior survivor

Unread postby firefly » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:04 pm

Wulf,

did he used the same email address or a different one? Do you know one phone number used by him? Are other characters involved in this scam, who sent you emails? If yes, can you post those details, please? Any new info can save a potential victim.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Unread postby Wulf » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:57 pm

It looks like all the info he is using is the same, same email, same daughter.
He did call the house, tried to have me call the "ship", I just told him the number would not go through.
He is on a site called Tagged. I let them know he is a scammer.
Wulf
New survivor

Unread postby firefly » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:52 pm

About:
I let them know he is a scammer.

Bad move. Now he will change his email address and will replace this set of stolen pictures with another set of stolen pictures, dragging his victims with him. Entire work to document his scam activity is wasted and he will be reported again just AFTER he will made another victim and just IF this victim will report him.

Stop the contact with the scammer after you know is a scammer has two meanings:
First - to protect you not to fall again in the same trap and to keep you safe - some people may return to the scammer, believing their stories or by fear, so long the scammer has the real life details about the victim and can use them
Second - to let the scammer believed he is not exposed - in this way he will use same contact details and anyone can find him reported online searching by those contact details.
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Frankly Marshall

Unread postby mamajack » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:56 am

Hi haven't been on here in a while but received in my facebook messages today a message from a guy calling himself Frankly Marshall. Anyone familiar with this name as his opening message seems eerily familiar " I was going through profiles and i found yours, eye catching.I will like to know you beyond this profile and i am happy to contact you after going through your profile." Tip off bad grammar like english is not first language and same theme as the last scammer that tried to scam me.
mamajack
Junior survivor

Unread postby Wayne » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:36 am

Certainly sounds like a scammer to me. Can you post his details up in the forum for us?
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

PreviousNext

Return to Romance scams.