Advert.

Do NOT tell your scammer he is posted here, or report their accounts as it puts others at risk!

Scammers abusing stolen photos of Jeffrey Miller

This section deals specifically with online romance scams. The images used by the scammers are stolen from innocent people, usually from their social media pages.

Re: Scammers abusing stolen photos of J.Miller

Unread postby Wayne » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi. Is he using a different name or email address too?
Click HERE for webcam blackmail/sextortion help.
Do NOT email me for sextortion help. Use the link above. If you ignore this, your message WILL be deleted.
Wayne
Site owner/"cruel and sarcastic" admin.

millerrobert972@gmail.com

Unread postby firefly » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:30 am

The victim met the scammer on eharmony, but the profile is no more active.

Email address used: millerrobert972@gmail.com
Yahoo username in chat: millerrobert972
Phone number used : +19092370568

Number billable as geographic number
Country or destination United States
City or exchange location Rialto, CA
Original network provider* Global Crossing Local Services, Inc.-ca

"Global Crossing operates as an integrated global service provider with operations on six continents, and services that support a migration path to a fully converged IP environment. GCL’s network delivers services to more than 690 cities in more than 60 countries"...
Help yourself by helping others - report your scammer here.
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26504
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

millerrobert972@gmail.com

Unread postby Manny » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:11 am

I met a man claiming to be Robert Miller on eharmony. His profile has since been closed. He claimed to be a military officer currently deployed to Iraq. Scheduled to return/retire on 8/31/2013. After the guided communication through eharmony he indicated that it would be easier to communicated via email. Below is the first email I received outside of eharmony.

After a few more emails he began professing his love. Skilled at the art of wooing and manipulating. He suggested chatting through yahoo messenger and the answers to questions became more vague. After about three weeks of communication I questioned if he was real. He inquired as to what proof I needed. A couple of days later, a gigantic arrangement of flowers was delivered to my work. A few days later his request for help came. He told me that he was on a mission to rescue an Iraqi business man. The business man was so thankful for being saved that he gave the soldiers gold bars. He needed me to accept the delivery of the gold bars until he returns to the states. I was skeptical but was smitten. After a long discussion, I told him I would think about it. I next received an email from the courier of the gold bars, Dorglo Willford <usarmywilldorg@hotmail.com> stating that in order to send the gold bars to me it would cost $2,800. In a chat the next morning, the man posing as Robert Miller, asked me send them money to release the bars and he would pay me back when he picks them up from me. I informed him that I did not have the money.

Attached are the pictures he provided.

First email
Thanks for the message, I really appreciate it.Yes in my profile I stated that I am spiritual and not religious, but it doesn't mean I don't go to church. I am a stanch born again Christian and I believe been in the house of the Lord all the time edifies the body and soul and makes us grow spiritually, but I just don't go to any church because most pastors have different interpretation of the word of God. I hope you understand what I mean, If I do find a good church that preaches what Christ preached, I am in. Now let me tell you something about myself.
My name is Robert Miller as you already know, with a dual citizenship British and American,I was born and bred in the town called lock haven in Pennsylvania, 46 years ago by a British mother called Karen and an American father called Paul.Talking about my family background am the only child of my late parents. That reminds me of a good and lovely family we were together in lock haven.I love life, love my family and still have some love to share with a special woman.I was married for 19 years but unfortunately, My partner and baby died in labor rendering me a widower now and childless. Well I believe God has his own purpose for that. I am a military personnel, army job has taken me to over 22 countries of the world ranging from Asia, middle east , Europe ,ocean and Africa I do basically the the front line aspect of the military that is the infantry regiment. We have worked at many countries across the globe. The present mission is my last on the field and i shall quit and settle down to have a woman to spend the rest of my life with.Life can be lonely without someone,i am a person who is very real when it comes to life and its' issues. I wouldn't like to commence much but rather everyone has an objective of joining a dating site. I don't request for anything rather than loving and happy committed relationship with someone special that I can spend the rest of my life with .Always thank God for my life,I am not a fighter and I don't argue, life is too short but I do value friendship and intimacy. Respect is one of the most important requisites in a relationship, as honesty and commitment. I believe either of us had in mind of meeting someone special online but it has just come to pass with our personality description towards learning few things about each other. I'm ready to fall in love with someone special whoever that happens to be, there are few qualities which talks about genuine woman in relationship, such as faithfulness, loyalty, trustworthy, honesty, respectful etc. I guess having those qualities in relationship can really help a lot. I am not looking to fill a void in my life; I am looking for my soul mate, I consider myself a very easy going person. I love to cook and a perfect evening would be to decide on a wonderful menu and cook together while enjoying a fine glass of red wine and great music. I enjoy many type of music from easy listening jazz to classical to country western especially Ian Tyson. I love to have adventures, large or small, and am looking for someone to share them with. I look into the future with hope and would like to create a relationship based on respect, understanding, trust and love, seeking a relationship with longevity and not just something that will end in just a blink of an eye.I have a great sense of humor and can dish it out to make a sad day enjoyable. Honestly I've all that it takes to be a man, I don't really need anything from my partner. May be in terms of circumstances there might be some kind of help from each other, helping to make things right. Its not all that easy meeting that rightful woman with all those qualities which I'm dreaming off. I am a very sincere person who laughs easily, loves to tease and be teased and who communicates openly and honestly. I pride myself in being independent both emotionally and financially. I have reached the point where I am looking for someone who is open to a new friendship and maybe even a committed relationship. I have been lonely for a long time . I love life and would like to live it to the fullest, but its not all that easy without someone to share those life experiences with. I think two heads are better than one.I will end here and continue with my work,hope to hear from you soon.take care and have a wonderful day.

Manny
New survivor

Re: millerrobert972@gmail.com

Unread postby SlapHappy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:14 am

Manny,

I'm sorry that you were scammed. :(
Thanks for coming here and posting the scammer's details to help save others.
The most important thing is to remain silent and strong, and do not have any more contact with him.
He must remain in the dark that his details are posted here, so that the rest of his victims can find your posts and get help in stopping the scam. Say nothing to him at all, not even goodbye (or go to Hell.)
Block him in chat, and phone. If blocking his number is too difficult or he changes numbers, you may want to consider changing yours so you will not be annoyed by his calls. Do not open any of his emails. Delete them unopened, as he might be able to tell you opened them and will continue to send them to you. He will try and get you back, and might even try using a new email, chat, or phone number to reach you. Ignore every attempt. If his attempts bother you, change your email address and chat name.

To help with the hurt feelings and thoughts you have now, go read this.
Closure. When will this all end? NEW! Coping Strategies! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4509

If you need any help, just post here, PM one of us staff, or drop by the Live Help room.
If anyone asks you for money on the Internet they are always a scammer, 100% of the time.
Blackmail Scammed? Go here: https://www.scamsurvivors.com/blackmail/#/
FAQ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Victim of a scam? Go here: https://scamsurvivors.com/forum/viewtop ... =3&t=26504
SlapHappy
Retired admin/co creator

Location: Just a face in a magazine, watching you post your scammer's details.

generalwilliamsbrownwilliams@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:08 am

On net log,

Hello my dear my name is LIEUTENANT GENERAL Williams Brown I was (born August 8, 1967) I am from United States Army general who currently serves as Commanding General, United States Forces? in Afghanistan Kabul now I am in Afghanistan Kabul for peacekeeping now sorry I went through your profile in this site i was so impressed i am looking for a decent and a honest and sincere, faithful woman and I will like to know more about you to establish a serious relationship with you I really like you can we be good friend please try and add me on face book I will like to chat with you so that u will see all my profile pictures on face book or if you have yahoo ID you can reply me back with your yahoo ID this is my face book ID try and add me now ( LieutenantgeneralWilliamsbrown ) thanks and have a nice day

okay my dear i thank you for your reply please try and reply me back with your yahoo ID so that we can meet online and chat and know each other more thanks and have a nice day

please if your serious to know more about me try and add me in yahoo messenger and chat with me online and know more about me thanks generalwilliamsbrownwilliams@yahoo.com

Profile elements:

brownlieutenantgeneral - no picture
male - 45 years, New York City, United States

Name LieutenantGeneral Brown
Date of birth 08/08/1967
Location New York City United States
Native language English
Company Commanding General, United States Forces
Profession Commanding General, United States Forces (Soldier/Police/Security)
Looking for Friendship Relationship Business contacts Job offers Partnerships
Hobbies I need serious relationship
Love status Single
I fancy Men and women
my name is LIEUTENANT GENERAL Williams Brown I was (born August 8, 1967) I am from United States Army general who currently serves as Commanding General, United States Forces? in Afghanistan Kabul now I am in Afghanistan Kabul for peacekeeping now
Google can be your best friend;use it if you have doubts about someone met online. If someone met online only asks for money, no matter what reason, it´s 100% scam.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: generalwilliamsbrownwilliams@yahoo.com

Unread postby firefly » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:12 am

Image - photoshoped. The original picture were stolen from http:/ /www.upi.com /News_Photos/News/Obama-awards-Sgt-1st-Class-Petry-the-Medal-of-Honor/5398/.

On Facebook,

Williams Brown aka williams.brown.9659
Studied at Royal Military Academy
Lives in Usa, Ghazni, Afghanistan

Mixed gallery used:

firefly
"Nut job" admin.

robert.Cathy@outlook.com

Unread postby ShonaMerc » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:11 pm

Robert McCarty Miller is the name he use with me robert.Cathy@outlook.com fortunately I realise something was not quite right and found a lot of similar Scams on the internet. I feel so stupid thanks to these cruel people I was so nearly hooked.
ShonaMerc
New survivor

Re: robert.Cathy@outlook.com

Unread postby firefly » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, ShonaMerc. Glad you have not fall for this.

Can you post more details about this one, please? It would be great if you have his profile details from the site you met him, first 2 emails received from him, pictures (if are other as those already posted here), any other details (like phone number for example). If he asked you for money in any way, please add the content of the message about this as well. Your info may save other potential victims.
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

Re: robert.cathy@outlook.com

Unread postby ShonaMerc » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:14 am

I met this guy calling himself Robert McCarthy on Match.com. He used Lt Jeffrey Millers pictures then added Miller to his surname. I checked out the IP addresses in the header which came back to San Fransisco and Redmund Washington. So I thought he was the real thing and so handsome too. We began to chat on Skype although I do have several e-mails also. My suspicions were aroused further with some inconsistencies appearing in his story so I decided to check things more thoroughly and discovered that this is a well known scam on the internet. I felt sick to my stomach and so stupid into the bargain. the poor chap whose pics are being used must feel bad as well. He used the e-mail address robert.Cathy@outlook.com. The pictures I have are the same as those already here.
Here is one of the e-mails he sent me

From Robert McCarthy Miller Sat Jul 6 10:05:12 2013

Return-Path: <robert.cathy@outlook.com>
X-Originating-IP: [65.20.0.12]
X-Originating-Email: [robert.cathy@outlook.com]
Subject: Good morning
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 02:05:12 -0700
ShonaMerc
New survivor

Re: robert.cathy@outlook.com

Unread postby firefly » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:30 pm

Originating IP: 65.20.0.12
Originating ISP: Critical Path Gmbh
City: San Mateo
Country of Origin: United States
firefly
"Nut job" admin.

PreviousNext

Return to Romance scams.